Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 PM

228 posts, read 498,822 times

Advertisements

If your entire post wasn't so douchy on just about every level I would probably put in the effort to explain how flawed your logic is. If is is how you view women (I have read many of your previous posts) then no amount of counter arguments or disgust will help you to see the light.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,536,044 times
The OP basically describes why I hate dating, and why I'm simply not doing it anymore. When push comes down to shove, I'm either the hot chick they want to show off or the ugly chick they want to come over at midnight and leave before their roommates wake up.

Heaven forbid someone actually sit down and talk to me instead of just wondering what I'm like in bed.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM

348 posts, read 548,360 times
So many problems with the OP's post...

The answer is no. Some so-called '5s' have terrible personalities, while some so-called '9s' are outstandingly loyal.

I never 'dreamed' of marrying a '10'. I've always wanted to marry a woman that I was attracted to and compatible with.

In college, my gf was very attractive to some guys, others not as much. She didn't wear much make-up and dressed kinda casual, but she was naturally very pretty. She had a good body, but wasn't stick thin. I loved her because we had the exact same sense of humor.

My most recent gf...tall, thin, more 'glamorous', probably between a 9-10. But despite there being some issues, there is just some unspoken attraction that keeps us from getting away from each other. We always have a great time together and are very direct people.

So as always, looks are important, but it goes way beyond that. It's about attraction and connection.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,783,150 times
After flurting and Ignoring some of the most attractive women around I've realized the end results is the same...

As far as the "under-attractive" better for longterm I disagree. I feel it is a 50\50 shot.
I've had an "UA" if you will, and she would've made the best wife ever on all levels!
Also, I've dated amazing women Physically whom possess ever classical trait of the Soulmate.
Possibly I am fortunate for my past aqaintance.
S\N: The most Beautiful Face and Smile I have ever witness belongs to an extremley overweight woman.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 PM

85 posts, read 138,216 times
Interesting that these hot women don't really exist to you as people, just as your ego boost. Ask yourself, however, what you're really doing for them? While it is true that biologically men want to bed the hottest woman they can, the same biology dictates that women should want the man that can do the most for them. Hot women have many opportunities, so is it possible you're just not as good of a catch as you think you are? This is a big problem I see with male double standards (and we women have our own, not to worry): they choose women based on shallow criteria and then are shocked and upset when said women turn out to be shallow. So if I understand you correctly, you can choose women solely based on their looks but they in turn are supposed to treat you well, give you all the pleasure you want, and consider what type of guy you are? Really? So you can be shallow and she can't? This is what you have to square in your own head; whether you bring something to the table that is equal in value to what you want. Notice I didn't say it had to be equal, just equal in value. If these women treat you like crap I have to assume that you don't bring enough to the table. You have a much higher opinion of yourself then hot women do, and unfortunately for you they can do better.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,594,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVanNostren View Post
So as always, looks are important, but it goes way beyond that. It's about attraction and connection.
Yeah, but to experience that you'd have to, ya know, maybe see women as more than barely sentient beings who exist only to serve or flatter you.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,837,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Do less attractive women make better long-term partners?
NO. A person's physical attractiveness (or lack of it) in no way shape or form has any bearing what so ever on their long-term relationship status. I think its super ridiculous to even assume that.

What makes for a great long-term partner in a relationship is what is on the inside not what is on the outside. Im talking character, integrity, virtue, honesty, integrity, values, etc.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:48 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,429,776 times
NO. Each person should be taken on their individual characteristics. My ex was average, and a terrible wife. In my present marvelous relationship, she is also beautiful and hot. So, in my experience, your premise is false. Of course, if anyone is self-centered or feels "entitled" they are not going to be a good parnter, regardless of how they look.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,488,905 times
No. It varies. But a less attractive women is less likely to cheat and end a relationship. She is less picky.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,358,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
No. It varies. But a less attractive women is less likely to cheat and end a relationship. She is less picky.
That's an extreme generalization.

There is absolutely no way anybody could possibly draw a parallel between looks and cheating.

Cheating is a character flaw and has nothing to do with looks.

There are plenty of good looking people who are just as likely to stick around with a cheater.

It's about self esteem, you either have it and don't put up with someone's cheating, or you don't have it and you're a doormat.

How you look does not determine that.

PERIOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.