Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 12:23 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I've know some good ole boys who drool over a big diesel trucks, but never known a woman to get all hot and bothered by it. Guess I'm sheltered.
I don't drool over them, but I have one (not lifted, mind you).

My wife does get hot and bothered with it though.. Especially she hears it coming in anticipation of that big, hard.......wood..................

pile of firewood in the back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 12:24 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,750,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_down View Post
Personally I think the super huge jacked up trucks (i.e. lifted F350) are kind of ridiculous. They take up so much space both on the road and in parking spots! You see a lot of that here in TX. To each their own though. I might be biased because I have parking anxiety lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
I've know some good ole boys who drool over a big diesel trucks, but never known a woman to get all hot and bothered by it. Guess I'm sheltered.
We should start another new thread. "What's the difference between a country girl and a city girl!" ETA...if you only use a taxi or bus or only own a moped...you're gonna be a virgin for life.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:24 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
The top one is a Indy car and NASCAR race car driver. The second is the daughter of a famous NHRA drag racer and hosts a weekly series on a "guy" network building and souping up cars and trucks.
What the hell does that have to do with getting chicks because of your car?

Lol...yahoo just had an article a day ago about how women don't care about your car...they would rather you put your money into thoughtful gestures.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:22 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
When we're looking for someone. I'm a decent looking guy not a heart throb but I do alright. I ask this because I drive a 00 Mazda which runs good but it needs a paint job. So it looks like I'm driving a beater I keep it because it's paid for & gets great gas mileage. I was getting checked out by a couple of women the other day, untill I walked up to my car & then they snubbed thier noses at me. Now I'm 44 & for the most part I don't care what people think of me like me or don't I don't care. I'm not there to impress others. I'm sure men do this as well so I'm in no way gender bashing here. Should one be driving said SUV or the latest in hybrid get people to notice you? Should you have to live in said side of town where all the popular people live? Etc, etc
Based on my experience many men are very sensible w/ their vehicles. I know men that make a lot of money & choose to drive older vehicles. They're smart- they don't want a car payment, & know how to maintain them. The second point is .. who cares who's judging you- if a woman is screening a guy out based on his vehicle, he should be glad she's not interested. It screams high maintenance.

One more thing...celebrities notoriously drive the "beaters" Someone I know who was an assistant for a major celeb routinely used his beat up 20 year old vehicle when they had to make a local run somewhere.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What the hell does that have to do with getting chicks because of your car?

Lol...yahoo just had an article a day ago about how women don't care about your car...they would rather you put your money into thoughtful gestures.
What does it have to do with your "car"? Around many lakes and rivers...that Civic isn't making it for your boat. Last, these comments are coming from city gals who may not even own their own transportation themselves. The country girls KNOW their cars and trucks. They had Dads, Brothers and Uncles to teach them.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
What does it have to do with your "car"? Around many lakes and rivers...that Civic isn't making it for your boat. Last, these comments are coming from city gals who may not even own their own transportation themselves. The country girls KNOW their cars and trucks. They had Dads, Brothers and Uncles to teach them.
Hell yeah! I love cars! When I was younger I raced people. Lol I was so bad. I had an 84 mustang. A Crx honda. Pontiac Gram Am. Then a crappy Hyuandi. Then a Pontiac Grand prix V6. Now a Ford SUV!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hell yeah! I love cars! When I was younger I raced people. Lol I was so bad. I had an 84 mustang. A Crx honda. Pontiac Gram Am. Then a crappy Hyuandi. Then a Pontiac Grand prix V6. Now a Ford SUV!
You paid attention to Dad and brother(s)?

Old 03-23-2012, 06:51 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
What's the button for the little round man slapping himself on the head?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships