Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 12:26 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,802,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Or simply asking for compliments.
As long as it's not said out of compassion nor to make me feel better. I can take a critique over a fake compliment anytime.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,422,962 times
Wife material?
1. Hot and sexy but a virgin and somehow wild in bed with you.
2. From a super rich family with both parents passed away and left her with all the money and she does not want to sign any prenup with you.
3. Bisexual on the heterosexual side, she only loves you. Magically gets along with every woman you like. Totally open to bring other women into your life - as many as you want and she will support them all.
4. Loves kids as long as they are yours

Did I miss anything?

Old 03-12-2012, 12:29 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,079,316 times
I suspect someday you will find a guy that is marriage minded. As for myself I sure wouldn't be interested in you or anyone like you. I married a lady who likes to cook and sees nothing wrong with being a traditional wife. She likes to travel, but also is quite at home working in the back yard planting flowers. She has many girl friends she enjoys over a lunch, she is not an atheist, and she knows I would marry her again in a heart beat.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:35 PM

28,225 posts, read 36,644,591 times
Every man wants different stuff. Some people want a traditional housewife, some people want someone who is great in bed, some people want the perfect mom for their kids, or other people want the perfect partner for their adventures and travels.

Everyone wants the person that makes them happy, and they want to spend the rest of their lives with.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:39 PM

10,144 posts, read 20,674,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I've heard that phrase on different sites. What exactly is it that they're looking for. Do I possess some qualities or not?

Things I do/don't do and qualities I might have or don't have
1) I don't really have too many characteristics of a house-wife (I'm useless when it comes to recipes or decorating/organizing the house but might hire a maid in the future, plus I can't use detergent nor do any heavy cleaning due to my allergies)
2) Have no interest in ever having kids and will be turning 25 next month.. it's ok for me as I'm slowly waiting for all the eggs to die
3) I'm focusing on finishing Turism & Travel management major (I'm paying for my courses)
4) I have plans on traveling to historical places, not staying home all day
5) But even though I'm different and like stated will never bear a child, I want to get married one day (I just want a husband, not add someone else in the picture)
6) I hardly ever dye my nails nor put make-up on (sometimes I wear the same clothes)
7) I'm sort of a bookish person and sometimes lack a sense of humor
8) Regarding my past: only an ex and that's about it but I think it's because I need to go out often

Or will many men still look for the woman with some household characteristics as well as one with nurturing urges towards kids?

Thing is I'm very different and it's probably gonna take me a while to find him. It's like they still want a woman that's kinda traditional in some roles. I don't fit them. I think that's why my ex bf never saw me as potential wife and so strung me along.

People in my family are getting married one by one and sometimes it makes me kinda upset that I still haven't found him.... the one that will accept me like this.
If you want to be married someday, then you are marriage material. You just have to find someone you are compatible with and wants to be with you "as is".

Old 03-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Everyone wants the person that makes them happy, and they want to spend the rest of their lives with.
I'll get very drunk on my wedding day for sure but out of happiness/excitement. A bf is not the same as a husband.
Anyone can get into a relationship and walk away quickly. A marriage is more serious and in general has more meaning.

Last edited by Sunflower_lol; 03-12-2012 at 12:56 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 12:50 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,147,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I'll get very drunk on my wedding day for sure but out of happiness/excitement. A bf is not the same as a husband.
Anyone can get into a relationship and walk away quickly. A marriage is more sserious and in general has more meaning.
hahahahahahaha

And what a meaningful way to embark on it! What a prize! "It's not the lasagna that's making me puke, it's the beer! Honest!"

Old 03-12-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
hahahahahahaha

And what a meaningful way to embark on it! What a prize! "It's not the lasagna that's making me puke, it's the beer! Honest!"
So I can't get very excited once in my life??

Fortunately neither beers nor spirits make me puke.

At least I'm being honest on what I want and how I'll react when that day comes.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,888,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Some dream about their wedding but not necessarily GETTING MARRIED.

hahaha.........I never dreamed of my wedding or getting married but I did it anyway...........THREE TIMES...

Old 03-12-2012, 12:58 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,213,954 times
All right, I'm entitled to my opinion, so let the flame war begin!

- she's attractive in a feminine way (Jamie Lee Curtis cuts it in the body department, but not in the face department)
- she's not a feminist and she's not "earthy," per my definition
- she's educated, and very interested in knowing more about the world (likes to travel)
- she's got similar religious and political viewpoints (in the "ball park")
- she's childless, and prefers dogs/cats to kids
- she's got a great sense of humor, even a slightly off-color one, or if not, laughs at a dirty joke
- she's willing to go to work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships