Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 04:09 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

This really isn't a toughy.

That kind of behavior is either acceptable to you or it isn't.

If it is, continue to see her, if not... don't.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 04:14 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IJDGAF View Post
Girl is happy, with the occasional mild mood swings(don't we all get them) I have other friends on anti-depressants and understand they are sometimes a big help. Bigger question is she does cocaine every once in a while. This has always been a drug I would never take a chance on. She doesn't seem addicted but does occasional do it with friends. Overall she a nice good girl. Doesn't party that much. Has a good head on her shoulders. Is a girl like this trouble?
Didn't read the rest of the posts....but I've been there. Others may have a different opinion, but I do not think that occasional use of cocaine is that big of a deal (and for the record, I am drug free). The girl I was dating was on a particular antidepressant that is also used to treat hard-core cocaine addicts as it has the ability to diminish the "desire" to do coke. It also cuts the "feeling" of being on coke, so she would do twice as much as she would have needed to do if she wasn't on the antidepressant.

It wasn't that big of a deal, yet to be honest, I am not sure how often she was actually using. I was over at her place on a daily basis for the most part, and only knew of her holding maybe once every two or three weeks. I doubt she was blowing lines everyday, but I suspect she did it more often than I was aware of.

The thing with coke is that its effects wear off rather quickly, 10 or 15 minutes or so. That causes coke heads to have some very predictable behavior (going to the bathroom excessively, wiping, sniffing, or playing with their nose, for example). I've worked with a few coke heads, and knew a few in my circle of friends, so they are fairly easy to spot.

To be honest, I was only really concerned on those days when she forgot to take her medication. Being around someone who takes antidepressants when they are off their medication is no picnic.

Make your own choices, but if she is only uses occasionally, isn't hiding it from you, and is generally a good person with a smart head on her shoulders I wouldn't worry about.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:15 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
In fact I found a website that says that some people would sell their children just to get coke. Are you willing to sell your kids that you have with her?
Sounds like a new thread title...

Would you buy a kid from a crack head ? There were times I'd pay you to take mine.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:18 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sounds like a new thread title...

Would you buy a kid from a crack head ? There were times I'd pay you to take mine.
It's called babysitting. No thanks!

Old 03-23-2012, 04:19 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,508,595 times
Quote:
Girl is happy, with the occasional mild mood swings(don't we all get them) I have other friends on anti-depressants and understand they are sometimes a big help. Bigger question is she does cocaine every once in a while. This has always been a drug I would never take a chance on. She doesn't seem addicted but does occasional do it with friends. Overall she a nice good girl. Doesn't party that much. Has a good head on her shoulders. Is a girl like this trouble?
Anti-Depressants = Yes
Cocaine = No

Old 03-23-2012, 04:22 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
You might want to Google the effects of coke and antidepressants - not a good combo.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:25 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,120,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Also, she ever does that while with you somewhere, has it on her person, you could be charged with holding if she were so inclined to lie. So basically, why would you dummy down yourself to date someone who cannot keep it together without various forms of drugs?

I doubt very seriously she is "together."
Good point. I was going to bring that up.

And she may be lying about how often she uses cocaine just to ease your worries. But I would stay away from anybody who does drugs. An acquaintance told me that she had some drugs on her while in a friend's car, and when he got pulled over for speeding, she dropped the drugs in his car and claimed they didn't belong to her. The 'friend' of hers ended up spending time in jail. People are shady.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:25 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I'd be more concerned about the combination of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
You might want to Google the effects of coke and antidepressants - not a good combo.
Yeap, that would be a combination to screw up a few brain cells. Throw in a little Crystal Meth and you have a Trifecta

Old 03-23-2012, 04:31 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
YES!

And no way, no how, never would I ever even consider dating anyone who used cocaine period-even recreationally.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:32 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzro View Post
The thing is that cocaine is hardly ever a "do it every once in a while" type of drug. Most people can handle that kind of schedule with pot or alcohol, but with hard stuff like coke or heroin, it doesn't work like that. Take a survey of people addicted to cocaine and see how many of them started off "just on the weekends" with no intention of branching out further, and see how that worked out for them. Good luck with all that!
j
Not really. I haven't been on this particular Forum for a while, but if you are familiar with my posts, you should know that I am not as "vanilla" as the typical poster in this Forum. For what it's worth, I have had a good deal of exposer to drugs. Granted, no one starts out saying they want to be an addict (but plenty do start out saying I want to feel this way), but there are plenty of pot heads who smoke dope all day long, every day who are some of the crankiest people you will ever meet until they finally toke up (and if pot wasn't addicting, then why do some people make phone calls at 4 am or drive all over town looking for a bag of weed? If it wasn't addicting, then why not just patiently wait until the next day? Or week?). There are also tons of people who drink alcohol, even only on occasion, who are addicted to alcohol yet do not know it (or believe it).

While no one wants to be an addict, everyone has a choice to do what-ever particular drug for the second, third, fourth time, etc. I know people who really only did heroin or coke on occasion without developing any habit. I'm not saying anything about that other then it is what it is. Some people just take to liking some drugs over others. There is a lot more that goes into the development of a drug habit other than simply doing that drug.

So yes, a person can do coke on occasion without developing a habit. If you want to do a survey, than survey all the adults you know, at work, etc. about their college years. I'm sure you will find more than one adult who "experimented" with hard drugs in college who never developed a habit.

I am saying that drugs are good, or even okay. I personally like to keep my mind intact and abstain from everything except beer. I just don't share in the opinion that occasional use of drugs turns into full blown addiction with everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships