Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 05:58 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,606,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
“If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. From my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you.”
-Jimmy Soul, 1963
Not to over think this the less than pretty girl is always a good bet and a better companion as the years go by.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:00 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,005,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Not to over think this the less than pretty girl is always a good bet and a better companion as the years go by.
When someone named "Grandpa" agrees with you, it's usually a good sign that you're right.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 PM

125 posts, read 267,056 times
There is a lot of truth to that.

Honestly, marrying a woman who is lets say an 8, 9, or 10 out of 10 is not usually (keep the word usually in mind) a good idea because

1. Such women are probably going to cheat, not because they have it in their blood but the options will always be there for them. There will be men out there who will keep pursuing these women knowing that they are married. You are just going to have to deal with that reality.

2. Yes, due to their looks mattering so much to them, such women will generally not have a big name personality mainly because their looks got them by.

Thing is, these women will usually become trophy wives if their looks last.

Lets be realistic too, most guys will not marry an attractive women or even get a chance to do so because in a lot of cases such women will be looking for men who are:

1. Equally as attractive as them
2. Make a lot of money and can provide for them

As a result, you are kind worrying for no reason.

I would prefer a girl who is on the 5-7 (not even 7) scale in terms of marriage but hey, I don't plan on getting married.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,185,996 times
I'm not reading all of this. To summarize: no.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:22 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,383,883 times
For some reason a lot of women are getting very defensive in this thread and im not exactly sure why. While I dont totally agree with the OP's logic. I think girls that arent as attractive may be down to earth and because they arent getting hit on every 5 seconds are more willing to make a relationship work or be more pleasurable to be with rather than a super hot women that may act stuck up or is high maintenence. Obviously the logic isnt completely true and hot women can be the nicest human beings on the earth while "ugly" women can be total arseholes. You obviously shouldnt date someone u dont feel at least some attraction too, I think what the OP really found out is that girls that are more down to earth and have their Sh*t together tend to be better lovers/ better long term relationship material than some hot flame that will leave u in a second for something better or whatever

Old 03-08-2012, 06:32 PM

348 posts, read 548,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yeah, but to experience that you'd have to, ya know, maybe see women as more than barely sentient beings who exist only to serve or flatter you.
Very true.

This whole talk of women being slotted in terms of their 'hotness' level and that their behavior directly relates to this is completely ridiculous.

There are plenty of '10's who get hit on a lot, but don't cheat because they don't want to. Because most women aren't selfish or disloyal or sitting there thinking about their 'options'. It's not like if a woman who is is superhot doesn't get their way they just say "I'll go **** some other guy". It just doesn't work that way. If a woman has a guy who treats her like crap does that, well, then the guy kinda deserves it.

When I'm with a girl, yes it seems like more women are attracted to me because 1) women can be competitive, and 2) more importantly, I'm more relaxed around them.

But if I'm with a girl I love, I don't think about cheating on them for one second. I don't think about 'trading up' because there is no 'up'. I don't care if it is Mila Kunis or Angelina Jolie. I have no connection to them. Again it's about physical attraction AND emotional connection.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:33 PM

9,784 posts, read 11,441,531 times
pimpy speaks the truth!
On average the pretty women or unwilling to do what it take in a relationship ie (sex on the regular basis,spending there own money ect..)
In the grand scheme of things pretty girls don't have to!
There is a rich ugly guy around every corner that will coddle them and buy them anything they want.

Less attractive girls have more to lose acting like a spoiled brat then pretty girls.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,929,856 times
To be real with the divorce rate what it is looks may not matter. one more thought. Some people do factor in the looks of their mate when considering kids. That ugly woman might be a great wife but then if the man is ugly too the birth just might have to happen a the local zoo.

Doctor: " What the ____ is that???"

Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,071,587 times
Not according to my husband!

Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 PM

228 posts, read 498,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
pimpy speaks the truth!
On average the pretty women or unwilling to do what it take in a relationship ie (sex on the regular basis,spending there own money ect..)
In the grand scheme of things pretty girls don't have to!
There is a rich ugly guy around every corner that will coddle them and buy them anything they want.

Less attractive girls have more to lose acting like a spoiled brat then pretty girls.
Another sad little man who knows nothing about women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.