Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:02 PM

10,178 posts, read 20,803,755 times

Advertisements

Sounds like you were looking for a reason to end it prior to all this, turns out he gave you several seasons to push you over the edge. You are better off without him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 08:13 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,253,362 times
I'd like to hear more details. Like, you know for a fact that he was alive and well? Just want to hear a blow by blow. Plus, how did you dump him, and did you tell him why???

Old 02-21-2012, 08:15 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,668,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I'd like to hear more details. Like, you know for a fact that he was alive and well? Just want to hear a blow by blow. Plus, how did you dump him, and did you tell him why???

Blow by blow? I thought she was mad at him.......unless this was some make up action

Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 PM

943 posts, read 3,337,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yes he was and is alive and well.
He finally called while on his way to work saying Hey what's up, why didn't you call me? I explained that I was sick with a cold and my doc gave me another week off from work.he was silent, then he said I thought you went to work today, I responded that had he checked up on me he would've known that I didn't. He got defensive and started rambling about how he has to make the move to call, blah blah blah then he hung up saying that he didn't want to argue. I never even mentioned Vday and how I felt.

I dumped him via text after he hung up on me (my stitches were still fresh and I did not want them to rip from yelling anger) in the text I simply said "Do yourself a favor and just lose my number. It's clear that you aren't the man for me and I'm not the woman for you." I haven't heard from him since. Not for my bday the next day, nothing.

I'm still angry about the situation..this is a man claimed to be in love with me.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:25 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,002,226 times
I don't blame you.........

A few years ago my partner had a mastectomy on Valentines Day. Not only did I not get a nice steak dinner and a little lovin, but I spoon fed her some soup for dinner. She blew right through V day like it wasn't even there. If she misses another hallmark greeting card holiday I am not going to take this spoon feeding crap and let her know right up front how important a box of overpriced chocolate is...........

Old 02-21-2012, 09:33 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,926,200 times
how do you figure you did the dumping? sounds to me like he dumped you first-no?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:37 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,335,439 times
either way, it wasn't gonna work out between the OP and the guy...? so best to call it quits before more heartache comes along.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,711,924 times
You did the right thing. Happy belated!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:16 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,694,567 times
i would have got some valentines day chocolate , heat it up and threw it around his bathroom.. lmfao just kidding, he may think its real (poo) and have me arrested
wait can you get arrested for that?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:29 PM

30 posts, read 35,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
was I wrong for that?

Here's the story..I've been dating him since Oct after we reconnected (I've known him for quite some time). I had minor surgery the week before Valentine's day plus I ended up catching a nasty cold. I was just completely miserable, down and out. Valentine's day came around and he did absolutely NOTHING for me..not even a phone call or text message (to even check up on me) and to make matters worse, my birthday was the next day. I was extremely crushed and livid. He never had an explanation for me so I just ended everything..

You did great! Don't give it a second thought, he's not worth it, move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships