Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,540,964 times

Advertisements

Paragraphs are your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
Basically, it is okay for girls to get validation from guys but not the other way around. We guys have to find ways to be comfortable, content, and be in love with our own life, we have to get our validation from life, and have things we are up to in our life be validating us. Success with women, girls and success in life are similiar. Just as girls, women won't go out of their way to bring guys dating, relationship, love success, or sexual success, life does not go out if it's way to bringing anyone life success. Just as a guy's love life, dating and relationship life is his chore, burden, responsibility, to make it the way he wants it, a person's life as a whole is their responsibility to make it the way they want it. If we guys want to be successful with girls, women, it makes sense for us to have long-term goals for our lives that inspire us and that we are moving toward, no matter how slowly. If we guys do this, we'll get our validation from life rather than girls, women.
For example, let's say there is a guy who is a Video-Game Designer for a Large Company, it was easy for him to allow his life to get into a rut. Day after Day he'd go to work, design, program, come home, watch TV, and go to Bed. He had no goals, no direction. He became passive with his life and, not surprisingly, with women, girls. He blamed his company for his lack of employment of his job, and blamed women for his lack of a love, relationship, dating, sex life. His future looked like it would be just his past. He looked to women for validation in his life, because he couldn't find it anywhere else, and when they didn't validate him, he became depressed. Thus the cycle got worse: The more depressed he became, the more he wanted women to make him feel validated, and predictably, the less attractive he became. The less attractive he became, the fewer women validated him and the more depresed he got.
This was the state he was in when he came into when he was seeking advice, complaining about his lack of success with girls, women. The advice he was given was that he has to set goals for his life. He was told he had to go to a local bookstore and get a book on goal-setting, and got him to really look at what he wanted his life to be like in 10 years, five years, one year. He also was told to write down goals that inspired him, and to put them into his date book where he'd see them often. As he began to get excited about what was possible for him in his life, the cycle began to break apart. He started getting his validation from his life, rather than girls, women.
This made him more attractive to women. Rather than wanting to have a girlfriend so he could have a life, he began having a life that validated him, whether girls, women were in it or not. Naturally, women, girls, were intrigued by his passion for his life, and wanted to be a part of it. He also had to make more male friends, guys have to be extroverts, if they have little or no friends, they are screwed, if a girl is that way, introverted, she won't be screwed.
Because his male friendships were able to validate him without putting down his sexuality or showing him that he was undesirable. He found he could get a kind of support from men, guys, he could never get from women he desired who insisted on being just "friends". This validated him and made women's, girl's reactions to his approach less disturbing.
Women, girls are attracted to guys, men who have passion and fire for their lives. They aren't any more interested in prodiving guys, men, the validation for their lives than you are for theirs(that I disagree with, most guys, men, don't care, we are proud to make women, girls feel happy). When a guy, man has goals, male friends, and a life that inspires him, he'll be validated by what he is up to, and women, girls will want to be a part of his life.
If a guy's life is lonely and meaningless, that makes a guy look desperate, needy, clingy, insecure. A guy has to have something he is into, that gives his life meaning, above and beyond dating, relationships, love, sex. If a guy is trying to get meaning for his life out of interactions with girls, women, they will always notice it and reject him instantly, be repulsed by it. Guys too, won't respect that guy.
I understand, already know why girls, women are attracted to rich guys, because subconsciously, women, girls, want a provider for her and her potentially future kids, i don't blame them for that, but girls, women, are attracted to guys, men who are successful in life and many of these guys, men, are not rich themselves, don't have money.
Here it is, girls, women, are attracted to, like successful guys. It is true they are attracted to money but that is not the whole story. They are attracted to guys who are passionate about their lives and have fire and drive. Some of these guys have money, some of them don't. Money is less important than being a dynamic guy, man, tackling his life head-on. We've all seen the garage-band guitarists who are able to get dates and girlfriends, hook-ups, sex easily, eventhough they never play anywhere except but in local bars. Their passion for something in their lives makes both these kinds of guys, the guys with money and the guitarists, more attractive to girls, women.
Along with passion, women, girls are very attracted to guys who have deep social connections. In essense, girls are attracted to guys who have social-status, which means a guy has plenty of friends, both guys and girls, is very outgoing, is frequently participating in social activities and is involved in several different social-circles.
See all the work we guys have to do?

Girls, Women, don't have to do this, if they are hot, cute, pretty, good-looking, they don't need to have things going for them in order to attract guys, men.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,150,346 times
No and erm... No. Generally i got told her opinion, sometimes several times.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:37 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,830,907 times
OP I dreamed about you last night.

Haachaaaachaa. Lol J/K

Old 04-02-2012, 08:37 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,940,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
How often do you imagine what it's like to be the opposite sex?
Sometimes when I make love to women, I imagine what it must be like to be them at that specific moment. I think "Wow, this must REALLY be great for you with all your "OH YESSES" and "OH GODS" and screams and shouting and cries of pleasure and constant multiple orgasms and more "OM MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GODS" and more "YES YES YES YES OMG YESSES" and stuff. I imagine how fantastic it must be for them to have sex with someone like me.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:08 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,583,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's exactly how women are initially attracted to men, via looks. That's how it is for everyone. It's not as if people have telepathy and can know personality, education, interests, etc initially.
I disagree Braunwyn. Women are mostly attracted to what a man can DO FOR HER, rather then what the guy looks like. And in close second, women are initially attracted to the type of personalty a man has, such as; leadership skills, charisma, charm, or humor.

Sure, if a man has good looks, it will be taken under consideration, and it's definitely the icing on the cake if the guy is already rich, but overwhelmingly, women are looking for men who can offer them upward mobility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's case for some men, specific kinds of guys. It's not the case for all guys. I know this because I've dated plenty of men in my time who would not settle. They didn't want just pretty. They wanted pretty and X, Y, Z traits.
X, Y X traits but you can't even list them. Look, men are very lenient when they lay out the specific requirments for a female consort.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,717,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I disagree Braunwyn. Women are mostly attracted to what a man can DO FOR HER, rather then what the guy looks like. And in close second, women are initially attracted to the type of personalty a man has, such as; leadership skills, charisma, charm, or humor.

Sure, if a man has good looks, it will be taken under consideration, and it's definitely the icing on the cake if the guy is already rich, but overwhelmingly, women are looking for men who can offer them upward mobility.

X, Y X traits but you can't even list them. Look, men are very lenient when they lay out the specific requirments for a female consort.
Are you frickin' KIDDING ME!? Are you really going to sit there in your cave and tell us that the majority of men are not MOSTLY attracted to what a woman can do for THEM!?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:07 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,079,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post

I disagree with just about everything you said.

Women are attracted to looks more than men. In my experience, a woman is more likely to go for a man who makes OK money and is tall and good looking rather than for a man who is much better off but is not as attractive. In most cases, if a man is physically unattractive, a woman won't even look at those other 'assets'.

Although I will say Asian women do fit your profile a bit more. They chase status because they are programmed to from their parents.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:11 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,583,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Are you frickin' KIDDING ME!? Are you really going to sit there in your cave and tell us that the majority of men are not MOSTLY attracted to what a woman can do for THEM!?
Actually, I'm sitting on the second floor of a cafe enjoying the nice scenery.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:13 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,150,346 times
Default How often do you imagine what it's like to be the opposite sex?

Thursdays.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:16 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,312,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I disagree with just about everything you said.

Women are attracted to looks more than men. In my experience, a woman is more likely to go for a man who makes OK money and is tall and good looking rather than for a man who is much better off but is not as attractive. In most cases, if a man is physically unattractive, a woman won't even look at those other 'assets'.

Although I will say Asian women do fit your profile a bit more. They chase status because they are programmed to from their parents.
why am i not surprised
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.