Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 01:11 PM

639 posts, read 828,301 times

Advertisements

I once had this happen, I actually got mad but stayed with her for a while longer. She actually gave me a pretty good bruise on the arm lol. We slept apart that night and the next day she apologized. We ended up breaking up for other reasons down the road. (Don't mean playful hitting, more like domestic violence. Or throwing stuff seriously etc)

Old 03-19-2012, 01:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
I once had a guy hit himself in the face with my hand. Serious business. We got in a verbal disagreement, he grabbed my hand and said, You want to hit me don't you?, and before I knew it, he hit himself in the face with my hand. I thought, Man, what a nutjob. LOL I just walked away.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I once had a guy hit himself in the face with my hand. Serious business. We got in a verbal disagreement, he grabbed my hand and said, You want to hit me don't you?, and before I knew it, he hit himself in the face with my hand. I thought, Man, what a nutjob. LOL I just walked away.
wow,it takes all kinds

Old 03-19-2012, 01:19 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post

Old 03-19-2012, 01:19 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Default Never.

Had one who threw a plate, not at me and not expensive China either. But never got hit or hit a woman myself. Physical violence does not mean passion. It's not good.

Throwing cheap dinnerware and "making up" in different parts of the house, THATS passion.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:21 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
I once had this happen, I actually got mad but stayed with her for a while longer. She actually gave me a pretty good bruise on the arm lol. We slept apart that night and the next day she apologized. We ended up breaking up for other reasons down the road. (Don't mean playful hitting, more like domestic violence. Or throwing stuff seriously etc)
The standard advice that most would give if the roles were reversed would be for the woman to immediately break up with the guy. However, its still socially acceptable for women to hit men. One could argue that a man is usually stronger than a woman, and therefore this isn't a big deal.

However, if you raise one finger to block a hit *you* will be the one who could potentially go to jail for domestic violence. If its more than play hitting, or a hard hit then I would really consider breaking up with any future woman who hits you.

You may be able to defend yourself, but any future children you have will not.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Had one who threw a plate, not at me and not expensive China either. But never got hit or hit a woman myself. Physical violence does not mean passion. It's not good.

Throwing cheap dinnerware and "making up" in different parts of the house, THATS passion.
true, ya, I didn't even count those times lol

Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yeah. That. But with my hand in his.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:33 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post

What, like paper plates....lol

Old 03-19-2012, 01:37 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
nah, i don't usually associate with white trash.

i did have a BIG girl wearing camo bermuda-alls take a swing at me, in the 8th grade. I think she liked me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships