Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:26 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,777,005 times

Advertisements

Yes, generally very attractive women play more head games and tend to have higher standards than average women and tend to be single more often as more men don't pursue them as they would a average looking women. Attractive women think they're worth more but usually end up alone and having the need to settle for any man at a later age, not all but a good amount.

You make good points but the key with really attractive women is these are the more insecure ones and these are the ones with the most issues.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahman21 View Post
There is a lot of truth to that.

Honestly, marrying a woman who is lets say an 8, 9, or 10 out of 10 is not usually (keep the word usually in mind) a good idea because

1. Such women are probably going to cheat, not because they have it in their blood but the options will always be there for them. There will be men out there who will keep pursuing these women knowing that they are married. You are just going to have to deal with that reality.

2. Yes, due to their looks mattering so much to them, such women will generally not have a big name personality mainly because their looks got them by.

Thing is, these women will usually become trophy wives if their looks last.

Lets be realistic too, most guys will not marry an attractive women or even get a chance to do so because in a lot of cases such women will be looking for men who are:

1. Equally as attractive as them
2. Make a lot of money and can provide for them

As a result, you are kind worrying for no reason.

I would prefer a girl who is on the 5-7 (not even 7) scale in terms of marriage but hey, I don't plan on getting married.
TOTALLY agree

Old 03-09-2012, 06:52 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,445,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
You make good points
You think?

Theres nothing wrong with sex between two mutally consenting adults.

Whether having sex with a narcississtic 10 who thinks a guy owes her jewelry after they've been bang buddies for a month to prove to her shes all that.....

or the 5 who over-compensates and cleans your house twice a week out of gratitude to be in your company.....Either are insecure with self esteem issues.

When theres no interest other than sex, well, you get what ya get, and not a true representation of women.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:45 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,839,994 times
The OP's original post is a generalization that oftentimes does apply. However. I wouldn't take much creedence in it, and I certainly wouldn't use it as a guide for picking a spouse. A lot of peoples attitude about themselves/ pride/arrogance depends on their own self-perception. I've known 5's that thought they were 10's. Also, he should keep in mind that premarriage behavior is no guarantee of post-marriage behavior. Lots of men and women have discovered this, which is why a long period of engagement/dating is important. IE The 5 may try harder to land the guy, but after marriage treat her man just as bad or worse than the 10 would have.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:56 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,098,587 times
In an actual functioning relationship, both people should think their SO is a 10, and both people should feel grateful to have their SO in their lives. It's not some kind of superficial hierarchy.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:07 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,386,394 times
without dubt l do not agree with you op, l prefer a smart blonde

Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
You think?

Theres nothing wrong with sex between two mutally consenting adults.

Whether having sex with a narcississtic 10 who thinks a guy owes her jewelry after they've been bang buddies for a month to prove to her shes all that.....

or the 5 who over-compensates and cleans your house twice a week out of gratitude to be in your company.....Either are insecure with self esteem issues.

When theres no interest other than sex, well, you get what ya get, and not a true representation of women.
The issue is figuring out the really attractive chick and getting her to lower her guard without thinking every man is trying to sleep with her compared to the average chick that thinks your such a catch that she keeps smiling at you relentlessly.

And most people are insecure about their looks period so that's not a issue but usually that dime piece will play more head games due to her thinking she's worth much more.

It's like taking a cup on water to the ocean literally.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:36 AM

61,290 posts, read 87,094,098 times
no its a bold face lie, character and pretty are coincidental. u can be rotten and ugly all at the same time.
been there done that.
that song has caused the sad unhappy end of many a man.
what ugly does is take away the high maintenance card being played from the get go but it can be played later with a marriage license and a good attorney just as well.
your best bet under current rules is stick with a non live in GF and not a wife, when the games begin let the battery in your cell phone die or get sick often.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,356,879 times
Quote:
Ostensibly I was just being a gentleman, but in reality I wanted to make sure my roommates got a look at what was naked in my bed the night before.
I'm sure your you were universally known around town as "Mr. Maturity."

Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 AM

29,627 posts, read 34,098,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I'm sure your you were universally known around town as "Mr. Maturity."
And it really says a lot about him that he phrased it as "what was in my bed" and not "who."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.