Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 09:48 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Dude, this is total crap. Come on. If someone rejects you and it takes you a LONG time to get over them, then you have bigger issues. And you DEFINITELY need to avoid relationships till you learn to love yourself. God forbid you fall in love and get dumped.

Getting rejected is a good thing. It's a learning experience. In fact, he needs a little rejection toughen up and stop being so scared. The words "No" can't inflict physical pain. Everybody gets rejected. It doesn't hurt and there's nothing to be ashamed of. If you go through life avoiding things because of rejection, then your life is not only going to be boring, but you are going to be missing out on a lot of things. Boo hoo, I can't have exactly what I want. Nothing worth having is easy. Sometimes, that goes for people too.

jobaba, no offense man, and I say this with all seriousness, you sound like you need therapy. Getting shot down by a girl should not have torn your world apart. People don't owe you anything. We have the right to choose who we love or breed with. It's a 2 way decision. Learn how to interact with people and stop making it to be this awful awful thing.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Can you imagine if no one took chances in fear of failure or rejection? None of us would be here right now.
Rejection is a good thing, when you're just getting to know the woman. When you've invested too much, built her up and already started to think about relationship parameters (the two hour move) instead of just making out and hanging out, you've gone too far.

I've gotten rejected tons man. When I get rejected by a woman I barely know or am not that into, sometimes I'm over it in 5 minutes, if that.

It's called situational approach. Never allow yourself to get attached to a woman you haven't kissed. That's why they call it falling for a person. Most people are not going to brush that rejection off their shoulder like dandruff.

Maybe you are a cold **** and you can spend a year slowly getting to know and fall for a woman, and then after she rejects you and starts dating other guys, you just shrug it off. No big deal.

Hey. I wish I could be like you. Lord knows I've tried. Just trying to give the kid beats from my own playbook on how to avoid heartbreak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 PM

199 posts, read 300,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What do you mean, you're not dating? You went on a date to the water park, you just said you saw her recently, your OP said you two hang out a ton, what is that, if not dating? If she's spending that much time with you, she's into you. Next time you're walking together, just take her hand, see what happens.

A lot of women like a guy they can feel comfortable and safe around, a guy they can trust not to be creepy or all over them. Don't listen to those creeps who say you should move it along by the 3rd date. What women love is a guy who listens to what they have to say, pays attention, and respects their boundaries. It sounds like you're doing all that.

If you can't bring yourself to take her hand next time you're together, then bring up the subject of her move, tell her you'd like to keep seeing her, and ask her what she thinks, like how/where can you two continue getting together. Do one of those two things the next time you see her. The sky will not fall. Go for it.
Thanks for this. Just gotta step up to the plate and swing away I guess.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
Thanks for this. Just gotta step up to the plate and swing away I guess.
Give us a progress report. Good luck. We're rooting for you.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Yea. Absolutely bro. Go for it.

I hope your luck in such situations is better than mine has been.

You're a young pony. Don't end up a bitter old man like me.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:05 PM

I will def keep you all in the loop (for those of you who care).

Wish I didn't work five straight 12hr shifts this past thursday - sunday. Ugh.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:56 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
I will def keep you all in the loop (for those of you who care).

Wish I didn't work five straight 12hr shifts this past thursday - sunday. Ugh.
We are pulling for you! Do keep us posted

Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Well, we haven't heard from Peerless in awhile. Do we assume that no news is good news?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:34 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, we haven't heard from Peerless in awhile. Do we assume that no news is good news?
I guess it means either he hasn't gotten out of bed yet or he's despondently sitting on the couch, gorging on Cheetos and watching endless reruns of Nick at Nite.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 AM

No news.. is no news.

Worked 72hrs the past week, and haven't seen her mainly because of that. Had called her the other day, but she was busy at work and had some things to do later that night. Hopefully will be seeing her sometime this week.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:38 PM

Well, looks like this one is over LOL.

Was gonna see if she wanted to hang out this past Friday night, but she was on her way up to the upper pennisula of Michigan. Texted her that we should still hit up a waterpark or something similar this week, and never got a response back.

Looks like another missed opportunity in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships