Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 03:26 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj31young View Post
No.. I love myself which is why I am not attracted to a MAN of my own backround. I am social to anyone who is to me but attraction is something different.

Uhhhh....okay.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:28 PM

76 posts, read 223,700 times
I believe that there is only one race on this planet. It’s called Humanity. So I DO mean ethnicity (not a skin color but culture) First of all. Second, from years of dating inside and out of my own culture, I've come to appreciate my relationships with men outside more. Hope that explains it. This is a real thread and I am a REAL person so please no disrespect.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:28 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
I am not trying to create a controversial post but I've enjoyed my interactions with men from other ethnic background a lot more than my own. Now I think I am not attracted to my own. I almost feel disgusted around men of my own ethnicity. Is that crazy or what?

It should not matter to anyone but you so who cares what others think.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:30 PM

620 posts, read 1,299,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
What RACE are you??

Why can't you come out and say it? What are you ashamed of?

Like seriously, what's the big secret?

Are you American or first generation american of another culture?

Stop wasting everyone's time with your foolishness.
Race and ethnicity are two different things.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:31 PM

620 posts, read 1,299,848 times
Quote:
I believe that there is only one race on this planet. It’s called Humanity. So I DO mean ethnicity (not a skin color but culture) First of all. Second, from years of dating inside and out of my own culture, I've come to appreciate my relationships with men outside more. Hope that explains it. This is a real thread and I am a REAL person so please no disrespect.

I have picked up on your use of ethnicity. But, I am curious what your ethnic background is. This would shed more light into why you would feel disgusted with half the people in your ethnic group.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:31 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
Race and ethnicity are two different things.
I don't care Siobhan. She KNOWS what I'm talking about.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:32 PM

639 posts, read 828,001 times
OP, you got some major issues

Old 03-25-2012, 03:32 PM

474 posts, read 495,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Well, from what I've heard Pakistani/Indian men would never marry a black or mixed with black person anyway either in the US or their country.

The only black/indian mixes I know of are Trinidadians. They might be an exception to the rule though.

When they come in here complaining about women not accepting them, it's WHITE women they're referring to not anyone else.
Not completely true, even for people from India it's mostly the people from the Northern parts of India who are mostly obsessed with having a pale skin and go to extreme lengths to achieve it. A lot of people from the Southern parts of India are more educated and progressive, I know a friend of mine married to a Black woman(of Jamaican origin) and he was an immigrant, so your assumption is mostly to do with Northern Indians, of course I wouldn't expect you to differentiate between the two since you aren't from there.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:35 PM

474 posts, read 495,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Yes, i do realize that. Just making a point i suppose. I find it laughable they think they are too good, when i would give a dog more of a second look than them.
So if an Indian(let's say sub continental) person expresses interest in you, why would that make you feel that they have an attitude that they are too good for you? In that case they wouldn't have approached you in the first place, right? Or is it because you abhor them yourselves, I fail to understand what you meant.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:39 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Not completely true, even for people from India it's mostly the people from the Northern parts of India who are mostly obsessed with having a pale skin and go to extreme lengths to achieve it. A lot of people from the Southern parts of India are more educated and progressive, I know a friend of mine married to a Black woman(of Jamaican origin) and he was an immigrant, so your assumption is mostly to do with Northern Indians, of course I wouldn't expect you to differentiate between the two since you aren't from there.
Thanks greenpapayas for clearing that up.

Because I've met Africans who've went to school in India who said they were treated horribly. I've also read things on the internet too.

It also doesn't help that many of today's Bollywood movies feature only the fairest of the community as stars in their movies. I remember many years ago that they used to have plenty of darker skinned actors, but not so much anymore.

Naveen Andrews is one of the most gorgeous men on the american screen, but he wouldn't be able to get the time of day in a Bollywood movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships