Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:06 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,854,266 times

Advertisements

Today I saw "Will You Marry Me? <3 DC" written over the empire state building today. I think that's amazing and I am not a sentimental person.

Anyone else do anything cute and memorable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 08:40 PM

27,403 posts, read 27,452,658 times
I dont know if it could be considered 'cute' but my boyfriend (we were only 19) and I were walking along some railroad tracks just talking in general. Somehow I just blurted it out 'you know, I think we should get married!', not really meaning anything of it. We were married that summer.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:25 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,544,620 times
Here's my proposal story from this weekend. It's definately memorable, whether it's cute or not is up to you all

OK, I decided to do my proposal in a Valentine's Day card. It was in a gift bag. A Ty Beanie Dog on top, then the proposal card, the ring was wrapped in the bottom of the gift bag. Girlfriend opens the bag takes the Beanie dog out, really likes it.

(the card read like this: I love you more and more (<- pre printed in card. My writting -->) I have been blessed to have you in my life. For us to walk hand and hand through life would be a dream come true. Will you marry me?)

She then opens the card and reads all BUT THE LAST LINE!! The proposal! She starts getting emotional and says "I love you" but never replys "yes" or anything. She opens and rings and really likes it. She then says "You're looking at me funny!" and we hug and kiss... but she never says yes. Not sure if she is in shock or unsure I don't mention if she saw the proposal. This all occurs at 7:30 on Friday night.

The next morning about 9:30 am she rereads the ENTIRE card... and comes into my room and says "Oh my goodness I just now read the entire card.. Yes of course, but why didn't you say anything last night!!"

So the end result was what I was hoping for... maybe the technique was a little off LOL

Old 02-20-2012, 12:00 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,259,977 times
I was on the forum. He wrote marry me. He did not anyway, how sad .

Old 02-20-2012, 02:31 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,909,517 times
One of my coworkers loves those little chocolate Kinder Eggs that have the little plastic toy you assemble inside. The little store next to her boyfriend's office sold them, so he would pick them up for her. When he decided to pop the question, he got one and used an Xacto knife to cut it open, then took out the toy and put the engagement ring inside of the little plastic container that sat inside, then very carefully used a hot knife to seal the chocolate back together and rewrapped it. She said yes

Old 02-20-2012, 06:19 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,242,988 times
Well, I shared mine from Valentines day last week...But He gave me a "ring pop" (candy) first, and We laughed it off...ate dinner, and on the way home, he ask..I thought it was cute with the blow pop ring...

Old 02-20-2012, 06:31 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,204,682 times
I'm not one for such elaborate displays...

Old 02-20-2012, 12:04 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,277,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm not one for such elaborate displays...
Me too. It smacks of desperation AND exhibitionism at the same time.

In fact, here's one of my favorites:

NBA marriage proposal fail - YouTube

Here's another one:

Food Court Proposal Gone Bad - YouTube

And another one:

UCLA marriage proposal fail on jumbo vision. - YouTube

And another:

Onstage Proposal Gone Wrong - YouTube

Another:

Worst Marriage Proposal Ever Fail - YouTube

I realize that we live in a society afflicted by The Entertainment Disease, but there are things that just shouldn't be made into some kind of public spectacle. First, it's a private moment that shouldn't be sullied by a bunch of goggling strangers. Second, it really amounts to coercion, because the woman in question suddenly feels pressured by hundreds or even thousands to say, "Yes."

Old 02-20-2012, 02:42 PM

17 posts, read 25,230 times
My now husband made a photo slideshow to our song "I can't stop loving you" by Whiskey Falls. He was showing me the slide show and at the end of the song there was a video of him at my dads grave. He told my dad that he was sorry that he never got to meet him but that he promised to always love and take care of me. Needless to say, I was in tears. When that video was over he was down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
Of course I said yes.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 PM

22,423 posts, read 29,581,553 times
I hope my cat proposes soon!! I'm tired of waiting! It's been 17 years already!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships