Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:07 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,992,156 times

Advertisements

It been said Madonna's boyfirend is going to propose to her. She 53 and he's 24..that's a 29 year difference. Myself I think 10 years is quite a bit but what do other think?

Madonna Considering Marriage Proposal From 24-year-old Boyfriend, Report Says | Fox News

Let's say a person is 50 what's the plus or minus. I just can't see what a 53 year old has in common with a 24 year old. From his point of view when he's 30 she will be 59.

Now from her point of view all she's basically up to lose is some money unless there's a solid prenup and he's young enough to sign one.

Then again if I were 53 and wealthy I would date 18 and up. Totally fer sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 01:08 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,608,691 times
Quote:

Perv!

Last edited by Keeper; 03-06-2012 at 07:16 AM..

Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,509,314 times
Big age gaps can be creepy! Hugh Hefner is a total pervert and looks like an idiot...mucking about with girls young enough to be his great granddaughters....truly sick. Sad thing is he has probably never known true love.

10 year gap can be OK. Either younger than the woman or the woman be 10 years younger than the man. Anything more get too big a gap.

You got to remember......if your other half is a LOT younger than you....that makes you LOOK really, really old...you will end up feeling insecure...looking at every wrinkle....wonderiing if you SO will run off with someone 10 years younger themselves!!!!

Just my opiinion. Nothing can be relied upon in relationships. But some things weigh heavily against.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,608,691 times
I was 12 years older then my ex wife & 2 years younger then her dad. So when she called me daddy...... well you know.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,766,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
It been said Madonna's boyfirend is going to propose to her. She 53 and he's 24..that's a 29 year difference. Myself I think 10 years is quite a bit but what do other think?

Madonna Considering Marriage Proposal From 24-year-old Boyfriend, Report Says | Fox News

Let's say a person is 50 what's the plus or minus. I just can't see what a 53 year old has in common with a 24 year old. From his point of view when he's 30 she will be 59.

Now from her point of view all she's basically up to lose is some money unless there's a solid prenup and he's young enough to sign one.

Looks like he's the gold digger in this situation for a change! I think this age difference is way too much.

Madonna isn't the typical 53 year old either. Not that some of them don't look good, but come on she looks a lot younger and is healthier then most women that age. Madonna seems like a control freak, to the max. I don't think she's cut out for marriage, based on the last 2. Interesting how it's a big deal all the time if the man is up to "lose all his money," but it's not a big deal for the woman in that position.... I think if the marriage doesn't work out he will make out like a fat cat. Look at her last husband's pay day.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:34 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,509,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Looks like he's the gold digger in this situation for a change! I think this age difference is way too much.

Madonna isn't the typical 53 year old either. Not that some of them don't look good, but come on she looks a lot younger and is healthier then most women that age. Madonna seems like a control freak, to the max. I don't think she's cut out for marriage, based on the last 2. Interesting how it's a big deal all the time if the man is up to "lose all his money," but it's not a big deal for the woman in that position.... I think if the marriage doesn't work out he will make out like a fat cat. Look at her last husband's pay day.
Just imagine Madonna......her ??? how many marriage now......saying her vow...."I promise to look after this boy, make him cookies, put him to bed early, read him stories, take him to Disneyland.......and when he grows up a bit...I promise to pretend I don't mind when he runs away with a girl his own age....."

And his vows will be "I promise to look after this cougar woman....I won't spend toooooo much of her money, I will revel in the spotlight....I will try not to ogle Madonnas daughter (who would be more suitable for me) and when Madonna is ready for the old folks home...I promise to take her there myself.....!"

Old 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,090,132 times
I think it's totally creepy when someone dates someone who is the same age as either: 1. their parents, or 2. their children.

For example: if 40-something year old man has 20-something year old kid(s)... I think it's creepy for that man to date 20-something year olds.

And I think it would be creepy for his 20-something year old kids to date 40-something year olds.

Same goes for women, too.

So... yep... I think about 10-15 years is about the biggest age gap I can stomach.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:40 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,140,094 times
10 years is my cut off too...10 years older. I'm 28, so I'd date someone 38, but no older. NOT 10 years younger though...18...no way!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,477,058 times
If you find the right person...age should not matter. My current SO is older than my Mom...of course, my Mom is only 15 years older than me...my ex, also the same age as my Mom...it was very funny when they went places together, and the kids called him "Daddy", and her "Grandma"....they got some strange looks.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,766,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
Just imagine Madonna......her ??? how many marriage now......saying her vow...."I promise to look after this boy, make him cookies, put him to bed early, read him stories, take him to Disneyland.......and when he grows up a bit...I promise to pretend I don't mind when he runs away with a girl his own age....."

And his vows will be "I promise to look after this cougar woman....I won't spend toooooo much of her money, I will revel in the spotlight....I will try not to ogle Madonnas daughter (who would be more suitable for me) and when Madonna is ready for the old folks home...I promise to take her there myself.....!"
LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships