Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:53 AM

550 posts, read 1,214,512 times

Advertisements

As some of you have understood by most posts before this I'm sort of a beta-manlet...

...and as such women my own age (I'm twenty) won't look at me twice, but women 30+ for example my older sisters friends, will make suggesting comments such as "If I was a decade younger you'd be in trouble" or "if I wasn't married~" . Some insist on hugs when we meet although I barely know them, and added with some alcohol some will take liberties like rubbing my abs or pinch my muscles at various places... the difference is like day and night and I have no idea why.

I don't mind attention from older women, it's still attention and I see it as a nice compliment, however I find it intresting that the difference between someone in her 30~s and someone in their twenties is so completely different...

Are older women just less picky or does taste change with age?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 11:33 AM

677 posts, read 1,620,014 times
Lol, the same thing happens with me (same age as you), except I'm female and older guys seem to love making those comments. I think it's good that you at least enjoy the compliments - they always make me super uncomfortable

I think part of it is that women our age seem to expect guys to make the first move, so they'd rather not say anything for fear of being rejected. The older women probably don't really care, especially if they're married or clearly 'too old' for you, they probably enjoy what they see as harmless flirting.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:49 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
You're looked at as a piece of meat, not a potential mate. That's pretty simple.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,398,188 times
I get the hugs and a few of the "you'd be in trouble if I was single" comments mostly from married women in their 30s too (and I'm 32 myself).

As mchelle pointed out, younger women are definitely more reserved about putting themselves out there, they want you to approach them. Older women figure they're only going to live once so they may as well go for what they want.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:14 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Older women are not less picky, just more sure of what they like...and what they want! A lot of men (regardless of their age) tend to see that as a very good thing.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:17 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post

It's probably pity.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:23 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguy89 View Post
As some of you have understood by most posts before this I'm sort of a beta-manlet...

...and as such women my own age (I'm twenty) won't look at me twice, but women 30+ for example my older sisters friends, will make suggesting comments such as "If I was a decade younger you'd be in trouble" or "if I wasn't married~" . Some insist on hugs when we meet although I barely know them, and added with some alcohol some will take liberties like rubbing my abs or pinch my muscles at various places... the difference is like day and night and I have no idea why.

I don't mind attention from older women, it's still attention and I see it as a nice compliment, however I find it intresting that the difference between someone in her 30~s and someone in their twenties is so completely different...

That's been the story of my life, older women have always liked me, younger or my age didn't seem to show the same interest.

IDK what it is/was.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:32 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,447,714 times
Perhaps it's because they won't have to follow through with their suggestions because they ARE 10 years older and not single that they make those comments.

You're just eye candy, girls your age aren't necessarily looking for eye candy but relationships.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:33 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Older women are not less picky, just more sure of what they like...and what they want! A lot of men (regardless of their age) tend to see that as a very good thing.
I agree!

Old 05-31-2010, 02:36 PM

213 posts, read 416,583 times
Older women are more confident, been around the block, and don't really care what others think as much as younger women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships