Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: is a 21 year old virgin a turn off?
Yes, very much so 19 19.79%
No, I don't think so 77 80.21%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:13 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Lame excuse. You can't shield yourself from the real world forever, you have to get out there and live.

Many of the male virgins typically have very low self esteem and are always depressed about the fact that they are a virgin--that's why I find it a turn off. And it's not good to stay abstinent too long. I just don't see what's so great about waiting until you are almost 30 to finally have sex, I'd be resentful that it took me so long.
The male virgins, or suspected male virgins, I knew didn't have this problem. They might have been more religious than the norm. They may have been in college, waiting to get into law school. They didn't want to throw a wrench into their plans. They usually lost their virginity at 24 or 26...it doesn't matter...but, when they found a steady girlfriend around whom they began to plan things, they did the "deed."

If they have low self-esteem, it's because they compared themselves to those who were getting laid at 18. If they knew where they're going, then they didn't have a self-esteem problem. They just had principles.

I looked at your status and you have one that cites "applying makeup." What are your plans for the future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 07:28 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
The male virgins, or suspected male virgins, I knew didn't have this problem. They might have been more religious than the norm. They may have been in college, waiting to get into law school. They didn't want to throw a wrench into their plans. They usually lost their virginity at 24 or 26...it doesn't matter...but, when they found a steady girlfriend around whom they began to plan things, they did the "deed."

If they have low self-esteem, it's because they compared themselves to those who were getting laid at 18. If they knew where they're going, then they didn't have a self-esteem problem. They just had principles.

I looked at your status and you have one that cites "applying makeup." What are your plans for the future?

You can't have sex and go to college at the same time? Plenty of adults do this all the time and their lives turn out fine. I just don't see the point in waiting until you are 24/26 which is just too old in my opinion.I know I wish I was having more sex

Quote:
They aren't anymore moral or have better principles than those who are already doing it. They are just missing out on their best years being abstinent IMO In addition, nothing is guaranteed to you because you decided to wait forever to finally have sex. You can do everything right and still not be rewarded

Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I do not understand this mentality that some men have (especially young ones). I see it all too often. As if having money and a job is the only thing women value in men. Mostly I don't understand how any man would not be completely put off by even the idea that a woman would only be with him if/because of his money. If she's not interested before and then suddenly she's interested once you have money? Wow, I know that would put me off if I was a guy and as a woman it has put me off of even friends.
First of all, I think one of the best things a man can give to his wife, is his virginity. And, if he doesn't have a house, job, or benefits, he might get some dumb girl to lay up with him, but what can he offer a lady with her head on straight? If he has limited funds and lives with his parents, where is he going to take her to have sex; a park bench? Or maybe in the back seat of his moms Malibu? Because, he sure as hell isn't gonna disrespect his parents house. Question, if you had a daughter, wouldn't you want her to be with a guy who can take care of her, like a real man should? Or, would you prefer that she gets played by some dead beat scumbag, who she has to support? I don't see anything wrong with a young man who wants to finish school, get a career, and then focus on a companionship. First, people have a problem with women who pay all the bills and support their men. But now, your telling me you have a problem with a man who wants to support his wife. What gives?

Last edited by Just1Fan; 03-09-2012 at 08:21 PM..

Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
How can he have an STD if he is a virgin
I never thought of that. Wow, your good!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
You can't have sex and go to college at the same time? Plenty of adults do this all the time and their lives turn out fine. I just don't see the point in waiting until you are 24/26 which is just too old in my opinion.I know I wish I was having more sex
You know what, it sounds like a half-way decent looking guy doesn't have to buy you a drink or a cup of coffee to get some action. Then, I'd say, "gents, just make sure you have a 'raincoat' ."

Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
You know what, it sounds like a half-way decent looking guy doesn't have to buy you a drink or a cup of coffee to get some action. Then, I'd say, "gents, just make sure you have a 'raincoat' ."
So, anyone who has had sex before 24 is promiscuous? That's quite a stretch to think that. I happen to think life is too short to wait that long.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:45 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,257,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
I'm a 21 year old virgin, and I'm male. But I know for a fact that I'm very good looking. I'm VERY tall. No I'm not really religious, and I'm straight. I've had opportunities to to lose it before but I declined every time, I'm in no rush to lose my virginity unless it's to someone I really love. Why should I be?

That having been said, I haven't really dated enough to have ever been in "love," and I'm getting a little old to say that. I want to be with someone, but the dating process is such a hassle, I just don't feel the drive to start dating someone unless we really "click" before I even ask her out, which is a very rare occurrence. Like, why make the effort and jump thru all the hoops if it isn't a sure thing, if there really isn't anything there? Perhaps I simply don't have enough patience to give myself proper time to develop feelings for a girl. I also am very bad at hurting others, I don't like to risk hurting a girl by dating her, not developing stronger feelings for her, and dumping her.

I'm not the kind of guy who will check out a beautiful girl, hit on her, and then try to "get laid," (unless I'm drunk which doesn't happen too much)

Well, it is rare. All that does is guarantee you haven't gotten anyone pregnant or have any STDs. There might be some women that might question your sexuality but you don't have any time for those neurotic types anyway. Keep your backbone and your principles. Contrary to popular belief, it makes you a stronger man. Any woman worth having will see that as a strong character trait. On a shallow note, it might also make them want you more since a lot of women only want what they can't have, and would love the power of having been your first.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Well, it is rare. All that does is guarantee you haven't gotten anyone pregnant or have any STDs. There might be some women that might question your sexuality but you don't have any time for those neurotic types anyway. Keep your backbone and your principles. Contrary to popular belief, it makes you a stronger man. Any woman worth having will see that as a strong character trait. On a shallow note, it might also make them want you more since a lot of women only want what they can't have, and would love the power of having been your first.
You make some very strong points. I personally don't know anyone in my circle of friends who would have wanted to be party to an abortion stemming from recreational sex. And those who don't wear condoms are essentially relying on the woman "to take care of it." How would one know they are not being lied to?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 PM

Quote:
I know I wish I was having more sex
Oh, you ain't gettin' it in? Why not? Are you gay? I'm just clownin', baby. You ain't even gotta respond to that. Besides, if you look anything like you said you do, (i.e. caramel coated complexion and long beautiful hair), I'm sure the only thing stoppin' you is air and opportunity.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
Oh, you ain't gettin' it in? Why not? Are you gay? I'm just clownin', baby. You ain't even gotta respond to that. Besides, if you look anything like you said you do, (i.e. caramel coated complexion and long beautiful hair), I'm sure the only thing stoppin' you is air and opportunity.
I'm not caramel at all. I'm darkskin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships