Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 10:59 PM

72 posts, read 87,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpapayas View Post
Just saying, if she's a colleague the relationship with her would be only and only confined to work too.
and that is your right!

and to be "honest" if i refused to be friends with women who didn't prefer to (only) date tall men, i wouldn't have many female friends lol. sucks but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 11:00 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Would you marry a woman who had everything you're looking for but she's obese? I highly doubt it, so I'm suppose to feel bad for not wanting to be with a man under 6ft. I'm not obligated to date a short man just as you're not obligated to date someone who is over weight. I don't care how many "redeeming" qualities a person have, everyone has a preference they stick too. Nor is it wrong to do so.

In regards to my friend, I'M the one who has helped him with his self-esteem and poor image of himself. He knows I have no issues with short men but he knows my preference is tall men just like I know his preference is dark skinned women. I'm not dark skinned, however I don't take offense to his preference or try to change his mind because that is his right, just like me only being interested in tall men is my right. Its not a secret a lot of short men are very insecure about their height so you're not alone.
Don't feel bad whatsoever, if that's not what you want then you don't have to settle for it. You don't see them 'settling' as you suggested. One of their favorite things to throw out there is how short men can't control their height -- well that's just tough I guess. Them's the breaks! But you're supposed to make exceptions to people you're not even attracted to b/c your reasons aren't valid enough but theirs are? LOL! How convenient.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Thanks, but just of curiosity, is your sister "White"? Just asking.
No she is Asian and only dated white men. I'm not sure if she's completely closed off to dating Asian men, but she said she probably wouldn't go for an Asian guys.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:02 PM

72 posts, read 87,695 times
Quote:
Well you are comparing apples to oranges here since weight is something that's in a person's control but height isn't, so I won't date an obese/overweight woman because I am a man that takes to keep himself fit, however someone who is tall or short is merely that by accident and nothing he can do would change that. So I wouldn't write someone off on a characteristic he or she has no control over.

Also with that comment of short men being insecure while there's no such thing scientifically which proves it, you just proved that you are a bigot. It's actually women like you who give them the tag of being inferior which might make some of them feel inferior, so the problem is that their insecurity doesn't arise due to their own lack of height it rather arises out of asinine assumptions that people like you make about them. Thanks for proving it here.

You might consider yourself attractive and that's pretty fine but your contrived logic just made you the laughing stock of the forum, kudos to that. Also, considering that your personality is quite ugly labeling men who are short as being insecure, I doubt how long the people who are attracted to you would be attracted to you once you start getting older and wrinkly.
green i'm shorter than you and don't agree with this. it doesn't matter that height is something you can't control, being short doesn't attract most women unfortunately. being overweight is unattractive to lots of men on appearance. the fact that they can control weight is a perk that us shorties don't have (yet). Not liking shorter men doens't make her a bigot, she's just not attracted to shorter guys.

when they come out with that "grow taller" pill you better believe just about every short guy will be on it and we will have that "look at me now" attitude.

i stopped complaining about the sucky part about being a short man when i realized how much i wasn't attracted to women of certain ethnicities (including my own), and how if they were attracted to me there would be nothing they could do to get my attention (just like being a short guy being rejected because of height which is also unchangeable).

Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotheosis2012 View Post
and this is completely fine! Why? because this is not looking for a job or housing, it's dating! just because she doesn't see herself dating asian men (ever) doesn't mean she won't respect them as a colleague or friend!

when women say "ewww no way he's under 6" because I don't feel protected, or all short men overcompensate, or "i dont want short kids" nobody bats an eye, or when a woman says, "omg i know i'm a big girl but no fat guys for me only i can be the big one", or "asian guys have small ****** and are too docile" its cool, but everything else is off limits? psssshhttt! puh-lease!

People can procreate, have relationships with whoever they desire for whatever reason they desire! it's none of anyone's business. you can comment on it and argue it sure, but its not going to change what they're attracted to!
I think you are missing what me and Greenpapayas are trying to say. I don't have a problem with people dating or not dating people for whatever reason. If you're not attracted to people of a certain race, even your own, that's fine. But I'm a bit suspect of people who TOTALLY write off their own race. What if like most people they lived in a place where everybody looks just like them? Obviously, these preferences are a result of environment. I can find individuals of all races attractive, I don't rule out any entire race, no matter how good they look. I respect people's decisions, but let's not pretend there's not some, let's say social brainwashing going on, especially with the reasons my sister has given. I've heard her say how having a white husband will make her kids look better. I'm far from a racial purists, and my other sister has two 'mixed race' kids - I think it's bs, but to think that they're superior because they have European genes is I don't know, a bit disturbing.

Personally I couldn't care less of the race of my SO, it's the person inside who matters. 'Race' just means the genes you happened to be born with.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:12 PM

474 posts, read 495,648 times
Quote:
green i'm shorter than you and don't agree with this. it doesn't matter that height is something you can't control, being short doesn't attract most women unfortunately. being overweight is unattractive to lots of men on appearance. the fact that they can control weight is a perk that us shorties don't have (yet). Not liking shorter men doens't make her a bigot, she's just not attracted to shorter guys.

when they come out with that "grow taller" pill you better believe just about every short guy will be on it and we will have that "look at me now" attitude.

i stopped complaining about the sucky part about being a short man when i realized how much i wasn't attracted to women of certain ethnicities (including my own), and how if they were attracted to me there would be nothing they could do to get my attention (just like being a short guy being rejected because of height which is also unchangeable).
It's not her choice that's a problem here considering that she labels any man who's less than 6' short as only 13% of the men in this nation are taller than that. It's her correlation of being a shorter man(less than 6') to an overweight woman that's flawed here. If I were a man that's less than 6' but who's very active, a varsity football player who hikes, bikes and runs and keeps myself fit, how am I comparable to an obese woman who has ice-cream for both lunch and dinner while watching American idol sitting on her couch.

Considering the above reason her saying that her preference to not date men less than 6' is equivalent to me not dating women who are obese doesn't cut it here as there's a HUGE flaw in her argument. She's implying that shorter men are only good enough to date women who are overweight or obese and she primarily says that because she has a perception that she's attractive and hence is entitled to pass such a judgment on shorter men. When confronted with this basic flaw in logic, she resorts to calling shorter men insecure while not realizing that it's her contrived logic that might make them seem insecure when they tend to expose it. As I said earlier, she might think of herself as attractive but with her un intellectual discussion here, she seems to have a rather ugly personality.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
this is woman talk........ no different when a girl says "i hate short guys", "i hate bald guys"........ she didn't say which ethnicity she was talking about to avoid backlash, but you know what she meant... not that she was disgusted like wouldn't sell them a house if she was a real estate broker.......

but it still wouldn't matter anyway because even if she said she "didn't find them attractive and would never date one" she'd still get backlash for "self-hate" when it isn't that.

it's a double standard too. let a man say he "hates women with small breasts because the said woman isn't as feminine as women with big boobs", or fatties should be eliminated from society (lots of women say jokingly that short guys should be eliminated from the gene pool) and every feminist organization and television station would be on it... .were it a regular guy, he'd get a verbal whipping from any woman who heard it.
Guess what, short women tend to produce shorter men.

People forget that both male and female height is influenced by the height of BOTH parents, which is a given.

When a 5 foot woman gets with a 6 foot man people think of the woman as 'trading up', but isn't the tall man 'trading down'? I know genetics are funny and anything can happen, but statistically his SON will be SHORTER than if he were to find a 6 foot lady.

I'm 5'9". I'd like my son to be taller than me (although it's way down the list of 'priorities' and it wouldn't make me like him any less if he were shorter of course). If I married a 5'3" woman, say the equivalent 'average' for a woman, I could probably expect my son to be roughly my height. Now if I married a woman my height, I'd say there'd be a greater chance he'd be tall, perhaps over 6 feet.

So to eliminate short MEN from the gene pool, we'd also have to begin eliminating short WOMEN, in short, short people (no pun intended haha).

Old 03-25-2012, 11:15 PM

474 posts, read 495,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
No she is Asian and only dated white men. I'm not sure if she's completely closed off to dating Asian men, but she said she probably wouldn't go for an Asian guys.
Ahh that's not the first time we've heard of such a "preference", seems like some very strong self-hate there. There was a poster here earlier who started a thread about his loss of identity since he was a child of an Asian mom and a White dad, and his issues were sadly very real.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:16 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
It's not her choice that's a problem here considering that she labels any man who's less than 6' short as only 13% of the men in this nation are taller than that. It's her correlation of being a shorter man(less than 6') to an overweight woman that's flawed here. If I were a man that's less than 6' but who's very active, a varsity football player who hikes, bikes and runs and keeps myself fit, how am I comparable to an obese woman who has ice-cream for both lunch and dinner while watching American idol sitting on her couch.

Considering the above reason her saying that her preference to not date men less than 6' is equivalent to me not dating women who are obese doesn't cut it here as there's a HUGE flaw in her argument. She's implying that shorter men are only good enough to date women who are overweight or obese and she primarily says that because she has a perception that she's attractive and hence is entitled to pass such a judgment on shorter men. When confronted with this basic flaw in logic, she resorts to calling shorter men insecure while not realizing that it's her contrived logic that might make them seem insecure when they tend to expose it. As I said earlier, she might think of herself as attractive but with her un intellectual discussion here, she seems to have a rather ugly personality.
Fat women/men have to accept these things and so do short men. Can't force people into being attracted to you. Just realize this is how it is. Oh well.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
When a 5 foot woman gets with a 6 foot man people think of the woman as 'trading up', but isn't the tall man 'trading down'? I know genetics are funny and anything can happen, but statistically his SON will be SHORTER than if he were to find a 6 foot lady.
That produces more average men!

Quote:
So to eliminate short MEN from the gene pool, we'd also have to begin eliminating short WOMEN, in short, short people (no pun intended haha).
Do you want to kill us...? If so, be my guest! I told ya to stop by in Tucson!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships