Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 01:12 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
I have always said...sex and fried chicken. If women who stayed at home were more attantive to their men in these regards, then the men might not mind so much.

Men might not mind what?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:13 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
I would think that if a man wants to pursue his passions or interests outside of work, he needs to speak up.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:16 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Quote:
There are millions of things to do all day around your home to keep it running efficiently.
I'm only asking because I truly don't know, being childless and having worked full-time since college, but what are all these millions of things to do around the house?

We have a household of just 2 adults, plus 3 animals but I find I only need to run errands about once a week. Usually 1-2 hours on the weekend. Some weeks, I have no errands. The few little stops I may make during the week (like running to the library, the bank or Target) I do on my lunch breaks, take about 30 mins and not every week. I do a good cleaning of the entire house every Sunday, usually takes about 2-3 hours and just light tidying during the week (maybe 20-30 mins of dishes and taking out trash, putting clothes awat). I usually only have 1 load of laundry per week.

I'm just trying to better understand all those chores and duties some people have daily.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:21 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I sorry, what exactly constitutes acting like a man and how is it something that needs to be taught by a father?

Here ya go folks~ this is part of why we are in a morally lost society.
Men are fathers, not women. Men ARE, indeed, men...

Old 03-12-2012, 01:30 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Here ya go folks~ this is part of why we are in a morally lost society.
Men are fathers, not women. Men ARE, indeed, men...
Please go on, elaborate or just answer the question.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:37 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I'm only asking because I truly don't know, being childless and having worked full-time since college, but what are all these millions of things to do around the house?

We have a household of just 2 adults, plus 3 animals but I find I only need to run errands about once a week. Usually 1-2 hours on the weekend. Some weeks, I have no errands. The few little stops I may make during the week (like running to the library, the bank or Target) I do on my lunch breaks, take about 30 mins and not every week. I do a good cleaning of the entire house every Sunday, usually takes about 2-3 hours and just light tidying during the week (maybe 20-30 mins of dishes and taking out trash, putting clothes awat). I usually only have 1 load of laundry per week.

I'm just trying to better understand all those chores and duties some people have daily.
Exactly! I have challenged women (without children) with this before and it became a war in here. I am glad to hear it from a woman now. Some women make it seem as if house chores were a heart attack. Not all house chores are done in a daily basis. You can either do little by little every day or relax more days and then try to do them as they pile up, depends how people prefer to go.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:42 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Exactly! I have challenged women (without children) with this before and it became a war in here. I am glad to hear it from a woman now. Some women make it seem as if house chores were a heart attack. Not all house chores are done in a daily basis. You can either do little by little every day or relax more days and then try to do them as they pile up, depends how people prefer to go.
Well I'm not challenging anyone, I just want to understand all these chores they have to do. Granted the more kids you have the more chores. I do understand that. I was an only child so my parents didn't have as much to do and they both helped out. I see it being that way if I'm lucky to have one myself.

But I don't have laundry, errands or chores everyday. I don't even have the money to run errands or shop several times a week. I go to Target and food shop bi-weekly. We cleaned yesterday so there is nothing to clean today. Tomorrow probably only dishes.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:46 PM

2,756 posts, read 4,413,441 times
I am a woman. Total feminist. Haven't read this whole thread.

But I would love a Stay-At-Home-"Wife"!!

What does that mean to me, from watching my peers who have this amazing luxury item?

Someone who buys the food, cooks the dinners, remembers to pay the bills, cleans the house, helps raise the kids and has a flexible schedule to attend teacher conferences and kids activities, who reminds me to take care of myself and helps take care of me, helps me care for my aging parents, arranges some social activies when I am too tired to do more then take a nap, and helps me in decision making.

It used to make me sad when the interesting, intelligent, talented men who were my peers preferred to date women who were "less complicated"... meaning less educated, less career oriented, and more willing to accept the role of a "Stay-At-Home Wife". As someone who is exausted by the demands of a career and balancing life/family issues, I am starting to understand the appeal...

Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,190,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Some women do not want to do heavy work.

I will say this, if a person decides he or she wants to stay home, then the spouse who works should have a big say on what chores are expected to be done.

However, if one spouse, more than likely the husband, decides he wants his wife to stay home, I think she should have a big say.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:48 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Well I'm not challenging anyone, I just want to understand all these chores they have to do. Granted the more kids you have the more chores. I do understand that. I was an only child so my parents didn't have as much to do and they both helped out
We were more than 3 in my house and my parents delegated different house chores between me and my siblings and those would rotate every week or so, my parents would do other things. Can’t remember a single day when my house was dirty. Not sure if this kind of thing would work in the USA considering how even children can sue their parents if they are disciplined or something.

Quote:
But I don't have laundry, errands or chores everyday. I don't even have the money to run errands or shop several times a week. I go to Target and food shop bi-weekly. We cleaned yesterday so there is nothing to clean today. Tomorrow probably only dishes.
That’s how I do it too in the countries where I have lived and so far it has worked just fine. I know that any day of the week if someone calls me to drop by, I don’t run around like a chicken without its head because I know my place is clean all week long as I don’t let house chores pile up. If something needs to be picked up or cleaned up, I’ll do it. I don’t see why I would let it stay there until I felt like cleaning later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships