U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-25-2012, 03:25 PM
 
650 posts, read 1,071,379 times
Reputation: 506

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You are totally right. All my friends are crack wh*res who married former male models who are now CEO's of fortune 500 companies.
LOL
Rate this post positively

 
Old 02-25-2012, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 18,916,438 times
Reputation: 9378
I can't even remember exactly what the o/p said. I've read so many posts about looks that when I see another, they all start screaming in my head til they all sort of run together. All I can say is it must be exhausting to put so much emphasis and importance on looks when they eventually fade away. I can only imagine all the missed opportunities it brings.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-25-2012, 03:31 PM
 
41 posts, read 60,622 times
Reputation: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
not in the states, depending on which part of the country I see things like this

The northeast - Men date way, waaay, down
The West Coast (Socal) - People date up
The mid west - People date down in general here
The South - If they're not dating down they're about even.
The Heartland - You can date up really high here due to the lack of competition.
What about the southwest/mtn west - NM,UT,CO,AZ,ID,
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-25-2012, 03:47 PM
 
14,743 posts, read 31,186,755 times
Reputation: 8867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's what I have noticed as well. Not only do people date others that are similar in looks, but also in education, culture, values, worldview, etc.
BINGO....I would have added that but didn't want to make the post too long. Correct, IMO.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-25-2012, 03:56 PM
 
14,743 posts, read 31,186,755 times
Reputation: 8867
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
not in the states, depending on which part of the country I see things like this

The northeast - Men date way, waaay, down
The West Coast (Socal) - People date up
The mid west - People date down in general here
The South - If they're not dating down they're about even.
The Heartland - You can date up really high here due to the lack of competition.
I love this...shallow but interesting
I've lived in the 4 corners plus the middle
I'll comment on two exceptions to the equality issue:

The Pacific Northwest: Men date DOWN (the quality of the selection is the topic of MANY other threads)
The Southeast: Men date UP*, but watch out when those Southern belles turn into Paula Deens (*except for FL beach areas)

We are all entitled to our observations.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-25-2012, 03:58 PM
 
650 posts, read 1,071,379 times
Reputation: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I love this...shallow but interesting
I've lived in the 4 corners plus the middle
I'll comment on two exceptions to the equality issue:

The Pacific Northwest: Men date DOWN (the quality of the selection is the topic of MANY other threads)
The Southeast: Men date UP*, but watch out when those Southern belles turn into Paula Deens (*except for FL beach areas)

We are all entitled to our observations.
I want a Southern belle but hate humidity
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-25-2012, 04:33 PM
 
25,735 posts, read 28,212,190 times
Reputation: 24530
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
I want a Southern belle but hate humidity
Oh, my God. These are the kinds of conversations I had in middle school. "I want a guy who loves jumping on trampolines because I love jumping on trampolines, BUT he has to have really really dark hair. Except with Sean Cassidy's eyes even though Sean Cassidy doesn't have dark hair. And he also has to have an accent but not an Italian one."

Some of you people wonder why you're single...

Meanwhile, you're picking from what enormous pool of willing women that you can get this specific? (facepalm)

Too bad if that's mean, guys. We're observing here, right?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-25-2012, 04:36 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 18,916,438 times
Reputation: 9378
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh, my God. These are the kinds of conversations I had in middle school. "I want a guy who loves jumping on trampolines because I love jumping on trampolines, BUT he has to have really really dark hair. Except with Sean Cassidy's eyes even though Sean Cassidy doesn't have dark hair. And he also has to have an accent but not an Italian one."

Some of you people wonder why you're single...

Meanwhile, you're picking from what enormous pool of willing women that you can get this specific? (facepalm)

Too bad if that's mean, guys. We're observing here, right?
LOL O' the art of putting it into perspective.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:02 PM
 
14,743 posts, read 31,186,755 times
Reputation: 8867
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Oh, my God. These are the kinds of conversations I had in middle school.
Yep, there's both this and the real philosophical on the relationships forum.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:06 PM
 
25,735 posts, read 28,212,190 times
Reputation: 24530
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yep, there's both this and the real philosophical on the relationships forum.
Well, yeah. And on the inside back cover of my 1984 yearbook.

It's fine that these comments have been posted, AFAIK (per TOS and all that); I was just putting in my own comments.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top