Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 12:36 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,546,528 times

Advertisements

*sigh*

Is it wrong to feel a little hurt that your boyfriend exclaimed over another woman? No. Feelings are feelings. They are not right or wrong...at least not an initial feeling.

Where being a grown-up comes in is when you realize that it is stupid to get upset about this.

We are all human beings and we all find certain things attractive or not attractive. That does not take away from you or how he feels about you. In fact, it has nothing to do with you.

Now all you have done by yelling at your boyfriend is make it more difficult and less appealing for him to be honest with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,760,036 times
Just think about what he's doing when you're not actually in the room....

Old 02-29-2012, 12:54 AM

884 posts, read 1,175,804 times
I've been with my BF for awhile now, so it doesn't bother me at all when this happens...I do it all the time too, "wow he's smokin!" something like that. We both know it's just looking. I'm totally committed to him, but I'm not blind, and neither is he. It didn't bother me early in the relationship either.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:47 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,595,201 times
It's not something I'd do in front of a girl I'm with or even interested in, but I don't think it's a huge deal.

I'd be feeling a bit bad if I had a girl and she was goen all "wow" over some celeb.I think if a girl does this she's trying to make a point about her current not being as much of a catch.

I get that she'll find people hot that she sees, but goen "OMG HE IS SO FKN HOT!" is just unnatural and exaggerated.

As a guy I'd only do it around girls I'm not remotely interested in, certainly not in front of a girlfriend.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:40 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,299,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
People are on TV (men and women) for the "wow-able-ness".

I knew all the women my ex's had a wow response for. I have some for some celebrity men.

We always felt more free to express our appreciation because they are people we would never meet. Plus, none of them look as good in real life. (Sean Connery don't look as hot with out air brushing at his age).

I'm more concerned you both are watching The Bachelor.
Can't rep you again so soon, but that last line cracked me up.

We know each other's "hot list," too. When one comes on the screen, the other will say, "There's your friend."

OP, your boyfriend was insensitive. I mean, what is he, 14 that he has an outburst whenever he sees a pretty face and nice boobies? No pun intended, either.

Yet, if you handle it poorly, you risk coming off like you're hypersensitive or insecure. I suggest approaching it with humor. If you like, say Keanu Reeves, load your queue up with his movies. Get a napkin and wipe your drool while watching. The point is to make your SO aware of how ridiculous his juvenile response is. Heck, if he's that immature, you might have to hump the TV to make your point.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:41 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,042,836 times
Was thinking about what he said about 'the fat guy' and am now wondering if he was trying to stir a little jealousy in your for his own benefit.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:47 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,487,858 times
So trivial. Why do people of either sex get so upset over someone taking interest in another person? I don't care. It's not like they're going to act on it. If he's not doing that in real life, let him have his fantasies with someone on TV.

Don't sweat the small stuff in life. You'll make yourself miserable as well as the person you're with.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:53 AM

11,833 posts, read 12,097,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Can't rep you again so soon, but that last line cracked me up.

We know each other's "hot list," too. When one comes on the screen, the other will say, "There's your friend."

OP, your boyfriend was insensitive. I mean, what is he, 14 that he has an outburst whenever he sees a pretty face and nice boobies? No pun intended, either.

Yet, if you handle it poorly, you risk coming off like you're hypersensitive or insecure. I suggest approaching it with humor. If you like, say Keanu Reeves, load your queue up with his movies. Get a napkin and wipe your drool while watching. The point is to make your SO aware of how ridiculous his juvenile response is. Heck, if he's that immature, you might have to hump the TV to make your point.
Great post. There's no denying that we all notice attractiveness in others. We're human and it's natural. But there is something about the "WOW" that is thoughtless/insensitive toward your partner.

I also have to wonder why her BF takes delight in coming home to talk about attractive women at work TO his GF.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:53 AM

12,973 posts, read 34,030,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppsyout View Post
So bf and I were watching Bachelor show together when there's a sexy woman showed up in the show, bf eyes went pop out and make this adimiring " wow" sound like he has never seen a beautiful woman before. He has never looked/admired me that way.

I felt hurt and yelled at him. Am I wrong?
Yeah. You're wrong. Try not to overreact. Things like that make boyfriends want to become ex-boyfriends.

While watching Castle with my wife, whenever Stana Katic appears on screen, I remind the wife that "yeah, when I saw her at the mall during christmas, she was totally checking me out and pretty much inviting me over to her" (true story). I said "she is sooo hot I could have totally hooked up with her.". Wife was like "What ev" and left it at that. Why? Because she's not insecure.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:55 AM

11,833 posts, read 12,097,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Yeah. You're wrong. Try not to overreact. Things like that make boyfriends want to become ex-boyfriends.

While watching Castle with my wife, whenever Stana Katic appears on screen, I remind the wife that "yeah, when I saw her at the mall during christmas, she was totally checking me out and pretty much inviting me over to her" (true story). I said "she is sooo hot I could have totally hooked up with her.". Wife was like "What ev" and left it at that. Why? Because she's not insecure.
But what if the rest of the time, he's not behaving in ways that make her feel secure/loved?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships