Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Afraid I wouldn't go THAT far! My baggage is cute as it is!
heheh yep, that it is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 08:57 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,811 times
Yeah I filter out divorced people. NOT because I have negative assumptions towards divorced women. I am simply a hopeless romantic, and I want to share that experience (marriage, wedding, etc.) with someone who hasn't done it before. I don't want her to be like "been-there-done-that". I want it to be special. Also I'm young so divorce isn't a huge factor in my age group anyway.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:58 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Thanks for the input everyone! I've never had any guy I dated in the past have an issue with it, but you never know. I really hate the thought that someone would assume bad things about me based only on one word. Although if they did they probably aren't the kind of person I would want anyway.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
hahaha, well seriously. you should see some of the baggage a lot of people I know already have and they're my age, yet they find a boyfriend/husband like its cake!! it blows my mind..I never thought I'd wonder how on earth I'm single, but now I'm really wondering. maybe getting knocked up out of wedlock is the key to finding a good man in this town..
After seeing female friends of mine have pregnancy scares/get knocked up at 17, 18, and 19 years of age (knew one or two that were below the age of 16, too) all I can say is PLEASE, PLEASE don't. For men in our age group, that is signing your own warrant to be single until you're ~30... you'd most likely be on your own. I have personal experience with this myself, as I was the product of one of those young out-of-wedlock pregnancies. It was pretty difficult for my mom.

Anyways, I'll just butt out now.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
After seeing female friends of mine have pregnancy scares/get knocked up at 17, 18, and 19 years of age (knew one or two that were below the age of 16, too) all I can say is PLEASE, PLEASE don't. For men in our age group, that is signing your own warrant to be single until you're ~30... you'd most likely be on your own. I have personal experience with this myself, as I was the product of one of those young out-of-wedlock pregnancies. It was pretty difficult for my mom.

Anyways, I'll just butt out now.
Lol, I'm really kidding. I would never get knocked up cause it might get me a man. no thanks. But I swear everyone I know that is crazy and knocked up by another man is getting married to a good man..not just some chump old dead beat! it blows my mind!!

Old 03-22-2012, 10:09 PM

527 posts, read 1,232,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Thanks for the input everyone! I've never had any guy I dated in the past have an issue with it, but you never know. I really hate the thought that someone would assume bad things about me based only on one word. Although if they did they probably aren't the kind of person I would want anyway.
Who cares what random people thinks? It's totally a case of mind over matter: if you don't mind, it doesn't matter! If someone cares about something trivial like that, he's probably not the one for you anyways

Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
I've read hundreds of dating profiles and from what I read divorce isn't an issue. Maybe it is for some but not the majority.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
dont feel bad about lying on eharmony everybody does it.
of course that is why i dont use it. i dont lie and stay away from those that do.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:10 PM

474 posts, read 495,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I just saw in another thread where someone said they move past profiles of women who are divorced. Is this true guys? Divorced ladies, do you feel over looked?

I HATE that match makes me write divorced on there. If I switch it to say never married, then that's lying. I'm single. I'm not married. Why do I have to be forever labeled now as divorced? I prefer telling people about my divorce after they get to know me a little bit. People make so many assumptions about divorce. I married my college sweetheart and was divorced by 26. I don't have any kids or even any communication with my ex. He was the one who decided he didn't feel like being married anymore, so it's not like I just changed my mind or flaked out.

I'm attractive, I have a good job, and honestly what happened sucked, but I'm not bitter or carrying around huge baggage. It's just something that happened to me in the past.

What does everyone think?
You know what, it's not your fault perhaps. I mean you are smart in not having a couple of kids and taking care of them and so on, I mean if you had a couple of kids and were a single mom trust me things would have been even worse for you.

That said, it's rather unfortunate that most men might prefer someone that never married over someone like you, but then based on what you told me you are as good as someone who's never been married before, in the sense that you weren't the one that cheated or flaked out of the relationship. Don't worry about it, trust me when I say that you would find someone that will understand you and get to know you as a person and not stigmatize you as a divorced woman and whatever negative traits they want to attribute to someone like that. It just might take time though, that's all.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:13 PM

474 posts, read 495,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
Yeah I filter out divorced people. NOT because I have negative assumptions towards divorced women. I am simply a hopeless romantic, and I want to share that experience (marriage, wedding, etc.) with someone who hasn't done it before. I don't want her to be like "been-there-done-that". I want it to be special. Also I'm young so divorce isn't a huge factor in my age group anyway.
You have a good and solid reason to say that and I totally agree with you on this one. Also, I have heard from women themselves that the first and only true love of any woman was the guy she married first, no matter even if he divorced her later and so on. You would always be second best even in the best case since the best would always be the one they married for the first time ever. It's for that reason that I wouldn't prefer a divorced woman myself, I don't want my wife to think I can only be second best to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships