Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:52 PM

117 posts, read 242,016 times

Advertisements

I believe that women are very complex creatures and they are all different so we can't generalize.

Me personally, I would give my woman my heart and do anything and everything in my power to make her life so happy. I guess I am an old fashioned, romantic kind of guy but I give myself fully to that one special woman. All she will need to know, is that no matter what, I am going to be walking through every step of the way with her; Not behind her, not in front of her, but together and I will support her in every decision she will want to make regardless

RedJohn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 09:54 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
I believe that women are very complex creatures and they are all different so we can't generalize.
This is true. But, to me, the difference between "wanting to be put on a pedestal" and a "gold-digger"/"control freak" is often a matter of semantics.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 03-18-2012 at 11:23 PM..

Old 03-18-2012, 10:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
No. I want someone whom I can share my life with. Someone who is a best friend. Someone who I share joys and pain with. Someone who I can laugh and smile with..

It's so hard to find someone like this when society's full of convoluted expectations that tends to box people up into cookie-cutter squares.

When anyone expects their partners to place them on a pedestal, they're not looking for a companion but someone they can control.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:11 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
No. I want someone whom I can share my life with. Someone who is a best friend. Someone who I share joys and pain with. Someone who I can laugh and smile with..

It's so hard to find someone like this when society's full of convoluted expectations that tends to box people up into cookie-cutter squares.

When anyone expects their partners to place them on a pedatol, they're not looking for a companion but someone they can control.
You're absolutely right. A man like that does not exist. You need a crocodile, Kat, ASAP.

Anyway, I have no problem with putting a woman on a pedestal, as long as I can lift her without getting a heart attack.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:20 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
and take care of her, or would they rather make their own mark in life?
Serious message:- A man your age must know by now that putting a woman on a pedestal is way different of a concept than taking care of her. One is about respect and the other is about being a white knight (which implies the woman is weak).

Old 03-18-2012, 10:34 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currency Pair Crocodile View Post
Serious message:- A man your age must know by now that putting a woman on a pedestal is way different of a concept than taking care of her. One is about respect and the other is about being a white knight (which implies the woman is weak).
I think you are misunderstanding me, or perhaps I phrased it wrong...Do women want their partners to ignore their flaws and see them as perfect? I would appreciate answers from women rather than men telling me what they think women want.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:45 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,076 times
Quote:
Do women want their partners to ignore their flaws and see them as perfect?
Yes.

Was this the initial question?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:05 PM

11 posts, read 51,216 times
You are generalizing and looking for a cookie cutter response. If you are in a relationship, the only person that can answer that for you, if she is honest with you and herself, is the woman you are with. Period. No two women are alike. Any man who makes generalizations about women is in for a lifetime filled with frustrations. To simply answer your question... Ask her. Good luck to you.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:07 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
I think you are misunderstanding me, or perhaps I phrased it wrong...Do women want their partners to ignore their flaws and see them as perfect? I would appreciate answers from women rather than men telling me what they think women want.
Yeah, that was definitely not the initial question.

I don't want a man to think I'm perfect. That would be setting me up for failure.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
I'm going to try one more time since you seem to be really confused about this...

No one is perfect.

Mature people accept that perfection in another person, or themselves, does not exist.

Therefore, what most people want (men AND women) in a their relationships is to be seen for who they are, and loved in spite of of their flaws.

This is not the same thing as seeing someone as "perfect".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships