Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 01:57 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Shallow question, I know. But I think most couples end up with an "equal" in attractiveness, sometimes one notch off, but generally not much more than that. I am saying MOST couples, not necessarily all. I also think this is healthier as there is less opportunity for "insecurities" in the relationship. A lot of problems do occur, though, when this ratio gets out of whack when one person becomes really vain and boosts their looks and/or one person really lets themselves go. Agreed? I came up with this thread since there are other threads questioning "disparity" and what to do about it.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:00 PM

649 posts, read 1,132,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Shallow question, I know. But I think most couples end up with an "equal" in attractiveness, sometimes one notch off, but generally not much more than that. I am saying MOST couples, not necessarily all. I also think this is healthier as there is less opportunity for "insecurities" in the relationship. A lot of problems do occur, though, when this ratio gets out of whack when one person becomes really vain and boosts their looks and/or one person really lets themselves go. Agreed? I came up with this thread since there are other threads questioning "disparity" and what to do about it.
a lot of times I think dudes myself included, are with hotter chicks, but since I am a hetero male, I would typically be biased in favor of the woman being more attractive

Old 02-25-2012, 02:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidArizona View Post
a lot of times I think dudes myself included, are with hotter chicks, but since I am a hetero male, I would typically be biased in favor of the woman being more attractive
Yeah, but do they stick around? You have "kid" in your name, so I assume you are under 30. I guess I was talking about middle-aged men and women who have relationships/marriages well under way. I should have clarified that.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:48 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Oh, Robert, for heaven's sake. Think about it. What does "average" mean? Don't numbers alone (much less logic) tell you that most of us are average? And that most of us end up hooking up? With each other? Average and average? (If we're talking specifically looks here.)

Old 02-25-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but do they stick around? You have "kid" in your name, so I assume you are under 30. I guess I was talking about middle-aged men and women who have relationships/marriages well under way. I should have clarified that.
good point, the hotties are hard to hold onto sometimes lol. but I'm handsome, I just don't make a lot of money...

Old 02-25-2012, 03:01 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
not in the states, depending on which part of the country I see things like this

The northeast - Men date way, waaay, down
The West Coast (Socal) - People date up
The mid west - People date down in general here
The South - If they're not dating down they're about even.
The Heartland - You can date up really high here due to the lack of competition.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:05 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
That's what I have noticed as well. Not only do people date others that are similar in looks, but also in education, culture, values, worldview, etc.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:21 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Well, according to the only people that matter (my husband and me) - we are both 10's. So, in our case - yes.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
not in the states, depending on which part of the country I see things like this

The Heartland - You can date up really high here due to the lack of competition.
You are totally right. All my friends are crack wh*res who married former male models who are now CEO's of fortune 500 companies.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:24 PM

[quote=wordlife;23140209]not in the states, depending on which part of the country I see things like this

The Heartland - You can date up really high here due to the lack of competition.[/quote]
Is that why George Strait sang a song about the Heartland?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships