Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:11 PM

15 posts, read 16,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Dude, if it bothers you that much, you should probably move on....

You're just going to freak out anyway next time she does it.

I see what you're saying. I don't and haven't freaked out so far. But that's because I know of maybe one occasion where she did. If I knew for sure it was only 3 or 4 times a year with friends, I would be okay with that. I mean hell, probably 30-40% of people who grew up in the 70/80's have experience with coke, and I would bet most of them are decent human beings living productive lives.

Pretty much everyone says to forget about it though. Probably the best advice in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I'd have no problem with the anti-depressants. However, coke is a major issue. First, it's illegal to possess and that has its own consequences; but there are also other reasons:

1. Coke use can cause a heart attack. It doesn't require long-term use;
2. Coke can cause a stroke;
3. Because it constricts blood vessels, it can also cause ulcers in the intestines and damage the kidneys;
4. It's expensive - and that can definitely have an impact on your relationship.
5. It is highly addictive - so "occasional" use is defined as what? once a week, once a day?

Then there's the issue of her accidentally leaving or deliberately hiding some in your car. Who's in possession now? What about children if you're looking at a long term relationship with her? Oh hell no. "crack babies" - makes me cry to see a baby born to a crack mother. They are in pain from the moment of their first breath. And high strung, inconsolable.

So take your chances if you have no plans for a real future, other than working to pay for her habit.

What if she only does it when she's with friends on special occasions? Never possesses.

Your last line got me. That's what my main issue is... In the future is this going to be something that eventually manifests itself.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:16 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
No! Cocanine could be why she on depressives! Its damaged her Brain cells aka chemistry!

BTW I Did Not read all 13 pges of responsives.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:22 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
be aware girls:

the males will reject you if they finds out you take mental health medications!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
be aware girls:

the males will reject you if they finds out you take mental health medications!!!

Not at all, I think the majority of people have said this is okay. I don't have an issue with her meds, but as the post before yours states, is she taking them because she use to be a frequent user in the past??

Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
be aware girls:

Seriously, and with absolutely no malice towards you: you need to get some help. Your unwillingness to see anything positive in anything a male does or says has got to weigh very heavy on you. Even if you don't recognize it or wish to deny it, it is so absolutely evident in almost everything you say.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Seriously, and with absolutely no malice towards you: you need to get some help. Your unwillingness to see anything positive in anything a male does or says has got to weigh very heavy on you. Even if you don't recognize it or wish to deny it, it is so absolutely evident in almost everything you say.

yea, it's totally believable to me that you meant no harm, only good with your comments here...last time I checked you were calling me a 'wacko.'

Anyways, again I am going off of rejections where guys have said they don't want women with psychological problems. These comments have been experienced by myself IRL as well. On a thread on here too guys said they wouldn't want to be bothered with these kinds of women b/c as you so kindly said 'wacko,' along with: 'head case,' 'crazy bit*' etc. in case you didn't know there's a stigma attached to folks in the mental health community and that carries over to the dating world regardless if we are seeking treatments or not. Hence, why I said women with these issues beware, guys will reject you based on it.

but what do I know I'm a 'wacko'.....

Old 04-05-2012, 04:55 PM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
Quote:
Anyways, again I am going off of rejections where guys have said they don't want women with psychological problems.
Would YOU want to be in a relationship with someone with psychological problems?

Old 04-05-2012, 04:56 PM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IJDGAF View Post
Not at all, I think the majority of people have said this is okay. I don't have an issue with her meds, but as the post before yours states, is she taking them because she use to be a frequent user in the past??

No. People usually take anti-depressants because of a pre-existing chemical imbalance in their brain.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985;23731830[B
]Would YOU want to be in a relationship with someone with psychological problems?[/b]

I would be a hypocrite if I said no and I tried to be with someone once like that. but he lived too far away. As long as the man was on medication and keeping abreast of it. No issues with it on my part. Men cannot say they would react the same though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships