Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 PM

5 posts, read 6,695 times

Advertisements

It is really that simple. Rejection is a part of life and there are plenty of fish in the sea. So why is it so hard for women who get asked out whether while they are at work, a grocery store, or some random place to simply tell a guy who asks them out that they are not interested. Women often lie to men at clubs if they aren't interested, like oh I have a boyfriend/married, and other excuses. Why can't they do the same thing to men they are not interested while they are in public.

I know many women will give excuses that the guy will ask "why" and other questions and I'll say that is complete and utter nonsense. They start asking "why" usually when you give them your phone number for no reason utter than to play mind games with them and finally tell them that they are no longer interested. I tell my guy friends that many women use guys as backup and you don't want to do that so when you meet her again just tell her if she is interested or not. So women, next time a man asks you out and you just don't see the physical attraction, vibe, or confidence from the guy, simply say "No/I'm sorry not interested. His ego and confidence might hurt for a day, but he'll be alright. Better this than probably unleashing prolonged sadness from continued attempted failures without you giving him any indication that you are not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 09:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,700,516 times
Women aren't trying to play "mind games".

It's just that most woman today were raised to be polite and not hurt peoples feelings.

Having to reject a guy is hard for those who don't want to purposely hurt anyone. It's even very uncomfortable sometimes.

I do agree with you that it would be better if more people in general could just be honest upfront, though again, that does take a lot of people out of their comfort zones.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,908 times
What do you want them to do, tell you that your face creeps them out?

Or are we talking about surveys here?

Ma'am, you have previously shown no sexual interest in me. In order for me to become more sexually desirable in the future, can you please take up to 5 minutes to fill out the following survey. All finished surveys are eligible for the grand prize, being stalked by me.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Women have a hard time saying they're not interested probably for the same reason guy's do. The famous "I'll call you" line that guys give, right? It's the same thing.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:01 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
I have no problem saying no, but I understand why some women do. In the last ten years, I've been called a B or other derogatory names by guys when I've - politely - declined advances. Some guys can have strange reactions and it's not always pleasant.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,118 times
I would like an honest answer from a girl.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I have no problem saying no, but I understand why some women do. In the last ten years, I've been called a B or other derogatory names by guys when I've - politely - declined advances. Some guys can have strange reactions and it's not always pleasant.
Exactly. I have been called the same. Accused of "being afraid of men" "being a lesbian" and all kinds of curse words because I didn't respond positively when some random person hollered at me on the street. Frankly it feels dangerous sometimes. Some people are overly aggressive and overly angry about being rejected.

I smile and ignore, or say something like "sorry I'm late for a meeting/meeting a friend/have a reservation."

Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,468,357 times
I don't think it's hard to say because I've heard that a lot!

[haha...]

Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,545,735 times
Women generally don't want to make the guy feel bad.

It's less hurtful to say, "I'm busy" and hope that he gets it. The rejection is less personal that way--unlike, "I'm not interested" which sounds like you think there's something unappealing about the guy. It's just awkward.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,506,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie1249 View Post
Women generally don't want to make the guy feel bad.

It's less hurtful to say, "I'm busy" and hope that he gets it. The rejection is less personal that way--unlike, "I'm not interested" which sounds like you think there's something unappealing about the guy. It's just awkward.
Same thing is getting rejected for a job offer. Just tell the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships