Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 12:23 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,568 times

Advertisements

You like a certain girl. Every indication is that she likes you too and would be thrilled if you asked her out. The two of you get along GREAT! Every time you're together you laugh and tease and talk and flirt with ease. You feel completely comfortable talking to her about anything at all, in fact you never feel the slightest bit nervousness around her...with one exception.

Whenever you have the opportunity to tell her you have more than simple friendship in mind, you open your mouth but nothing comes out!

It's all well and good to say: "just do it". You tell yourself the as much and even convince yourself that you will tell her the next time you see her. But when the time comes you keep on letting the moment slip by.

What to do? What to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 12:26 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Why do you have to say it at all. Just invite her out someplace, spend some time together and if there's mutual sparks then proceed accordingly. Sometimes talking about these things just throws cold water on the deal.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:28 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,819 times
Pass her a note!

Old 12-03-2010, 12:29 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,948,922 times
Take one from Raj on Big Bang Theory. Down a shot of alcohol, wait for it to kick in, and let the words flow.

Seriously though, I don't think asking someone out is easy for anyone. You just have to suck it up. I wouldn't tell her you have all these feelings for her (that's probably pretty obvious), I would just say, "Hey, I was wondering if you would want to go to dinner with me on Saturday night? I could pick you up around 7?" Makes it clear it's a date, but isn't over the top at all.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:33 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,242,232 times
One thought I have, and I don't know if it's a good one or not, would be to write your thoughts down on paper -- a letter to her. Fold it and stick it into your shirt pocket. When the time comes that you *want* to tell her but can't get the words out, just tell her there's something you've been wanting to say but when you try the words fail you. Then hand her the letter.

Would that work, ladies?

Old 12-03-2010, 12:36 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,948,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
One thought I have, and I don't know if it's a good one or not, would be to write your thoughts down on paper -- a letter to her. Fold it and stick it into your shirt pocket. When the time comes that you *want* to tell her but can't get the words out, just tell her there's something you've been wanting to say but when you try the words fail you. Then hand her the letter.

Would that work, ladies?
Personally, no. That's a cop out, imo. If you're so scared of me you can't talk to me...well...not a good thing.

Besides, what is there to write down? Just ask her out! No need to confess your deepest emotions before you've even had a date.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:38 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,996,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Pass her a note!
Hehe!! Seeniorita, I had to rep you for this!

It can be one of those "Do you want to be my girlfriend? Check Yes or No" notes!

Old 12-03-2010, 07:38 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Why do you have to say it at all. Just invite her out someplace, spend some time together and if there's mutual sparks then proceed accordingly. Sometimes talking about these things just throws cold water on the deal.
Quote:
I would just say, "Hey, I was wondering if you would want to go to dinner with me on Saturday night? I could pick you up around 7?" Makes it clear it's a date, but isn't over the top at all.
Good suggestions but I don't know when or if I'll get the nerve up to ask her out either. All the time we've spent together up to this point as been in a group of friends or accidental meetings. Nothing planned.

The other day we were walking along together alone talking and I thought to myself: "Hey, here's a good opportunity to say something..." Nope. "Or ask her out..." Nope.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:10 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
It's cute - to an extent. Then it just gets irritating. I'm a fan of being as blunt as possible because I don't like to have my feelings on a coaster of "what if" and "maybe."

If you don't say it now, you might as well accept that you are entering friend territory pretty soon and you may never be able to leave.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,500 times
grow some balls and stop making such a big deal about it. You only live once, when you 70 years old your gonna feel stupid that you couldnt even ask a girl on a date. Its just a date, not some sort of decision with epic consequences. Stop working yourself up. DONT OVER THINK relax.

Your like ted mosby from how i met your mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships