Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:27 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I think your theory has already been debunked here.

signed
single mother of 2 who married younger professional childless man
Was it your 3rd marriage or 4th?

Let us know how the 5th goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 02:32 PM

507 posts, read 513,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead360 View Post
Just a question, I recently talked to an old crush of mine are Facebook, I don't have any feelings for her, but she is 20 years old and has a child. Her boyfriend hasn't been heard from since they had an argument. I thought it would be interesting to ask, would you date someone you were interested in even if they have a child? What would you do? Would you treat them any differently?
I have and I would but I would prefer not to...I can adjust when I really want to be with someone but in the long run I want to be able to get up and go when I want...children can slow things down and they must always be a priority....if a man I were dating put their child on the back burner to date me...then he isn't for me

Old 03-30-2012, 03:09 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
I found that single moms can be aggressive toward single childless men. It's ridiculous, because the equation is so lopsided. It means you have to put up with the crap (and it will be there) related to their kid(s) and they don't have to put up with crap coming from your kids, because you don't have any.

I have seen this dynamic:
- more single childless women marry single dads
- than single childless men who marry single moms

Old 03-30-2012, 03:12 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I found that single moms can be aggressive toward single childless men. It's ridiculous, because the equation is so lopsided. It means you have to put up with the crap (and it will be there) related to their kid(s) and they don't have to put up with crap coming from your kids, because you don't have any.

I think you are correct. And in my case, I never had kids, very little baggage, but I like the idea of being part of something bigger than myself. The guy I am with has a 13 year old, part-time.

I am not sure I have ever ran across a single man sans kids who married a single mom...

Old 03-30-2012, 03:22 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
I think you are correct. And in my case, I never had kids, very little baggage, but I like the idea of being part of something bigger than myself. The guy I am with has a 13 year old, part-time.

I am not sure I have ever ran across a single man sans kids who married a single mom...
That said, have you passed up on men without kids for that reason?

About the second item, I've run into several situations where this has happened, though not many. I knew this one single professional guy who was being chased by a lot of single women, some attractively packaged and some not so much. He married a woman with a child from a previous marriage who was only slightly better looking than those chasing him. This child was being verbally/emotionally abused by her Dad's new wife. Bring on the counseling and interventions! Sheez. Now, they have some kids of their own. To each their own.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Was it your 3rd marriage or 4th?

Let us know how the 5th goes.
Wow, you're a rude person aren't you. I bet you don't have much success with the women. And here robert was telling us most of the men here represent 'normal men'. What a joke. Half the men here represent the whining, sniveling, sad sacks women despise. Being online just allows you to say things you would never get away with in real life because they're so obnoxious.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 AM

733 posts, read 1,663,660 times
Tried. And failed. So no. :/

Old 03-31-2012, 01:13 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

There's also this dynamic

- the pregnant women walking down the street who is "single"

(something that's incredibly f'd up once you wrap your head around it)

No one want's to deal with a bastard, whether they're small or a teenager. There's too much a pity party for single moms. Single mother's should be shamed, and aggressively at that.

Now that i'm approaching my 30's I have to deal with lots of aggressive, loud (large & in charge) single mothers. It's amusing because it's like watching them try to buy a lotto ticket without any awareness that they're on the losing end.

I think it's good to see people get second chances, but not in this case. I won't contribute to this epidemic.

My answer to the OP's original question:

no.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:17 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
There's also this dynamic

- the pregnant women walking down the street who is "single"

(something that's incredibly f'd up once you wrap your head around it)

No one want's to deal with a bastard, whether they're small or a teenager. There's too much a pity party for single moms. Single mother's should be shamed, and aggressively at that.

Now that i'm approaching my 30's I have to deal with lots of aggressive, loud (large & in charge) single mothers. It's amusing because it's like watching them try to buy a lotto ticket without any awareness that they're on the losing end.

I think it's good to see people get second chances, but not in this case. I won't contribute to this epidemic.

My answer to the OP's original question:

no.
Why would you say something like this? One thing to not want kids but.... I don't think single mothers ask for a 'pity party' they can't help it if some man they entrusted picks up and leaves them high and dry (which I remind you, is how most women end up single mothers in the first place).

I had one and she did her damnedest to raise me and I would like to see men do HALF of what she did and still come out on top. That is why they run, b/c they know that they couldn't do it if it was left all on them.

P.S. I would avoid calling some woman's child a 'bastard,' as well. Very classy.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:24 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,932 times
Kids are a total deal breaker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships