Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 PM

523 posts, read 2,905,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
.....because you haven't stumbled upon the right one yet, but you will .

Don't worry about Mr. 23, you're probably better off. Like you said, "typical guy"......typical 23 year old guy .

After the final end of a long on and off relationship that took up most of my 20's, I found myself turning 30 and in a new city. I was dating, but they really weren't the right guys for me. I was so tired of it all. I knew what I wanted now, but was I going to have to date for years more to find that guy?

And then I stumbled upon him . Through co-workers we were set up. We instantly connected and that was that. Fast forward and we've been together nearly 9 years and most of that married . But I've never forgotten the frustration of "waiting" for the right one.....at times I thought I'd missed the boat and it was too late. Luckily, I had friends that were older and wiser than me and they were reassuring that it would all work out, so I kept a positive outlook and my options open .
Don't get me wrong--I'm not particularly upset about the 23-year-old 'cause I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have gone anywhere. But it has been hard for me relationship-wise for the past few years. I graduated from business school in 2005 in VA--worked in that area for 6 months, then I went to NYC, then CT, now Charlotte. That's a lot of moving around so it definitely makes it hard to meet people. I have stayed pretty positive, though, and been very proactive meeting people but haven't found anyone I've truly clicked with for years. I guess it's a good thing that I'm pretty good at entertaining myself. Unfortunately, I've found there are at least a couple of things I really can't do/don't want to do by myself (get your minds out of the gutter) so it would be nice to have someone around on those occassions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 03:22 PM

1,669 posts, read 4,241,471 times
Maybe you should give some of your guy friends another look. Why is it that you're not attracted to any of them? They're not all ugly and stupid are they?

Old 09-13-2007, 03:47 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,769,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticman View Post
Maybe you should give some of your guy friends another look. Why is it that you're not attracted to any of them?
That's an excellent question. Another excellent question is why Anu2 isn't recognized as a transparently profane name. I don't oppose it, I think it's funny. But I'd give it less than 10% odds of being "innocent and accidentally naughty."

And this begs the question of whether this entire thread is a ruse. Just a question. I'm not judging, just speculating because I'm a skeptic.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticman View Post
Maybe you should give some of your guy friends another look. Why is it that you're not attracted to any of them? They're not all ugly and stupid are they?
Well...I don't know about stupid but I'm certainly not physically attracted to them. I also have major lifestyle differences than a lot of them. For instance, one of my guy friends was telling me he "loved" me a couple of months back and that if I closed my eyes, I could love him. I tried to explain, that no--that wasn't possible and also that he didn't "love" me, he just wanted to "do" me because he was physically attracted to me. We are just about as opposite as possible in our views on almost everything and I would find him incredibly annoying to date--not to mention, I can't imagine sleeping with him. Anyway, two months later, he finally admits that I was right--that we are very different and the fact that he was so physically attracted to me was throwing him off.

As for other guy friends...since I've been moving around the country, a majority of my guy friends live hundreds of miles from me (and I'm not attracted to them, either).

Old 09-14-2007, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
That's an excellent question. Another excellent question is why Anu2 isn't recognized as a transparently profane name. I don't oppose it, I think it's funny. But I'd give it less than 10% odds of being "innocent and accidentally naughty."

And this begs the question of whether this entire thread is a ruse. Just a question. I'm not judging, just speculating because I'm a skeptic.
Urgh? I really don't understand how Anu2 is a "tranparently profane" name? How is it "accidentally naughty"? I'll tell you the meaning behind my name if you explain what you are referring to (not rocket science, btw)!

And, yes, I guess you're VERY skeptical because this is a 100% legitimate post! Why would you think it's a ruse?

Old 09-14-2007, 08:34 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,769,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
Urgh? I really don't understand how Anu2 is a "tranparently profane" name? How is it "accidentally naughty"? I'll tell you the meaning behind my name if you explain what you are referring to (not rocket science, btw)!

And, yes, I guess you're VERY skeptical because this is a 100% legitimate post! Why would you think it's a ruse?
I'm convinced that my mental and emotional age is 15, even though my physical age is 51.

I'll take you at your word. And remember, I did give an almost-10% chance of not being a naughty name in disguise. So perhaps there is hope for almost 10% of my brain cells to mature beyond mid-adolescence.

Thanks for responding, sorry to disrupt an interesting thread with my juvenile comments. I need to go on a quail hunting trip with Dick Cheney...

Old 09-14-2007, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post

I'll take you at your word. And remember, I did give an almost-10% chance of not being a naughty name in disguise. So perhaps there is hope for almost 10% of my brain cells to mature beyond mid-adolescence.
Don't leave me hanging! I want to know how my name is "transparently profane" and "naughty"! It might be good for me to know so I can profane and naughty jokes!

Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
I see your name as another way of saying "and you too!"

Old 09-14-2007, 10:06 AM

786 posts, read 1,176,422 times
I guess the "2" could resemble a backwards "s"...

Old 09-14-2007, 10:23 AM

223 posts, read 281,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
So I was out this past weekend eating my 2nd dinner with some friends and I decided it would be fun to flirt with the waiter. There was something gross in my water so I returned it and asked him to make it up to me by giving me my martini on the house. When the bill came, he said he couldn't take the martini off of my bill so my friend told him that he would have to give me a back massage, instead. So, after he washed his hands and asked his manager's permission, he gave me a 2 minutes massage at the table :-). My friends asked him how old he was and he said 23 (which is what I had guessed) and they said, "awww, 'cause her limit is 26." Anyway, in the end, my friend wrote my phone # on the bill and he actually ended up coming over on the way out (before seeing my phone number) with his "business card." It was actually really cute and he was really cute but he's 23! I'm 30, btw!

I realize that 30 year old guys date 23 year old women all the time (in fact so do 40 and 50 year old guys--yuck.) But is it ridiculous of me to go out with him? My friends said that we look the same age so it wouldn't be an issue of people looking at us crazy if we went out together. I'm pretty sure this couldn't possibly turn into anything serious but I'm not having an easy time finding anyone my own age to date. Two years ago, I tried dating a 22 year old and I felt like that was ridiculous but I was in a college town and there wasn't anyone single my age there so it was more of a companionship thing. But now, I'm a different decade! As usual, I'm curious about everyone's thoughts!
If a 40-50 yr old guy wants to date a 23 yr old then so be it.It sounds to me that youre not open minded.When i was 17 i had a female lover that was 34.Age dont mean a thing to me as long as they are of legal age.Just keep in mind that the yrs move along quickly & before you know it you will be the big four o.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships