Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times

Advertisements

More then likey not. I know that sounds selfish but I love being active & outside as much as possible. I was interested in one women a while back who had fibromyalgia I knew she liked me but I also knew it would be impossible for us to do some of the things I like doing. I believed there was no point in wasting each others time. That might sound lame but it's how I felt about it & still do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
so you already think it's going to go wrong then? more then you would if she didn't have those problems?
What? I never said that. You've twisted everything I said in this thread so far.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:57 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
To be honest, I'd definitely think twice about it, but it would depend on a lot of factors. If I really liked her as a person her disability might not even matter. This may sound shallow, but I'd probably find anxiety or something more easy to deal with than someone in a wheelchair. Not that I look down on people in cheelchairs (well in a literal sense, I do ) it's just it would be such a pain doing things.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:20 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
What? I never said that. You've twisted everything I said in this thread so far.

no I was asking.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:21 PM

A lot of men say they are 'outdoors man' and that's why they don't want disabled, but really just don't want disabled!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
A lot of men say they are 'outdoors man' and that's why they don't want disabled, but really just don't want disabled!
A lot of disabled people are outdoors people. Just to give an example, I know a woman who is in a wheelchair and mute, who's a professional skier. It's important not to assume that someone has an inactive lifestyle just because they are physically disabled in some way.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
A lot of disabled people are outdoors people. Just to give an example, I know a woman who is in a wheelchair and mute, who's a professional skier. It's important not to assume that someone has an inactive lifestyle just because they are physically disabled in some way.
OK. So if they can ski what is the males excuse why they still don't want disabled? Outdoors excuse is not going to fly anymore, apparently.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
no I was asking.
I don't assume it will go all wrong, but I would be more careful with someone who is mentally ill, especially if I sense they have been abused. As someone who has been abused, I know that it is common for survivors to have messed up boundaries and communication. I would expect them to be just as careful going into the relationship with me. In other words, I would give them a chance, but it would take longer for me to develop trust.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
OK. So if they can ski what is the males excuse why they still don't want disabled? Outdoors excuse is not going to fly anymore, apparently.
That's my point. I don't know if it's through misconception or intentional, but I am pointing out that being athletic and disabled are not mutually exclusive.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I don't assume it will go all wrong, but I would be more careful with someone who is mentally ill, especially if I sense they have been abused. As someone who has been abused, I know that it is common for survivors to have messed up boundaries and communication. I would expect them to be just as careful going into the relationship with me. In other words, I would give them a chance, but it would take longer for me to develop trust.
Okay I understand that makes sense. most of the males i ever came across calls it a 'headache' or 'red flags' if you're mentally ill or have any kinds of problems. they have all kinds of names for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships