U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 12:46 PM

951 posts, read 1,714,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You are totally right. All my friends are crack wh*res who married former male models who are now CEO's of fortune 500 companies.
Things are harder on Wall Street than most people know.
Rate this post positively

Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 PM

1,145 posts, read 2,102,036 times
That depends on what criteria you are basing the rating on. I have been able to play out of my league, physically on numerous occasions because I can articulate very well and have a pretty good sense of humor. So if you have other qualities and aren't wretched looking then as a 7 physically you can easily land a 9 or a 10.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:33 PM

14,743 posts, read 31,186,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
this is the source of much of the material deriding the superficial tastes of men. My experience with highly desirable men is that they had problems finding "the one" too. They just never had any problem getting laid.

I don't agree but this may depend a lot on where one lives and the ratio of single men to single women.

My experience is that women usually get a better looking husband. Of course, this is based on judgment that may not be objective. Additionally, women tend to decline much faster than men in their 30s and 40s. Good looking guys can also easily remarry several times, accentuating this observable fact.
The kind of insightful analysis I was looking for.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:39 PM

19,059 posts, read 23,653,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
The kind of insightful analysis I was looking for.
Men remarry at greater rates because men don't do as well on their own. Women do. And men appear to be obsessed with women. I usually don't make generalizations about the genders, but it's just something I see every where, even with my own husband. Women seem to be way more important to men than men are to women.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:55 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,111,851 times
Males and females are different like this.

Females can go as far as she's a 10 and he's any number. You see it all the time with rich movie directors and CEO's of big corporations. They can be a 2.5 and date the hottest foreign super models.

Men can't do that. You will never see a good looking man, 8,9 or 10 with a woman who is more than 1 or stretching it 2, away from him. In other words, man is a 10, you will NEVER see him with a 7.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM

14,743 posts, read 31,186,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post

Females can go as far as she's a 10 and he's any number. You see it all the time with rich movie directors and CEO's of big corporations. They can be a 2.5 and date the hottest foreign super models.

Men can't do that. You will never see a good looking man, 8,9 or 10 with a woman who is more than 1 or stretching it 2, away from him. In other words, man is a 10, you will NEVER see him with a 7.
Exactly why I started this thread. But, as you walk through life and OBSERVE, this is EXACTLY what you "stereotypically" see MOST of the time.

By the way, underneath it all, those hot foreign super models are SO unhappy in these "arrangements." The big exception to the rule, as pointed out, is when "money talks and bull$h!t walks"

Old 02-28-2012, 09:17 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,341,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
People of equal attractiveness are attracted to each other initially but here is a study that says that relationships are better (i.e. happier and longer lasting) between couples where the woman is much better looking than the man.

Why Beautiful Women Marry Less Attractive Men | LiveScience
I've certainly seen this a lot. What women cannot seem to understand is that very good looking guys expect the world to revolve around them. It often does when they are single but catches up with them, if and when they marry. Suddenly, there is no longer a bevy of people paving the way for their easy success. Meanwhile, their narcissistic and inconsiderate tendencies come to the fore. Of course, very few single women will believe this.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Men remarry at greater rates because men don't do as well on their own. Women do. And men appear to be obsessed with women. I usually don't make generalizations about the genders, but it's just something I see every where, even with my own husband. Women seem to be way more important to men than men are to women.
In your opinion.

What I see instead is that women who lost out on the first go around are more than willing to give these guys every benefit of the doubt. Quite often she hastened the process.

His ex may call him a low life scum and she may be right, but few women care.

In contrast, previously married women usually have much baggage that the desirable single men don't wish to take on.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post

Strictly because he doesn't need to. Women usually need the cash.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 PM

19,059 posts, read 23,653,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
In your opinion.
No, it's not my opinion. I've linked countless studies and you know it. Married men are always better off (physical, mental, emotional, and financial health). Better off than single, divorced, and widowed. You just can't stand that reality, but it is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.