Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:13 PM

36,225 posts, read 30,664,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Most of the guys on this forum represent the traditional male point of view,
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

We have some men on this forum that represent the norm. And we have a group of guys that comment pretty much exculsively on topic about single moms and how guys get screwed in divorce. That group always says no, run, there ok for sex but no ltr. Yet the majority of people know lots of single moms who have married childless men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 01:15 PM

36,225 posts, read 30,664,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I think some of the guys on here might be thinking of single (never married) mothers. From what I have seen, childless men seem to be more open to getting into relationships with single (divorced or widowed) mothers than with never married single mothers.

Then of course age is a big factor too.

I believe you are right. They seem to think that single mom by defination is some 20 yr. old never married, unemployed, ambitionless, uneducated women with 3 baby daddies. I wouldnt want a relationship with someone like that either.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM

10 posts, read 20,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Nothing wrong with being selfish as long as you acknowledge it. I acknowledge I am too selfish to be a parent. I want to enjoy this short life by living as much as possible and seeing as much as I can. I do not want the responsibility or financial burden of a child. I also recognize that I never want to be second in my significant others life. Unfortunately not enough people are smart enough or disciplined enough to recognize this in themselves. They have a baby and end up neglecting it. So many people want kids, but don't want to take care of them. In some scenarios, you see a family where they neglect one child as it gets older, then go have another child! Meanwhile the older one is treated like garbage, because he or she isn't a cute newborn. I'll also add this dynamic. I am 1 of 3 (techinically 4, oldest died at birth), and all 3 of us were abandoned. My father got custody of us thinking it would bring my mother back. When she didn't come back, we got dumped on friends of the family or relatives. My parents were absentee starting at age 9. I learned to cook my own food at age 12. My father wouldn't even spend money on me to get me a haircut, so he cut it himself....very very badly. Yet he was buying jewelry and loaning money to his girlfriends. There's nothing wrong with those of us who don't want to parent someone else's kid.

For the record, I do not have any pets, even though I love cats.
Ok I understend you're point of view.
What I said ''bunch of selfish people''i ment the way some of these guys answered the question.I understend when some young male do not want a relationship because there is a kid...but it is wrong to see the kid as baggage..and that woman can be better then a woman without kids.
I was 19 when I had my son,with 20 I divorced and was alone untill this year...my kid only make me to become a better person,mature,responsable...with other words I will not be the persons who I am today and I belive is better like this then clubing every weekend .Who wanted to stay by my side, those are still in my life and who didn't,because they got scared,still struggle these days to put their life together cus all they know is heaving fun and not take big responsability.
And almoust every child knows who the father is..not many mans need to play the daddy role to hard.

I am so happy that I found such a good man to marry me with a child..I treat him like my king.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:34 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,307,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
We have some men on this forum that represent the norm. And we have a group of guys that comment pretty much exculsively on topic about single moms and how guys get screwed in divorce. That group always says no, run, there ok for sex but no ltr. Yet the majority of people know lots of single moms who have married childless men.
Don't Moms tell their daughters "it's just as easy to fall in love with a rich man than a poor one?"

Yes, the bold item shown above is correct. For others, the issue is "not much in common" any more.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Ok, ChessieMother
You wouldn't like my mother side either.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 PM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Don't Moms tell their daughters "it's just as easy to fall in love with a rich man than a poor one?"
Nope. DADS tell their daughters that. Mine certainly did, many many times.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:48 PM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
More importantly...

Would you date someone who ACTS like a child ?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,039,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Nope. DADS tell their daughters that. Mine certainly did, many many times.
Yup, you got that right.

Moms tell their daughters "marry for love, not money" or at least mine (and my grandmother) did.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:51 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,156,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You wouldn't like my mother side either.
Oh, come on ChessieMama.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:55 PM

25,803 posts, read 16,451,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
Just a question, I recently talked to an old crush of mine are Facebook, I don't have any feelings for her, but she is 20 years old and has a child. Her boyfriend hasn't been heard from since they had an argument. I thought it would be interesting to ask, would you date someone you were interested in even if they have a child? What would you do? Would you treat them any differently?
No. End of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships