Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:39 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,473,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
black women didnt find me attractive, but white women did.
I'm 22, and most (young ) black men will not date me, and I am not ugly by no means. Should I just forget dating any black men and date some other men?

I understand your logic and feel bad that you were rejected. But don't blame all black women for what a few did. We all have to run away from a few frogs when dating, but all in all, I'm glad you found your princess no matter her race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,066,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I'm 22, and most (young ) black men will not date me, and I am not ugly by no means. Should I just forget dating any black men and date some other men?

I understand your logic and feel bad that you were rejected. But don't blame all black women for what a few did. We all have to run away from a few frogs when dating, but all in all, I'm glad you found your princess no matter her race.
Keep in mind, i never said you should forget dating your race. I was just telling my experience. After being rejected enough times, my attraction to my race just went away. That is what happened to me and me only. I would never tell somebody not to date their race.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:51 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,473,185 times
Quote:
Keep in mind, i never said you should forget dating your race. I was just telling my experience. After being rejected enough times, my attraction to my race just went away. That is what happened to me and me only. I would never tell somebody not to date their race.
Ok. Just trying to clarify what you meant/your reasoning. In that case I don't see anything wrong with you like other posters were mentioning. There are race crazies out there and you are not one of them. Good luck and have a great morning.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,184,843 times
I don't condone someone comepletely "forgetting their race" but if a person throughout their young life was constantly getting rejected or shunned by the opposite sex of their race, what Do you expect them to do? Be alone forever?

They're going to find other options and if it's people of other races so be it. I have a friend like this

Old 06-21-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I don't condone someone comepletely "forgetting their race" but if a person throughout their young life was constantly getting rejected or shunned by the opposite sex of their race, what Do you expect them to do? Be alone forever?

They're going to find other options and if it's people of other races so be it. I have a friend like this
I've had this discussion in the past and they tell me I should be more open to more black women. basically they said I should approach black that I didnt find attractive. Which I think is stupid.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,270,302 times
I don't even remember dating someone of my own race. Prior to getting married I dated women of all races. In high school I was good friends with an African American guy and a Latino guy. (We are still friends today) We ended up on a tripple date one night with three girls all with differant nationalities. So here is the makeup of the dates. White guy with Black girl. Black guy with Korean girl. Latino guy with Latino girl. We were all friends in High school and for the most part had grown up together.

Maybe it is where I live with a mix of just about everything out there. I see beauty from all nations and love to embrace that. Well I did have to retire from the embracing lifestyle when I found my wife. Still you get the idea. My wife is Latino, Her family is from Mexico.

In my single days I dated American women of Mexican, South American, Asian, and African descent. I have dated one blond hair blue eyed girl before but she was Mexican.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:46 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,977,799 times
Quote:
I've had this discussion in the past and they tell me I should be more open to more black women. basically they said I should approach black that I didnt find attractive. Which I think is stupid.
I agree but don't agree. Actually I find this a little odd.

I've never been approached by white men, but I don't find them unattractive for not having done so.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:05 AM

27,425 posts, read 28,498,647 times
There are people of every race who won't date you because of your race.

There are people of every race who WILL date you in spite of your race. <--- Go for those!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:18 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,542,738 times
Quote:
Nighttrain, you are so hung up on race though! Black women this, white women that! Seriously, you need to stop. It's so embarrassing exposing your ignorance in this manner. Just think; I feel embarrassed on your behalf! That's how bad it is.

Just be with whomever you want to be with, but don't paint everyone with the same brush. It's ignorant.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
Nighttrain, you are so hung up on race though! Black women this, white women that! Seriously, you need to stop. It's so embarrassing exposing your ignorance in this manner. Just think; I feel embarrassed on your behalf! That's how bad it is.

Just be with whomever you want to be with, but don't paint everyone with the same brush. It's ignorant.

1. I'm allowed to give my opinion on these topics. This is a public forum.

2. Nothing I have said has been ignorant. I'm writing about my experiences with black women and how race affected my decisions. Just because I'm with somebody doesnt prevent me from giving my opinion on these topics.

3. Where did I paint everybody with a brush?

4. How am I hung up on race? This thread is about race.

5. I really dont care about your opinion of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships