Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:14 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times

Advertisements

FWB is like tuna salad at picnic in the summer time. When it's fresh it seems like a good idea, the only thing is, there's just no telling when it will go bad, and believe me, it can!

It starts out with neither of us presumably want a relationship. Then some incredible sex enters the picture leaving one or both parties exuberant, aroused, confused. Then having a relationship with the person that just gave you that amazing orgasm starts to look good..

So yes, it really is all that bad, because honesty in relationships is definitely going through a decline nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 02:19 PM

244 posts, read 707,372 times
Well after a lot of responses my friend and I decided to end our relationship with each other because of the above situations. It was alright for the time being, but it saved us from one of us being hurt kind of. I might try one night stands probably, but a relationship is out of the question, I just don't have the interest in them.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:25 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
I'll also add this. Sometimes people want a FWB over a relationship because they just got out of a bad relationship. If you were with someone for several years, the last thing you need to do is jump back into another relationship. Especially when you were the one who was hurt and dumped. While you are healing, why should you be denied one of life's finest pleasures if the other person is ok with the arrangement?

Old 03-27-2012, 02:30 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
Well after a lot of responses my friend and I decided to end our relationship with each other because of the above situations. It was alright for the time being, but it saved us from one of us being hurt kind of. I might try one night stands probably, but a relationship is out of the question, I just don't have the interest in them.

Why not try hookers? Then you can pay for what you want and really not have to worry about doing much more!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:34 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,782 times
What about just FB's NOT FWB.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:43 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
I'm so happy for you! And it sounds as though you learned a lot from your experience.."
I've pretty much made all the mistakes. My hope is that my posts will prevent people from having to learn the hard way like I did. Of course, I'm still learning, but I think I know more now at age 41 than I did in my 20s or 30s...I started waking up at 35. It was a rude awakening that I hope others will not have to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernaut112 View Post
There are many reasons why, but essentially, it's just pretty crappy to unceremoniously dump a sex partner — someone with whom you're sharing the most intimate part of yourself — to date another person seriously. I can only imagine some of the inadvertent realizations the abandoned FWB might come to: "Oh ... so I was never good enough for a relationship after all."
Yes, this is true. Casual sex (there really is no such thing!) affects people emotionally, whether they admit it or not. There was minimal drama when I broke off from my FWB. However, there was still some hurt. He liked the status quo and I didn't.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
What about just FB's NOT FWB.
Same problem. It does emotional damage. Too many people are walking around emotionally damaged from all the random sex they've had and they don't even realize it. I was one of them until I started waking up. Now I am able to see the damage I did and the damage that was done to me. It doesn't heal overnight, but it does heal over time if you discontinue that kind of behavior and if you do some inner work.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
How very dysfunctional of you!.
I think you're kidding, but, yes, my FWB relationship was dysfunctional of me, I will agree with that.

Quote:
I do think that few people can deal well and healthily with a FWB scenario, but it is a choice that some make and conduct very successfully and happily..
I agree that most people can't hanlde FWB relationships. The people who most think they are the exception are probably the ones who will handle it the most poorly.

Quote:
Of course, I have also noticed that few people are able to handle traditional relationships well, either!.
This is true. It speaks to humanity's low level of emotional intelligence, collectively speaking.

Quote:
Various types of relationships are suitable for different people and/or at different times in your life. I really don't think there is any one model for relationships that is "better" or superior - I just think that some types are better suited for some people. Humans are diverse, and so are their relationships.
Sorry, I disagree here. I don't think emotionally healthy people enter FWB relationships in the first place. There are probably a few exceptions, but not that many.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:57 PM

244 posts, read 707,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Why not try hookers? Then you can pay for what you want and really not have to worry about doing much more!
lol I don't want to pay for sex XD. Not much fun

Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
lol I don't want to pay for sex XD. Not much fun

Well you went from FWB to one night stands -- so may as well spring the cash for just the sex then you won't have to worry about anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships