Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:34 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Gentlemen of CD,

Do you want a lady who looks decent but not a prize winner by any stretch who has a great mind and can challenge you or do you want a lady who can handle things on her own while comming to you every once in awhile with something she can't handle, who otherwise keeps her mouth shut and looks damn good while doing it?

Simple question. Just give the honest answer.

I am of the opinion that men want a lady who keeps herself up and who can handle things by herself.

Others are of the opinion that looks are less important initially than brains and other things that a lady would have to offer which I will let the opposition define since I don't agree.

Men are visual creatures. I haven't seen the man yet who would pass up fillet mignon to get to corn on the cob.

I don't see the point in denying that men will take the woman who is a hot piece who can handle things by herself and otherwise keep quiet and be the pretty lady over the woman who is alright looking but not breathtaking and has a great mind or whatever else she may have to offer.
Yup, and when her looks fade, does he trade her in? I don't really get what you are asking. Does he want her for what?? Is he looking for a quick lay, is he dating her, just taking her to social functions? Are they friends with benefits or are they getting married? I would think you'd need to define WHAT the relationship will be.

Afterall, if I was just looking for a quick lay I'd want the eye candy. (okay, that's really not my style but for arguments sake).
If I wanted a partner in life I'd be looking for something completely different.

Also, I don't get it. She keeps her mouth shut? So no conversation? Who does he socialize with in the evening. Does she just sit across from him and bat her eyelashes? And this is supposed to do what for him?

Also, does option B come with her own personal feather duster? You know, so he can dust his trophy off every so often. Standing there looking pretty is dirty work!

Old 02-23-2012, 09:35 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,297,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Generally (but not always), it's "easy on the eyes" that first gets a man's attention. After that, she needs to hold up her end of an intelligent conversation.... On many subjects, including engineering.

Then, if she has any thoughts of getting to first base, sex had better be there too.

Oh, wait.... You said "gentlemen"... Sorry, I'll back out now.
Before the ladies jump all over this I define gentleman as a man who treats women right and provides with the finances and shows respect to himself and others through his actions and manner of dress.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
shows respect to himself and others through his actions and manner of dress.
I'm out. I wore this shirt my wife got from sabas, against my better judgement. I felt like I should have been kicking poo around a barn all day. My co workers were right to make fun of me.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Yup, and when her looks fade, does he trade her in? I don't really get what you are asking. Does he want her for what?? Is he looking for a quick lay, is he dating her, just taking her to social functions? Are they friends with benefits or are they getting married. I would think you'd need to define WHAT the relationship will be.

Afterall, if I was just looking for a quick lay I'd want the eye candy. (okay, that's really not my style but for arguments sake).
If I wanted a partner in life I'd be looking for something completely different.

Also, I don't get it. She keeps her mouth shut? So no conversation? Who does he socialize with in the evening. Does she just sit across from him and bat her eyelashes? And this is supposed to do what for him?

Also, does option B come with her own personal feather duster? You know, so he can dust his trophy off every so often. Standing there looking pretty is dirty work!
Regardless of the long term intentions. Just living in the here and now. No in-depth thinking required.

By keeping her mouth shut I mean a woman who isn't out to bore you to death with the latest episode of Jersey Shore or to prattle away with the gossip of the day but can hold a decent conversation when the man initiates it or asks for her input on something.

Yes B comes with a feather duster to clean the house the man provides for her.

I don't understand these woman who expect a man to provide for them but they can't even manage to keep the house clean and complain and say that the work should be shared so that way when the man gets done working 8+ hours he is expected to come home and clean 'his half' plus cook dinner and heaven forbid there are children involved.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I'm out. I wore this shirt my wife got from sabas, against my better judgement. I felt like I should have been kicking poo around a barn all day. My co workers were right to make fun of me.
By mannor of dress I mean as it applies to off time. It can't be helped if the man is in a laborous field like construction or farm work etc.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Regardless of the long term intentions. Just living in the here and now. No in-depth thinking required.

By keeping her mouth shut I mean a woman who isn't out to bore you to death with the latest episode of Jersey Shore or to prattle away with the gossip of the day but can hold a decent conversation when the man initiates it or asks for her input on something.

I don't understand these woman who expect a man to provide for them but they can't even manage to keep the house clean and complain and say that the work should be shared so that way when the man gets done working 8+ hours he is expected to come home and clean 'his half' plus cook dinner and heaven forbid there are children involved.
So she should only converse when he initiates conversation??? Wow

Now, I'm all for cleaning house...I stay home currently so that is my responsibility. HOWEVER (and this is a biggie)...the chores in this house don't end when the clock strikes 5:00 so when he comes home, it becomes OUR responsibility. I never signed up to be his slave...his partner yes, but never his slave.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
It's almost mathematical.
B looks with a B personality
makes for a higher average than
A looks with a D personality.
Even when I was in high school and college.

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Men are visual creatures. I haven't seen the man yet who would pass up fillet mignon to get to corn on the cob.

I don't see the point in denying that men will take the woman who is a hot piece who can handle things by herself and otherwise keep quiet and be the pretty lady over the woman who is alright looking but not breathtaking and has a great mind or whatever else she may have to offer.
I don't need either...

I don't need somebody with a hot face or somebody who thinks they are intelligent and needs someone of equal intelligence because they have a JD from a Tier 4 school and watch the Colbert Report.

Down to earth, caring, and motivated...

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
Quote:
By mannor of dress I mean as it applies to off time. It can't be helped if the man is in a laborous field like construction or farm work etc.
I wear a t shirt and shorts. Do you by any chance live in Scottsdale, Arizona, with this way of thinking?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:47 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:

Does she have to sleep on the floor?

Is she required to thank the man for the feather duster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships