Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:52 AM

639 posts, read 828,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Yes, I completely and totally agree.

X people are racist sounds better than X people don't want to date me because I'm not physically attractive to them.

I'm a black female living in the US, and these threads always seem to pop up about the desirability of black women (as they do with Asian men) and these threads are always a mess.

This conversation doesn't affect me, because I don't care how desirable the concept of black women is to some on the internet. In the end I have no problem whatsoever attracting men of all different backgrounds.
good point, lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 11:08 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
It is a simple question, I noticed some odd posts on here by fellow Desi but it applies to anyone, at what point do people need to ask more people out, try harder, put themselves out and about more, or improve their social skills instead of trumpeting race cards. Thanks yaw

said it before and say it again: one person cannot really say what has been a factor in another person's life regarding relationships. just b/c something wasn't a factor for YOU (not you in particular but in general) doesn't apply to everyone else.....p.s. I get tired of the term 'race card' it's played out.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:44 PM

331 posts, read 734,896 times
Under the term "Asian" why are people bunching Indian men and east Asian men (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Filipino etc.) together when it comes to dating?

They're very physically different and there's a LOT of women (of all ethnicities) who are open to Indian men who wouldn't go for east Asian guys. This is certainly true in Europe...

Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 AM

39 posts, read 92,974 times
Oh, I am dating a guy not from my race. It doesn't mean I am dating him because I cant get dates from my own( had a lot before ) but we have common likes, interests..

Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,397 times
I think that people who assume that their race is the only reason they don't get dates are being a little dense. But it's true that there are folks out there who have preferences for race, so it's not completely out there to think that some people might not be considering you since you fall outside their racial preference.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:12 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,111 times
I think if someones not getting dates almost any excuse with the vaguest fit will be thrown in the ring...

Old 06-18-2012, 06:55 AM

39 posts, read 92,974 times
well, I'm asian and his european..I don't find my race attractive in my eyes at all hehehe

Old 06-18-2012, 12:05 PM

507 posts, read 513,916 times
Not so much racial (because this is a social construct that can be changed to be fit an idea or logic) but culture/ethnic reasons. Yes these do come into when considering why one might not be chosen. The bigger picture though is about what that individual is attracted to. You may be too small/big, too tall/short, your skin may not be clear enough, you may not present yourself well, maybe its your attitude, or it could be the things that are said the person catches that can be a turn off before they even approach you.

On the other hand, for a lot of individuals in this country, as diverse and progressive as we try to make our society seems, race is a big factor for people who are not getting dates/husbands/wives. As for me this isn't the issue I just outright keep it real and say that the men around me who choose not to approach do so because they are not attracted to me. No more no less and vice versa

Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,198,037 times
Like any excuse it helps ease their pain

Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 PM

331 posts, read 734,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeL86 View Post
well, I'm asian and his european..I don't find my race attractive in my eyes at all hehehe
Why not, if you don't mind me asking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships