U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 04:57 PM

14,743 posts, read 31,190,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Well, Andy Garcia who was my neighbor when I lived in Toluca Lake, was at one time considered a good looking dude, but his wife was a friggin' Sasquatch. No kidding. She was/is (dont know if they are still married) very unattractive for a guy like him.
I think she was attractive at one time, based on pictures I've seen a long time ago. Her looks might have faded. I believe he actually married his high school sweetheart from South Florida with whom he shares a similar ethnicity.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-29-2012, 05:05 PM

25,414 posts, read 17,882,752 times
I do a double take if I see a big disparity in looks.
I sometimes get a wierd look from some of my friends that associate weight with looks if I'm dating a woman who may be heavier. If a woman carries herself well it adds a lot to her looks. The opposite is true for a woman who carries herself poorly. Some women can pull off fake confidence even! Same goes for men!

Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 PM

28,234 posts, read 33,589,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Most of these people married "equals," very much so, come to think of it. LOL.
Let's see, one married someone less attractive but way smarter (and she is really smart). They are a perfectly balanced pair and started off as best friends, I always hoped they would get married even though he wasn't her "type." (They have a one year old)

The second one is sort of the same story. She is a 9! And he was like a 6. And then he got older, and better looking. So they are pretty close now. Maybe he is an 8. (Great chemistry, they have a 2 year old)

Let's see number 3, they are even. Couple 4: hmm another stunning woman, her husband is about 2 below. She is like a 9, he is more like 7.

And another friend, oh I have no clue, I haven't seen him in an eternity, I know he is married and has a kid.

Couple 6: about even. But this is an asian girl/white guy pairing and one of the few I have ever seen where the white guy is actually cute. They have 2 kids. (Ok I know that is stereotyping, but most of the time I see I really cute asian girl with a not very attractive guy.) **usually I am really skeptical of white guys who only date ethnic girls, and this guy is one of those. But then I met his dad, and he was a photographer and their house was covered with pics of ethnic women. It all made sense.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:12 PM

In general, I can't believe some have been so INDIGNANT about this topic. It was started merely to see if people had similar or different perceptions. It's turned out to be a pi$$ing contest between men and women.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:18 PM

9,410 posts, read 12,842,936 times
Quote:
Then, you have the lucky ones like myself who for some reason (other than having a great personality and being fun to be around) have always dated 8s, 9s and 10s in looks. ALWAYS. I am honestly probably around a 7 in looks (on a good day), but am a 10 in fun, a 10 in bed, a 10 in character/honesty/commitment and have a 9......uh....you know.
You must have a big johnson because it sure isn't your personality that attracts anyone.

Quote:
You will rarely see a man who looks a 9 or 10 with a woman who looks a 5-6. Well, Andy Garcia who was my neighbor when I lived in Toluca Lake, was at one time considered a good looking dude, but his wife was a friggin' Sasquatch. No kidding. She was/is (dont know if they are still married) very unattractive for a guy like him.
You are such a judgmental, nasty man. You have just validated my previous comment.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:21 PM

5,139 posts, read 11,938,597 times
Whatever...I think Lao's feisty and I wouldn't want him any other way. I am sure his hot as hell russian wife wouldnt either.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 PM

19,059 posts, read 23,656,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
In general, I can't believe some have been so INDIGNANT about this topic. It was started merely to see if people had similar or different perceptions. It's turned out to be a pi$$ing contest between men and women.
Based on what I've seen of your posts, you appear to be a player/instigator in that area. Congratulations.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I think Lao's feisty
Feisty is always more welcomed than uptight. Carry on.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:39 PM

12,975 posts, read 31,850,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You must have a big johnson because it sure isn't your personality that attracts anyone.
Well, I have been given the nicknames "Miles Long", "Filler" and "Thicky" so do the math. Plus, Im funny and know how to make the ladies laugh - "What's 10 inches long and makes a woman scream?............ Crib Death. Oh come on, you know you are LOL'ing right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You are such a judgmental, nasty man. You have just validated my previous comment.
Actually I am neither. Its just that some of my views and comments on topics differ from yours, but instead of understanding and knowing that others views on issues are different and accepting that fact, you call people names (nasty) and accuse them of being judgemental. I just say "Wow, interesting viewpoint there" and move on or engage in discussion.

I commented on the topic here and thats it. I am a 6-7 who married a 9-10. So, there are a few lucky ones out there like me who were able to land higher "ranking" people than ourselves. Its about more than just looks. Its about spiritual connection, mutual interests and shared values that are important to those who place little importance on just the petty physical things like looks.

Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM

9,410 posts, read 12,842,936 times
Quote:
Well, I have been given the nicknames "Miles Long", "Filler" and "Thicky" so do the math. Plus, Im funny and know how to make the ladies laugh - "What's 10 inches long and makes a woman scream?............ Crib Death. Oh come on, you know you are LOL'ing right now.
LOL, you're right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.