Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:50 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,805,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
the males that's out there in this age group only want fu*k buddies or FWB, anything where it's as easy for them as possible to 'get some' without having to do much more. they always say they don't want serious relationships or marriage...probably b/c they require too much effort. I seen it over and over again.
What a load of ****. I suppose I could say that about women in that age group and get away with it, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 02:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,728,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
What a load of ****. I suppose I could say that about women in that age group and get away with it, right?

Telling you what I have seen and experienced for myself; they are less and less interested in making efforts and just want 'sex freebies' or however you want to phrase it. If you call them on it, they will say you are 'stuck up' or think you're 'entitled.' Entitled to what? Being treated half way decent? Well, excuse me! LOL.... You can say whatever you want about women in this age group, I don't give a damn.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:53 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,505,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz0rd View Post
OUCH...

I think ever since I hit that 30 mark and still single, dating has taken a hard turn.
Well, I spent the time period of 24-30 in 2 back to back relationships... so, I'm not sure how that period would have been.

But, has anybody else just have trouble dating? I am never married, no kids, and just hit my 30s...I'm finding it harder and harder to find decent women, I'm sure it is hard for the women to find guys also.

I am not really the type to "settle" or just date anybody so eh... I think I might wind up like Seinfeld or something. That is how I feel. And it isn't so much as there are faults with these people, there just isn't much to choose from, and the quality of potential candidates I remember before was MUCH better.

So who out there can relate?
Most people are not in college anymore after 30. Lot of folks move out of town, new jobs, kids, etc.

If you are fairly a good looking guy and tall and are stable financially then you should not have problem dating online and meeting women.

I can relate to you.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:06 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,821,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I agree. I'm 32 and have found it's more difficult to date now than it was in my 20s. There seem to be fewer available fish, particularly ones with no baggage. I refuse to date a man with kids, and I hesitate to date a guy who's divorced. Since I have never been married, have no kids, am financially secure, and made it a point to make smart life choices, I refuse to settle for someone who's not at least somewhat similar.

I'm attractive, in great shape, have traveled, am educated and have a good personality, so I can't figure out why it's so difficult to meet and connect with similar men. There was one guy who I liked and met most of my criteria, but he wasn't interested in me. My friend (who set us up) said he has unrealistic expectations though, so maybe that was more about him than me. Anyway, yes, it does seem more complicated now than a few years ago.
Just for the record, some guys that are divorced are in that position through no fault of their own (same applies for women). I understand the hesitation (there could be alimony, crazy ex, etc) but sometimes it really is one sided.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:08 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,821,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz0rd View Post
Yes... The thing is, I consider myself at a peak now... much better off than I was in my 20s, more educated, more in shape, etc. While the pool of good fish has greatly diminished. I never had a problem dating or being in relationships until now where I can't seem to catch a break. Also there seems to be more of what I would consider "psychos" on the market. Whereas I have extremely little to zero "baggage". I have a woman friend who is 34, she is successful and a professional singer, she says she has a horrible time also. Also, I've never been into the whole "sleeping around" or one night stand thing, so that option isn't even appealing to me.
Welcome to the club. There's a lot of us. Wait till your 36. I'm not into sleeping around either, and its still really hard to catch a break.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:20 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Enjoy your single life pal. There is nothing more refreshing than waking up in the morning and not having to fulfill every wimper of a woman. Just sayn.

Exactly, these guys all think they are going to be much happier being married, or having a GF. If that's the case, then why do so many married guys I talk to long to be single again, or at the very least, express some amount of dissatisfaction.

Bottom line, relationships mostly benefit women (and children) which is why women push commitment on men so much, otherwise, being a single male should be the greatest time of your life due to your immense about of personal freedom.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:21 PM

2,720 posts, read 5,624,283 times
I thought dating after 30 was easier than in your 20s. Apparently, I've heard older women cut to the chase and lack all the games younger women play.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:28 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
I also feel quality of people in general has gone downhill- men and women.

Ain't that the truth!

Old 03-27-2012, 03:33 PM

398 posts, read 750,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
I agree. I'm 32 and have found it's more difficult to date now than it was in my 20s. There seem to be fewer available fish, particularly ones with no baggage. I refuse to date a man with kids, and I hesitate to date a guy who's divorced. Since I have never been married, have no kids, am financially secure, and made it a point to make smart life choices, I refuse to settle for someone who's not at least somewhat similar.

I'm attractive, in great shape, have traveled, am educated and have a good personality, so I can't figure out why it's so difficult to meet and connect with similar men. There was one guy who I liked and met most of my criteria, but he wasn't interested in me. My friend (who set us up) said he has unrealistic expectations though, so maybe that was more about him than me. Anyway, yes, it does seem more complicated now than a few years ago.
I agree on the points above... I feel the same way...driving points for certain.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:34 PM

398 posts, read 750,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkomatic View Post
I just have to chuckle at the obvious culture differences between where the OP lives (Austin, TX) and where I live (NYC). Apparently, it is still the 1960's in that region of the country and if you aren't married by 30 you are damaged goods.

In NYC, I'd say unmarried people at age 30 is very common. In fact, I don't know many people in their twenties who are married.

Move.
WTF are you talking about? I've never even stepped foot in Austin Texas. Was this just some tirade to boost that you are from New York? Weirdo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
Most people are not in college anymore after 30. Lot of folks move out of town, new jobs, kids, etc.

If you are fairly a good looking guy and tall and are stable financially then you should not have problem dating online and meeting women.

I can relate to you.
I've tried online dating with no success, at least OKC and POF. I meet more people in real life as far as that goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarcelonaFan View Post
I thought dating after 30 was easier than in your 20s. Apparently, I've heard older women cut to the chase and lack all the games younger women play.
That is if you are into meaningless sex, which I'm not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships