Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:00 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Any woman that settles for a man that does not want kids - will find in time that the man will start calling her mum. Any man that will settle for a woman that does not want kids will find himself her personal servant and butler---that works for free.
You live in such a tiny little box that I wonder if it gets claustrophobic in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 09:13 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,766,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You live in such a tiny little box that I wonder if it gets claustrophobic in there.
Lived in a bigger box....and lived outside the box...and sometimes to make a point I go back to that small little box...and no I don't get clausterphobic...if I do...I just leave...

The point I made does not apply to ALL people but to a few..that do exist...Just trying to get the point across that the idea of loyalty breeds royalty.

It's just up to me the old guy to make a point and at least get you to think..rather than live in a big box where you believe you have all the answers..

All I know about this subject ...is that it is about team players...seen loyal partners and those who are not...a "wife" to be good material...has to be intelligent...try to marry up rather than down...or settle for take out food and sex as the base for marriage.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:33 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,338,020 times
I think every man has their own definition of wife material. Mine would go something like this:

Trustworthiness -- the most important trait to me is whether she can be trusted with my life, finances, etc.

Intelligence -- has to be someone I can carry a real conversation with

Sense of humor -- someone who will laugh at my bad jokes would be preferable

Level of maintenance -- someone who is high maintenance would generally not be considered wife material to me.

Independence -- I am a very independent person. I don't want to be with someone who wants to boss me around or be bossed around in every facet of life. I know people in these types of relationships and they are miserable. I don't want to be miserable. I understand when you get married there are sacrifices but there is a point where both people need some space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships