Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 09:17 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,701,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I'm seeing a pattern with her of late when it comes to these types of post. She doesn't seem to be a fan of men in general for some reason or another.

some reason or another...anyway what is your point? The thread is about FWB and again, not everyone is going to agree with you on the premise of it. So that's just too bad....I notice many people that like to engage in this style of relationship have to run around trying to convince everyone it's not 'bad,' well OK if that's how you feel & are satisfied with it, where does the need to convince everyone else come from? Just be happy with it, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 09:18 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,010,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
Especially if neither of us are interested in a relationship? We are both single, she hasn't dated in two years and neither I have. I know a FWB relationship gets a lot of criticism from some people, "due to it being strictly sexual". Sex is a good thing, and can be healthy for people under the right protection. This is the first time we are only having a Friends with Benefits relationship. Is it really all that bad? We both are on pretty good terms, good friends to an extent.

It worked quite well for me for about 5 years. If it right for you then do what you do and don't worry with what others think about the situation. Eventually you will either stay together because the relationship develops into something more or you will both find someone else you want to be with in a relationship and you can part ways sexually on friendly terms and move on with your lives in whatever direction you choose to go.

Good luck and I wish you both well and hope you find what you seek in your lives with or without each other.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:21 AM

18,837 posts, read 37,229,870 times
It can work, but why don't you want to date and have a relationship with this woman? She is good enough to sleep with but? That is an issue right there.

I had this type of relationship, when we both knew it was time limited, that works. But we maintained it like friends,I was not a "booty call". Nor was he...

Old 03-25-2012, 09:21 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,613,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's up to the person. I only seen where it ends badly. Personally I wouldn't engage in that type of relationship. IMO it's yet another way for males to get 'easy' sex without actually having to put much effort out. No thanks.
Vic, this was her first post on the topic, on page 1 of this thread.

Her dehumanizing terminology tells us much about her attitude toward the gender, which is confirmed in post after post she has contributed to this site.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Vic, this was her first post on the topic, on page 1 of this thread.

Her dehumanizing terminology tells us much about her attitude toward the gender, which is confirmed in post after post she has contributed to this site.

I just read a thread a few seconds ago in this section where the OP used the term 'males' and here's one where the OP used the term 'girls' assuming he/she is talking about women....so the armchair psychology degree you claim to have is invalid.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ried-guys.html

Old 03-25-2012, 09:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,474,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Why do you call them "males" and not boys or men? Do you have trouble seeing men as flesh and blood humans with thoughts, feelings and complex needs? Or are you just afraid of them? Do you have a father, brother, or a close friend who is a man?
But why is everyone jumping on her? Check out post #37 where it's a guy saying women use sex to control. And yes there are men who just want the bootie call, but there are also women who do.

FWB isn't for everyone -- for many who want a real relationship with an emotional connection, love, committment, a FWB would be a waste of time. FWB is only good for those looking to get an itch scratched, a sex urge filled but with no money exchanged. It's a sex service provided and taken, nothing more.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But why is everyone jumping on her? Check out post #37 where it's a guy saying women use sex to control. And yes there are men who just want the bootie call, but there are also women who do.

FWB isn't for everyone -- for many who want a real relationship with an emotional connection, love, committment, a FWB would be a waste of time. FWB is only good for those looking to get an itch scratched, a sex urge filled but with no money exchanged. It's a sex service provided and taken, nothing more.

They're not really, they just don't like my opinions on the males/MEN. LOL...... And I agree with what you said it seem like there's no long term point to FWB. I seen it where it always end with some woman getting screwed over (no pun intended) so why would I volunteer to go into a situation like that? I also think it has zero benefit for the woman involved in the long run.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
I do know what I am talking about. You don't put out and because other girls do, that decreases your chance of finding a man by a long shot.
I think you've kind of nailed it. A woman can keep the guys coming around and even get in some after-sex cuddling if she puts out. Otherwise she's useless.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think you've kind of nailed it. A woman can keep the guys coming around and even get in some after-sex cuddling if she puts out. Otherwise she's useless.
Which is what I been saying all along on here. It's true, the more willing you are to 'put out' the more attention you will get from them in general, otherwise you're basically no use to them.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
They're not really, they just don't like my opinions on the males/MEN. LOL...... And I agree with what you said it seem like there's no long term point to FWB. I seen it where it always end with some woman getting screwed over (no pun intended) so why would I volunteer to go into a situation like that? I also think it has zero benefit for the woman involved in the long run.
Except there really are women who also want sex without any love or committment. It's not just slam bam thank ya mam, there is also the slam bam thank ya sir.

I think it works best for older women who no longer want love and romance because they've been there done that and it doesn't work out for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships