Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Except there really are women who also want sex without any love or committment. It's not just slam bam thank ya mam, there is also the slam bam thank ya sir.

I think it works best for older women who no longer want love and romance because they've been there done that and it doesn't work out for them.
Well from what I seen is women who go into with that mindset, trying to handle it 'like a man' and then they end up trying to take it to the next level based on some false premise if they just put a lot of effort in his feelings 'will change' or they get dumped for another woman -- feelings get hurt (where there wasn't supposed to be any in the first place) & the whole situation turns into a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 AM

244 posts, read 707,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
It can work, but why don't you want to date and have a relationship with this woman? She is good enough to sleep with but? That is an issue right there.

I had this type of relationship, when we both knew it was time limited, that works. But we maintained it like friends,I was not a "booty call". Nor was he...
We don't really connect well, don't get me wrong. She is a nice person, but our interests and personal lifestyles are different, we have nothing in common with one another aside from being friends pretty much.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:05 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Vic, this was her first post on the topic, on page 1 of this thread.

Her dehumanizing terminology tells us much about her attitude toward the gender, which is confirmed in post after post she has contributed to this site.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

Apparently I'm not the only one who uses the term 'males' on here -- You should probably read the last few pages before jumping on a bandwagon, but whatever.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:26 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
I make assessments about anyone who uses the terms "male" and "female" in place of man/boy woman/girl. For instance, when a poster refers to himself often as "a male" (noun not adjective) I assume he has trouble thinking of himself as a grown up man and is uncomfortable with the implications of maturity and responsibility that being a "man" connotes. Typically the rest of the poster's content backs up this assumption.

I also make assumptions about a woman with a gender-stereotypic posting history who uses the "male" as a noun, as you see. And I was not far off, because you (Doll Eyes) did admit to being afraid of men, as I had guessed.

You may not agree and I am fine with that. But in my experience as a communications professional, people give themselves away with word choice all the time.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:27 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Apparently I'm not the only one who uses the term 'males' on here -- You should probably read the last few pages before jumping on a bandwagon, but whatever.

I've read many of your posts where you mention males in a negative manner not just this one.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I make assessments about anyone who uses the terms "male" and "female" in place of man/boy woman/girl. For instance, when a poster refers to himself often as "a male" (noun not adjective) I assume he has trouble thinking of himself as a grown up man and is uncomfortable with the implications of maturity and responsibility that being a "man" connotes. Typically the rest of the poster's content backs up this assumption.

I also make assumptions about a woman with a gender-stereotypic posting history who uses the "male" as a noun, as you see. And I was not far off, because you (Doll Eyes) did admit to being afraid of men, as I had guessed.

You may not agree and I am fine with that. But in my experience as a communications professional, people give themselves away with word choice all the time.

I was being sarcastic when answering your questions....Anyways, like I said, I have no idea what your 'point' is and couldn't care less if you agree or disagree with my opinions on 'MALES' or use of the term 'MALES.' You have no basis, especially when it's been pointed out several times where others have used the same term on here. LOL. Also, you're not the only one who has studied communications. Doesn't mean we should go around analyzing people across the Internet -- but who cares? You can do what you want, it's no more or less valid then the next person & I will leave it at that.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I've read many of your posts where you mention males in a negative manner not just this one.

Okay -- again, what is your point?? To get me to stop using the term 'MALES?' You may as well chalk that up to a loss, you can't control anything going on over here. So I suggest you move on, already.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:20 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Back to the topic--"is a friends with benefits relationship all that bad?". No, but I have not found them to be all that good either. At some point, what is this relationship really? Just sex? Things become complicated...then, maybe you have lost a friend.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:23 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's up to the person. I only seen where it ends badly. Personally I wouldn't engage in that type of relationship. IMO it's yet another way for males to get 'easy' sex without actually having to put much effort out. No thanks.
Quote:
Vic, this was her first post on the topic, on page 1 of this thread.

Her dehumanizing terminology tells us much about her attitude toward the gender, which is confirmed in post after post she has contributed to this site.
I happen to agree with her post. I do think it's more for the benefit of the man/boy than for the woman/girl. Since the beginning of time, women/girls have had a lot more to lose by engaging in sexual relations with a man/boy who isn't in some way committed to her. And I'm not only talking about pregnancy; her risk of getting an STD is greater. Though contraception helps protect her in our modern world, evolution is quite a bit slower than technology. Just something to keep in mind.

I also agree with her use of the word "males". Look at how much more typing I had to do to avoid saying "male" and "female"! You'd prolly rather her say it than I, because I would've put "men" in quotation marks, implying that I thought of them all as little boys. I'm sure that if she's a sexist, I'll find that out soon enough, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships