Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,750,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Do you remember that commerical where the guy is cutting grass & he's talking about how much debt he's in? He's smiling the whole time though it all.
Yes, I do! It was very funny! Sam Walton used to drive around in an old beat-up pick-up truck with his dogs riding shotgun with him. Sam could have bought and sold the suburb guy at least one hundred times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 08:09 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Yes, I do! It was very funny! Sam Walton used to drive around in an old beat-up pick-up truck with his dogs riding shotgun with him. Sam could have bought and sold the suburb guy at least one hundred times.

Like I said before if I won the lottery the only way you know I had is by the house I would bulid. Other then that you would never it.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:19 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
So? I feel good every month I don't have to make a new car payment.
I am jealous. Just got a new car because my paid off car needed a repair that exceeded its worth. So I decided to go for all of the bells and whistles that should keep me happy for the next 10-15 years. After I pay it off. :P

But I don't judge on the car. As long as you keep it clean it is all good. But I am excited to get into my car and use the touch screen.

I will fully admit: I am a gadget girl, I like nice purses and cheap clothes (and bargains). And I pay for it myself.

We all have certain things we are materialistic about, and certain things we don't care about at all.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Like I said before if I won the lottery the only way you know I had is by the house I would bulid. Other then that you would never it.
You could buy whatever you wanted within reason. Most lotto people get into trouble buying cars and houses for anyone they associated with since birth. They haven't seen them in twenty or thrity years but they are knocking on their door wanting their share and a handout. In less than a year or two, they are broke again. Keep your own money in a situation like that. No one else should be jealous you were very-very-very lucky and are enjoying it.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
I dated a guy in high school who drove a Yugo. Obviously - I could care less what kind of a car a guy drives! My father was a car fanatic and I'm lucky if I can remember what color a car is, much less the make and model!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am jealous. Just got a new car because my paid off car needed a repair that exceeded its worth. So I decided to go for all of the bells and whistles that should keep me happy for the next 10-15 years. After I pay it off. :P

But I don't judge on the car. As long as you keep it clean it is all good. But I am excited to get into my car and use the touch screen.

I will fully admit: I am a gadget girl, I like nice purses and cheap clothes (and bargains). And I pay for it myself.

We all have certain things we are materialistic about, and certain things we don't care about at all.
You made a wise choice. Serious repairs can exceed the total value. Unless you are in love with the thing, it's time to unload it. Women tend to be more apt to spend on fashion and trends. Some women would rather spend it on something more useful. In that regard, they are more like men. Some men, you can't say all. I myself would rather spend on something I'm going to have for life. My clothes aren't one of them. Each person is different. It's the people who try to do it ALL that get into trouble. (See also my 3K house, 3 car, fancy clothes guy) for that example.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

What kind of repairs were they? And did you do proper maintenance? How new is your current car? Why would you finance a car?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:32 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Quote:
You could buy whatever you wanted within reason. Most lotto people get into trouble buying cars and houses for anyone they associated with since birth. They haven't seen them in twenty or thrity years but they are knocking on their door wanting their share and a handout. In less than a year or two, they are broke again. Keep your own money in a situation like that. No one else should be jealous you were very-very-very lucky and are enjoying it.
Educated and people who have drive to make money do not play the lotto.

That is why most lotto winners who buy tickets are idiots. They buy lotto tickets they see no other ways to make money.

Ever celebrities and professional sports players go broke after earning millions.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Educated and people who have drive to make money do not play the lotto.

That is why most lotto winners who buy tickets are idiots. They buy lotto tickets they see no other ways to make money.

Ever celebrities and professional sports players go broke after earning millions.
I used to work with a guy that hit $5,000 twice in one summer. He was a lucky mug! I think I played once or twice. I have won some very pricy stuff off tip boards at work before. That's more like a raffle. As far as clothes go for me, I can totally see why a woman would be into it. I really enjoy looking at them too when they are. It's not for me though. I always look nice and clean but have NEVER spent two hundred bucks on a pair of "trendy" jeans and such. Levi's still work for me. I have the body to pull it off.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Many women do, so it's not at all uncommon.
What? Like 17 year olds?

No mature adult woman gives a crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships