Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,293,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I wear a t shirt and shorts. Do you by any chance live in Scottsdale, Arizona, with this way of thinking?
No I don't. I am stuck out in Utah but it isn't all bad out here. I like the mountains and the quiet of the wilderness out here.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:49 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,854,353 times
I always go for good looking girls, its the first thing I look for. I don't search for intelligence, that's impossible to see. You can't know if someone is intelligent until you get to know them, so I just look for girls I find to be very attractive and talk to them.

In the end, the most important thing is just a nice friendly and caring personality.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:52 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,495,328 times
What is considered decent looks? Challenge me with what?

So second woman is gorgeous?

My answer is second woman. No one can do everything.

What is a gorgeous woman to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Gentlemen of CD,

Do you want a lady who looks decent but not a prize winner by any stretch who has a great mind and can challenge you or do you want a lady who can handle things on her own while comming to you every once in awhile with something she can't handle, who otherwise keeps her mouth shut and looks damn good while doing it?

Simple question. Just give the honest answer.

I am of the opinion that men want a lady who keeps herself up and who can handle things by herself.

Others are of the opinion that looks are less important initially than brains and other things that a lady would have to offer which I will let the opposition define since I don't agree.

Men are visual creatures. I haven't seen the man yet who would pass up fillet mignon to get to corn on the cob.

I don't see the point in denying that men will take the woman who is a hot piece who can handle things by herself and otherwise keep quiet and be the pretty lady over the woman who is alright looking but not breathtaking and has a great mind or whatever else she may have to offer.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What is considered decent looks? Challenge me with what?

So second woman is gorgeous?

My answer is second woman. No one can do everything.

What is a gorgeous woman to you?
Decent looks as the man considers them to be decent since it is a variable from person to person so whatever you consider decent to you.

Challenge... I was told that a man would get bored if he wasn't 'challenged' whatever that means.

Second woman is above average / goregous. First woman is just decent / average looking. Not bad enough to rule her out but nothing to brag to your friends about either.

Goregous is a variable. I will let each person define it as they will and by gorgeous I mean on looks alone.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,495,328 times
Quote:
Decent looks as the man considers them to be decent since it is a variable from person to person so whatever you consider decent to you.

Challenge... I was told that a man would get bored if he wasn't 'challenged' whatever that means.

Second woman is above average / goregous. First woman is just decent / average looking. Not bad enough to rule her out but nothing to brag to your friends about either.

Goregous is a variable. I will let each person define it as they will and by gorgeous I mean on looks alone.
Depends on the challenge.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Depends on the challenge.
Well I wasn't the one who made the comment that men should be bored if they weren't challenged so I won't go putting words in someone else's mouth so I guess you can define it as you will.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,104,895 times
Actually - this is what you said men wanted on the other thread -

"Men want a lady who can handle what he needs her to in order to minimize his responsibilities, keep her mouth shut unless she needs to come to him for help to validate his leadership status every once in awhile and look damn good while doing it."

All I can say is that I know that none of the guys that I've been with have wanted that because that is definitely not me!

I'm not saying that men don't want an attractive mate - I'm saying that many men don't want a woman that is ONLY attractive. And your posts pretty much describe women whose only attributes are that she looks good and keeps her mouth shut.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

"Men want a lady who can handle what he needs her to in order to minimize his responsibilities, keep her mouth shut unless she needs to come to him for help to validate his leadership status every once in awhile and look damn good while doing it."

All I can say is that I know that none of the guys that I've been with have wanted that because that is definitely not me!

I'm not saying that men don't want an attractive mate - I'm saying that many men don't want a woman that is ONLY attractive. And your posts pretty much describe women whose only attributes are that she looks good and keeps her mouth shut.
I agree with you. Not everyone shares my view and that is fine. However I believe the majority of men want a hot lady first and foremost because it is the first thing they take into account. Who wants to be with someone they aren't attracted to physically? This isn't some sexist comment it is human nature. Men want a hot lady to breed with and women want a man who can provide. Women who deny this are in denial.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,031,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

I'm curious if her partner tells her to keep her mouth shut??

Maria, can you not start a topic of conversation in your household? Do you always defer to him to determine when you can talk with him?

Old 02-23-2012, 10:12 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,463,606 times
Quote:
I agree with you. Not everyone shares my view and that is fine. However I believe the majority of men want a hot lady first and foremost because it is the first thing they take into account. Who wants to be with someone they aren't attracted to physically? This isn't some sexist comment it is human nature. Men want a hot lady to breed with and women want a man who can provide. Women who deny this are in denial.
The statement you quoted is the one I have an issue with. For the most part, as rough as you put it, on everything else I agree.

However there is a huge difference between wanting your woman to be attractive, and wanting her to shut up while she folds your laundry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships