Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 12:41 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
but the cow across the street sure was
Pfffttt.........

It wasn't a cow.

It was a sheep. I've always loved "clean shaven".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 12:42 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,634,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
So if she is willing to have an abortion then game on?
Yup, absolutely. She could be lying but her word combined with condoms and birth control is pretty solid. I mean, if the birth control fails, and the condom fails, and she was lying, ok then I'm screwed. If that's the case life really has it in for me.

But I'm almost 26 now, I'm at the point where the next serious relationship I have, I mean if I got a girlfriend, I'm going to have to go get that vasectomy because I don't want to be worried about this any longer. It's enough to have to worry about STDs, without having to worry about getting a girl pregnant too. It's worth it not to have to think about that any more.

Artsy, gee, thanks for the vote of confidence. Haha, I am anything but a nerd, I know enough about working out I was studying for a while to get a certification as a personal trainer, and I have two black belts in martial arts. I may be "nerdy" if by that someone means I love movies, I'm intellectual, enjoy reading, I've written two books, etc. But I keep myself in great shape, it's a must. Healthy body, healthy mind. Unfortunately a lot of nerds don't get that -- you THINK clearer and feel better if you're in great physical shape! I was amazed years ago when I really started working out hard how much better it helped me feel just in general, the confidence, the clarity of thought, etc. But in my life I've skiied black diamonds, I've played years of basketball, soccer, passed the highest level of classes for swimming (had a pool in my backyard since I was 3-4), baseball, rock climbing, martial arts, hiking, you name it, I've done it. Even played some rugby, badminton, tennis (I suck), la crosse, etc. I love sports, love playing them, love watching them.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:44 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,979 times
I'm just surprised by your honesty on this one. I thought from all of your posts on the politics section that you would be totally against an abortion.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:45 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Yup, absolutely. She could be lying but her word combined with condoms and birth control is pretty solid. I mean, if the birth control fails, and the condom fails, and she was lying, ok then I'm screwed. If that's the case life really has it in for me.

But I'm almost 26 now, I'm at the point where the next serious relationship I have, I mean if I got a girlfriend, I'm going to have to go get that vasectomy because I don't want to be worried about this any longer. It's enough to have to worry about STDs, without having to worry about getting a girl pregnant too. It's worth it not to have to think about that any more.

Artsy, gee, thanks for the vote of confidence. Haha, I am anything but a nerd, I know enough about working out I was studying for a while to get a certification as a personal trainer, and I have two black belts in martial arts. I may be "nerdy" if by that someone means I love movies, I'm intellectual, enjoy reading, I've written two books, etc. But I keep myself in great shape, it's a must. Healthy body, healthy mind. Unfortunately a lot of nerds don't get that -- you THINK clearer and feel better if you're in great physical shape! I was amazed years ago when I really started working out hard how much better it helped me feel just in general, the confidence, the clarity of thought, etc. But in my life I've skiied black diamonds, I've played years of basketball, soccer, passed the highest level of classes for swimming (had a pool in my backyard since I was 3-4), baseball, rock climbing, martial arts, hiking, you name it, I've done it. Even played some rugby, badminton, tennis (I suck), la crosse, etc. I love sports, love playing them, love watching them.
So you're like the alpha male or something...

Old 11-03-2008, 12:46 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Right, and you flew to the moon, sailed the seven seas, road on an air balloon across the world, sang in a famous hard rock band, and piloted air force one.

Quote:

Old 11-03-2008, 12:47 AM

more like an alpha banshee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
So you're like the alpha male or something...

Old 11-03-2008, 12:48 AM

Heck no I'm totally for abortion, haha, you think I'm a religious radical or a republican? I'm a libertarian, it's all about personal choice and no government intervention. I do not favor either political party on the whole, but I'm strongly for McCain only because I'm strongly against Obama. I hate Bush as much as the next guy, though, because my priority is small government, low government spending, low government intervention. Did Bush do any of those things? NO, he spent more money than any democrat ever would have, he waged wars that cost us trillions, and he passed laws that destroyed personal freedoms in the name of "safety." So I'm not too happy with either party at this point, pretty dismayed by politics in general, haha.

The alpha male, lol, I don't know about that. I aspire to be! I just think you should put your focus into perfecting yourself as much as you can. When I was 18 / 19, I was a smart young man, but didn't understand the importance of being a well-rounded individual, with a strong body and a strong mind. I had the mental aspect down but not much else. When I started working out I realized how great it made me feel to be strong mentally and physically. I wanted to be in the top 10% mentally and the top 10% physically. I wanted to be either a very smart jock or a very strong nerd

Old 11-03-2008, 12:51 AM

You don't have much emotional intelligence or good relationship skills. I sense a lot of selfishness and arrogance about you. Your lacking in some important areas dude...other than intellect and muscles.....there is more to life....oh well, you seem content enough to brag and boast.

Quote:
Heck no I'm totally for abortion, haha, you think I'm a religious radical or a republican? I'm a libertarian, it's all about personal choice and no government intervention. I do not favor either political party on the whole, but I'm strongly for McCain only because I'm strongly against Obama. I hate Bush as much as the next guy, though, because my priority is small government, low government spending, low government intervention. Did Bush do any of those things? NO, he spent more money than any democrat ever would have, he waged wars that cost us trillions, and he passed laws that destroyed personal freedoms in the name of "safety." So I'm not too happy with either party at this point, pretty dismayed by politics in general, haha.

The alpha male, lol, I don't know about that. I aspire to be! I just think you should put your focus into perfecting yourself as much as you can. When I was 18 / 19, I was a smart young man, but didn't understand the importance of being a well-rounded individual, with a strong body and a strong mind. I had the mental aspect down but not much else. When I started working out I realized how great it made me feel to be strong mentally and physically. I wanted to be in the top 10% mentally and the top 10% physically. I wanted to be either a very smart jock or a very strong nerd

Old 11-03-2008, 12:56 AM

haha, I don't really care what you think about me, it's no skin off my back.

Selfish? Sure. Arrogant? Not really. The best definition of humility: "Having a right estimation of oneself." I never judge myself to be better or worse at something than I am. I know what I suck at, like bowling, golf, and dancing, and I know what I'm good at, like writing, Tae-Kwon-Do, and philosophy. It's not arrogant to know you're good at something, any more than it's bad to know you're not so good at something else.

I think it's a big flaw in our society that you can't know what you're good at without someone calling you are arrogant. Would it be arrogant of Michael Jordan to say he thinks he's great at basketball? No, it's just the truth. If I say I'm a very good writer, it's not arrogant, it's just true. The same as I know I am VERY bad at bowling. It's nothing shameful to admit. I've put a lot of time into writing and very little time into bowling, so it's no surprise I'm terrible at it. We all have things we're very good at and I'm sure we all have many more things we're really bad at doing. Odds are if you picked 10 random things I'm going to suck at 9 of them. But don't I have the right to be proud of the things I CAN do well, that make me happy?!

I don't know what "good relationship skills" even means. If you mean compromise, I don't compromise. The word compromise is not in my vocabulary. "The security of the base has been compromised!" Does that sound like a good thing? It isn't. It means not getting what you want, and I like to get what I want. I have lots of great friends and a happy social life in that respect so I don't really care what you think. You're the one on here who can't seem to make friends, so stop throwing stones when you're living in a glass house my friend.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:59 AM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,979 times
Arsty has friends. He has lots of friends. JonLB also has friends. Now, everybody... let's get back to DJ's sheep fetish!?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships