Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 09:54 AM

521 posts, read 1,628,986 times

Advertisements

How do you tell if a guy wants to have sex?? If he's breathing.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
hahahaha.........that's funny......I couldn't picture that argument....
You must've only dealt with fairly simple men. Not that there’s anything wrong with it - simple is good… for whoever can live with it.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:14 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Simple? yea, not so much. Manly is more like it......that's how I like my men.....I'm not too crazy about girly guys who pout and withhold sex.....not really a turn on IMO. So yea....I can totally live with that!

Old 07-31-2008, 10:19 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Simple? yea, not so much. Manly is more like it......that's how I like my men.....I'm not too crazy about girly guys who pout and withhold sex.....not really a turn on IMO. So yea....I can totally live with that!
Evidently you've no idea what I'm talking about and so much for the better for you! In any event, it has nothing to do with “girly.”

Old 07-31-2008, 10:24 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake73 View Post
He said I was cute, liked my hair and my outfit and my shoes and my eyes. I asked him and he said he wants to get to know me, but who knows. Thanks for your response.
Ah ha! So this man gave you a lot of physical compliments, yes? When he said he wants to get to know you, you had a reaction to that did you not? I think this guy knows what he's doing.

All guys want sex. Some guys only want sex and they can sometimes be distinguished from guys who want sex but are not adversarial to the possibility of a commitment by the way they approach you. If you have an in-depth conversation with a guy you meet that feels easy, fluent, natural and fun, that is a guy who is interested in you. If a guy is heaping compliments and dropping lines that seem formulaic or have even the slightest tinge of rehearsedness, that is a guy who wants to jump in and then immediately out of your pants. Dodgy eye-contact or overkilled, dominant eye-contact is a bad sign. Also, the best-dressed guy in the club with the most product in his hair and the most onerous cologne is not a good guy to find yourself attracted to.

Reading between the lines of what you have told us leads me to interepret "You're so cute and well dressed with pretty shoes and eyes; I want to get to know you better" as total bullsh*t. Guys who have made it into their thirties without pulling the matrimonial trigger get to be very proficient at reading women and have had a lot of experience with what approach works with which women. Be careful.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Evidently you've no idea what I'm talking about and so much for the better for you! In any event, it has nothing to do with “girly.”
Well alrighty then

Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
I think they invented marriage so if you are really afraid of this you can take half his paycheck as revenge.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 24,130 times
TO: Lola8822
Yes, I too am married - 3 kids. My "old flame and I" only have talked a few times in the past 6months and we talked about meeting just recently. No time frame has been set at all...we talk and then there is no communication. What is this part all about?

Old 07-31-2008, 02:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
people use the same words but by them mean very different things.
"get to know you"
so forth
its impossible to tell, same as guys. you don't know what goin on til you are around them some. that is why often some asians "date" in group settings. a safe place to find out first. many people wear masks. some are really good at it. pairing off isolates and leaves vulnerable for manipulation, men or women, not good.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:49 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,378,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giett View Post
TO: Lola8822
Yes, I too am married - 3 kids. My "old flame and I" only have talked a few times in the past 6months and we talked about meeting just recently. No time frame has been set at all...we talk and then there is no communication. What is this part all about?
If you are married, you need to be honest with yourself about WHY you want to get together (curiosity vs attraction vs dissatisfaction with your marriage).
Then you need to figure out the real reason he wants to get together. The "talk then no communication" is probably each of you trying to guess risk vs benefit.

I would be very careful. Remember the old saying: "with an old flame, where's there's smoke there's underwear" (sorry I had to make that one up).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships