Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is a lack of overal experience in relationships a red flag to you?
Male: Yes. Lack of overall experience is a red flag to me. 7 10.45%
Male: No. Lack of overall experience isn't a red flag to me. 33 49.25%
Female: Yes. Lack of overall experience is a red flag to me. 17 25.37%
Female: No. Lack of overall experience isn't a red flag to me. 10 14.93%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 01:07 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
still, lack of experience hurts men more than women

stop perpetuating this. you can't possibly know what has affected some women and the negative responses we've gotten. this wasn't about 'who does it hurt more men or women' anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times
Well judging by the poll, men who are inexperienced are less likely to have a chance with women than vice versa.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:45 PM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephV55 View Post
It truly does not matter with me.

I want someone where we can have a nice easy day-to-day relationship
with (read no drama) where we can laugh about our collective foibles and
weaknesses and discuss them together... rather separately running off to
boards like this looking for advice on "how to deal with...".
"(read no drama) "
When you find a woman who is free of drama you will have found a Vulcan.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:38 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Well judging by the poll, men who are inexperienced are less likely to have a chance with women than vice versa.
what he said, this is evidence to prove that lack of experience hurts men more than women

Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM

410 posts, read 515,190 times
I've only been intimate with one guy so far and he was very experienced in bed compared to myself. I did realise that I needed more experience because it wasn't going so well. I think experience does matter only if your partner is highly experienced.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,058,962 times
I think there are so many reasons why someone may not have much relationship/dating experience.

A. A woman's mother may have left the picture early in her life due to divorce, death, etc. Her father may have become ill and she may have forgone marriage/dating/relationships to care for the father, help raise her siblings, etc.

B. A man's father may have left the picture early in his life for similar reasons posted above, leaving him with the decision to forge ahead with his own life, or take on the responsobilities of the father to help the mother, maybe have to help keep a family business going, care for younger siblings, etc.

Both would probably be well versed in caring, compassion and compromise and might make excellent mates later in life as the rougher waters of ealier experiences calm, and could well come with less accumulated baggage over others who took a different path. But would invariably be "Red Flagged" given some of the guidelines discussed in this thread.

These just two examples off the top of my head, Im' sure there are plenty of other situations that migh lead one to lack so called "experience" as set forth here.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
I'm noticing a pattern. For most of the men, lack of experience isn't a deal breaker. For 3 out of ever 5 women, lack of experience is a deal breaker.

Personally, I don't think lack of experience should be a deal breaker. I won't lie. I am a bit biased because I'm 25 and I have never been in a romantic relationship. Just the same, I don't think lack of experience should be the reason for a person not getting a chance at love.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:40 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
A guy in my age range with no experience would make me think twice. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, I just don't have the patience for it anymore.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
I find this poll interesting, guys dont mind dating or being in a relationship with a female who lacks experience in dating while women prefer men who have experience in dating and relationships. I can say a woman with less experience to the table brings less baggage and less drama which is a plus in my book while a women with experience in relationships bring drama, debt, and two kids from a previous relationship in to your relationship. Im in my late twenties and I have to say I have had a short burst of dating relationships wihch only lasted for a month or so, I just loose interest plus the drama she brings into a relationship which can hold me back from doing what I gotta do for myself. I have no time for a womans drama and peril which they are best at! Me as a guy who has went to college and graduated, trying to build a world for myself, with my up and coming finances and no debt which I dont owe and so forth and no kids. Im in my twenties and I wanna have some sort of fun and enjoy myself. I have a clean slate and I do want a girl with a clean slate like myself but thats rare these days. IF I was in a relationship with different women on the regular no doubt I would be paying some sort of child support by now! As for women who prefer dating guys with some sort of experience would you prefer married men as well and working to be a fulltime homewrecker like Alicia Keys for example?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:09 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
I'm 45. If he has no experience, heck yes, that would be a huge red flag for me. If he hasn't managed to form a good relationship with a decent woman by now, something is seriously wrong with him. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships