Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 11:15 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
From the few posters in this thread that claim to be very ugly, I can see why you can't find a partner, and it has NOTHING to do with your physical appearance.
It's called being honest and realistic about your looks. I'm well aware most people would rather blow smoke up their own behinds then go there.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:18 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Another thought--I also think that, in addition to being unattractive, many of us have strikes against us because of the opportunities we missed when young. Regular people develop dating and relationship skills as teenagers as they begin to meet and date and fall in and out of love during the normal progression of that time. If you are left out of that part of socialization, it's hard to catch up later in life. Not impossible, but your path and experiences will be different from what everyone else had.

I agree with this, very good points (sorry cannot rep again).

Old 06-17-2012, 12:09 PM

13,626 posts, read 10,027,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
How does someone who is extremely ugly get a date if they are not rich? I consider myself to be very ugly, yet I still see people who are married with kids and some of them look like mutants. Whats their secret?
Just wait a minute, while I ask the man in the mirror.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:14 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Play the numbers and find a non-shallow person...

Old 06-17-2012, 12:27 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Play the numbers and find a non-shallow person...
This is the thing. And put yourself in situations where you can get to know people and they can get to know you in a low-key atmosphere before you make a move to ask them out.

After reading some of the posts here it occurred to me: my own brother fits this description. Not good-looking, always overweight, and he doesn't even have a good personality. And yet somehow he found a wife; average-looking or maybe high-average, great body, mellow personality. I don't know how he did it, except partying was involved in the first encounter, that's all I know, lol!. To this day I don't know what she sees in him. If he can find someone (he's really a bit of a jerk), anyone can. Anyone.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:53 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,982,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
NONE of those pictured are "ugly".
Well these pictures are just examples of people that don't have necessary have good looks, and most people would agree with it. Yet if is their fame that makes so attractive and even sexually desired by certain people.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:10 PM

474 posts, read 495,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
As long as you are not a short guy, you will get a date. If you are an average sized, broke, hideously deformed, mutated, woman beating, alcholic jerk who isn't short, you will get a date.
This is hundred percent true, anyway you are better off being not in demand for American women. Trust me, american women are super shallow, demanding, materialistic and even after all that, they cheat on their partners more than any other women in this world, so I would suggest you to go after Asian women in Asia(not the Americanized ones), they are less prone to being judgmental about your lack of height.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:49 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,090,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is the thing. And put yourself in situations where you can get to know people and they can get to know you in a low-key atmosphere before you make a move to ask them out.

After reading some of the posts here it occurred to me: my own brother fits this description. Not good-looking, always overweight, and he doesn't even have a good personality. And yet somehow he found a wife; average-looking or maybe high-average, great body, mellow personality. I don't know how he did it, except partying was involved in the first encounter, that's all I know, lol!. To this day I don't know what she sees in him. If he can find someone (he's really a bit of a jerk), anyone can. Anyone.
I find it hard to believe that an immediate family member of yours is an unpleasant person.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:20 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,960 times
I've seen plenty of "ugly" people dating and in successful romantic attachments. Maybe they couldn't date the most beautiful person in the building and maybe most people wouldn't find them attractive in the least, ever, but, once they assumed all of this (which is a part of growing up after all, so it tends to come naturally as you age), they had a dating pool of their own, like everybody else.

And yes, cliche as it may sound, attitude is key.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:38 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,513,094 times
The whole "personality counts" is just what people use to rationalize. If you're ugly and you can't get a date, then it's your attitude. Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships