Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 11:37 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times

Advertisements

I had an FWB relationship once, with a guy who was awesome in bed, and he was a lot of fun, but our backgrounds were too different, it was not going to be a relationship for me. He however, thought he won a lottery, and was completely vested in our "relationship". I cut it off, because it was cruel to let him think one thing, when I knew it was completely different.

I have a relationship now, that is sort of "FWB", but more...but again, I have made it clear, that my career is my focus of my life, not settling down...interesting, my guy thinks moving is not a bad option...the guy has lived in the same house for forty years!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 11:56 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,750,855 times
Guys...don't get roped up into letting them use you for a FWB. Usually that means dropping coin on them too. It ain't free, it never is. They'll throw you out on your ass when they are done with you. Leave them in the dust first. *Says the "played" until he can't be played ANYMORE man*

Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,711,653 times
My FWBs and I always go dutch. I am spending Easter week at the beach with my friend whom I have known for almost 30 years. I am paying for the rental, he is picking up all the food and booze.

Because we are grownups and because we are friends, no one gets taken advantage of and everyone has an excellent time, whether we are hanging out watching a game, enjoying a great meal or bottle of wine, laughing our asses off, or being intimate.

How hard it is to grasp the concept that FWBs can meet everybody's needs quite happily, if you are in fact, good, honest, ethical TRUE friends? Don't y'all have any of those?

Old 03-25-2012, 12:22 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,750,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
FWB is the antithesis and the exact opposite of true romantic love, IMO

I have personally never been in a FWB, and never will be, ever...if only b/c I need, at an emotional level, the full 100% "love" component...
It's also nice to know some other dudes sausage wasn't in there the night before. No thank you!! FWB gives free room to "roam". I could never imagine porkin' my friend either. That's just gross. Maybe because I don't have any female friends IRL. If you want a BF or a husband, I'm down for that. It sure is nice knowing you aren't EVER considered one of the chicks. They stay away from you that way. What does a REAL man and a woman have in common to be friends about really anyway? Jack s***!!

Old 03-25-2012, 12:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I happen to agree with her post. I do think it's more for the benefit of the man/boy than for the woman/girl. Since the beginning of time, women/girls have had a lot more to lose by engaging in sexual relations with a man/boy who isn't in some way committed to her. And I'm not only talking about pregnancy; her risk of getting an STD is greater. Though contraception helps protect her in our modern world, evolution is quite a bit slower than technology. Just something to keep in mind.

I also agree with her use of the word "males". Look at how much more typing I had to do to avoid saying "male" and "female"! You'd prolly rather her say it than I, because I would've put "men" in quotation marks, implying that I thought of them all as little boys. I'm sure that if she's a sexist, I'll find that out soon enough, though.
Males, men, boys, girls etc. It's not a big deal & has been said on here numerous times by numerous posters w/o any mention of it. they were just trying to kick up dust over nothing....

I agree with the part you bolded, I just feel there's more to lose in these types of situations for the woman then the men. It seems like in the long run it's not beneficial to the women.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:42 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
...anyway what is your point?

I'm sorry you can't see your mistrust towards men in general. I've read your past post & you have some issues with them for one reason or another. Either you can or won't see it or you just won't admit you have issues with us. Everyone has been hurt but you go out of your way of late to point those issues out. You seem to have a HUGE chip on your shoulder when it comes to men. THAT"S my point. While I agree with most of what you say at times you, can't let go of this thing you have about guys. You seemt o be an intellegent women but Whatever it is that is bothering you need to work it out. Then again we all at one time or another have become our own worst enemy.

Last edited by reed067; 03-25-2012 at 12:53 PM..

Old 03-25-2012, 12:56 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,422,191 times
I don't like sharing.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:00 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I don't like sharing.

I went thought a phase when I was younger where I did. As I got older I saw that I never did cae about those that I did share & they didn't care about me either. The women I'm with now is the first person who just the thought of her being someone else makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,727,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I'm sorry you can't see your mistrust towards men in general. I've read your past post & you have some issues with them for one reason or another. Either you can or won't see it or you just won't admit you have issues with us. Everyone has been hurt but you go out of your way of late to point those issues out. You seem to have a HUGE chip on your shoulder when it comes to men. THAT"S my point. While I agree with most of what you say at times you, can't let go of this thing you have about guys. You seemt o be an intellegent women but Whatever it is that is bothering you need to work it out. Then again we all at one time or another have become our own worst enemy.
Any issues I have or don't have regarding males is beside the point of this particular thread...I made an original post about my thoughts on FWB and also said it benefits the men and not the women far as I could tell, so I wouldn't want to be in that situation. Several other people have said the same exact thing....you and that other one start going into this debate over the usage of the term 'male.' IMO the whole thing is a problem to you all b/c you want women to blindly not think about their actions. So, it throws a monkey wrench in the situation when some women aren't doing that. I notice anytime someone says something that might be 'against' (for lack of a better word), men getting sex freebies -- it's an issue. . Some of the MALES might be able to convince some of the women that they are valued in a FWB scenerio but LOL, not all of us are going to fall for that mess.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:06 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Any issues I have or don't have regarding males is beside the point of this particular thread...I made an original post about my thoughts on FWB and also said it benefits the men and not the women far as I could tell, so I wouldn't want to be in that situation. Several other people have said the same exact thing....you and that other one start going into this debate over the usage of the term 'male.' IMO the whole thing is a problem to you all b/c you want women to blindly not think about their actions. So, it throws a monkey wrench in the situation when some women aren't doing that. I notice anytime someone says something that might be 'against' (for lack of a better word), men getting sex freebies -- it's an issue. . Some of the MALES might be able to convince some of the women that they are valued in a FWB scenerio but LOL, not all of us are going to fall for that mess.
Your experience with men seems to be they are all users and women are just something there to be used by them. As an adult you are responsible for you own actions not a man. Even if it was only women dating women, you would find even more drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships