Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 02:00 AM

1 posts, read 846 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone ,

I need Yalls opinion I'm pretty good at reading people but I wana see what anyone else has to say. About 3 months or so I briefly dated a coworker of mine and I never date coworkers however I took this job as a temporary situtation so I figure is give it a shot. The guy is younger is a hard worker and seemed really respectable and nice. One of his parents works with us and talked him up saying that he's a good kid and been hurt really bad in his past so have I so I figured we would have common ground. Needless to say we hit it off very well. His best friend works there as well and was talking to another female coworker I knew . Me n her became really good friends since I was talking to one guy qnd she was talking to the other. She was also good friends with who I was talking to as well but I didn't think anything of it and she asked me not to befriend her love interest and I respected her wish as I don't like him anyway and I'm not like that. Me and him decided to be bfgf my coworker date that is. And were talking non stop and went out on a date and it went really well etc etc well since work is crazy we had a very limited window to see eachother and so I made sure to carve out the time . He kept coming up with excuses not to meet me and my friend was saying how maybe he really didn't like me or was afraid because things were so good and he's not used to a woman like me who is nice lol . Well she showed me some messages and things from his best friend saying how he has a lot of texting buddies and girls as friends etc etc . I'm uncomfortable at this point and I let him know we needed to spend time together and he needed to stop flaking out on me so I could feel more reassured about things . And he ditches me again and for the last time . I dumped him and decided to invest my time elsewhere. I told him this and he became upset and offered to take me out after the fact and rightly so I declined . I started to see a childhood friend/ love interest from way back in the day . He popped up outta no where and I know for certain is an amazing guy and he expressed a strong desire to be with me . Not that I need to be with somebody but if ever I was gonna live the rest of my life with someone it would be this man so I jumped at the opportunity. A few weeks later my friend ( the girl) calls me up and confesses she's been seeing who I dated . I felt betrayed in a way because now I know there was more at play I didn't know about . I feel as though she was playing sides to get a bf because sitting there tearing him down infront of me and then turning around and dating him herself ?!?! Makes no sense unless she was schemeing and in the same token for him to date his best friends love interest ( which trashed thier friendship BTW) that she could be in love with one person and in love with his best friend the following week wtf ??? I completely cut off all communication with him ( because he still wanted to be friends) and I kept her at a distance . Me and the childhood love interest are doing great I mean best thing I think I've done considering and the guy from work messages me poking for reactions calling me beautiful etc testing the waters and I kinda let him have it . I told him exactly what I thought of him which was along the lines of ...look I'm happy I'm with someone who makes me a priority that's what I want you didn't give me the time or take me seriously when you should have then you get mad at me for making the right decision and dumping you that you go and date my friend and screw over your best friend?!?! You're not a good guy and if you are your actions don't speak that way . And obviously he tried to drag me down and say I was all over him and all this nonsense so I just stopped responding . My belief is he did what he did as a jealousy move to provoke a reaction and honestly it backfired because if I didn't know he was a scum bag I sure do now lol . He also said he did it on purpose and that was key word in jealousy manuver to me . In any case I'm not sure if I'm on the money or how to address what happened should it come up or it get mentioned by my friend who is dating him . I kept all the messages in case . I believe he doesn't care for her in that way or he Wudnt be bothering me or trying to provoke action . I feel bad on one hand but then again she choose to see him behind my back too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 02:12 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,261,881 times
when things like this happens,,, you see true colors, they had no respect for you at all- you found out quickly- even tho they did you wrong-take the high road- be ok with them, but thats it,,,not friendly..
you said your piece, no need to say anymore, just enjoy your new relationship
they sound good for each other,,a couple of squirrels

no one can do to you..what you dont allow

Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,396,566 times
No offense, but I'm not reading this. I don't do walls of text. Paragraph breaks are your FRIEND

Old 02-23-2013, 08:06 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,025,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
No offense, but I'm not reading this. I don't do walls of text. Paragraph breaks are your FRIEND
Ditto.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:36 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,894,643 times
Cliff notes? Anyway, don't get caught up in a bunch of drama. Move along, life's too short.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:53 AM

19,735 posts, read 20,289,108 times
Take the high road. You'll make everyone else feel like idiots they are. lol

Old 02-23-2013, 11:04 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,139,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Ditto.
double ditto

Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,943,105 times
Sounds like a happy ending for you. Don't worry about these people who aren't your friends any longer. Be happy with the good friends you have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships