Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 11:14 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times

Advertisements

What's weird is when a woman who you would think has every reason to have at least average self-esteem does not. I knew one girl like this in college. She was California-born but of Slavic heritage, and was very striking. Came from an upper middle-class background and was an A/B student. I never got it. I guess if you didn't get to preview what happened before age 20, you may not know. She married much later, from what I can see on FB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 11:16 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Women with low self esteem... hard to date?
Not at all. They are easy to date. But also easy to dump ASAP when their "issue" arise.

I always tell dudes who just got out of bad relationships, or are in dry spells to focus on chicks with self esteem issues. They can usually be found in bookstores in the "self help" or "new age" sections looking for "answers" to whatever "issues" they are facing. They are prime targets for dating. An added bonus is that crazy women are almost always great in bed.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,423 times
I find people with high self esteems to be harder to be around. They have that annoying entitlement mentality.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The funny thing is - I would consider myself someone with low self esteem. I'm much better now - but I suffered from an eating disorder for years. I don't know if there is a person around who has ever known me that hasn't heard me say, "I feel fat!" And yet - I've always had a boyfriend. However - even though I've always been down on myself - I have always had enough confidence to know that I deserved to be treated well - meaning I've never been attracted to the abusive types that prey on women with low self esteem. I've realized (and everyone around me has realized) that I'm always going to feel fat - I just try not to dwell on it or let it bring me down. And, if I do say so myself, I'm a lot of fun to be around - it's not like every moment is a pity party!

Not to pick on u but to use this as an example. Women with low self esteem will bounce from one boyfriend to the next because they are so insecure with being single. Im not saying that was u but there are woman that cant go on being single at some point in their lives.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
Not to pick on u but to use this as an example. Women with low self esteem will bounce from one boyfriend to the next because they are so insecure with being single. Im not saying that was u but there are woman that cant go on being single at some point in their lives.

I thought women with low self esteem can't get bf's because you all are so opposed to it (look at the thread) b/c they're so beneath you and require too much "work?"

Old 03-28-2012, 11:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Well, seeing all these mean posts about people with low self -esteem - is it any wonder they struggle with low self-esteem? Geesh!
I can't say I agree with you here. My point is that I see women who are so attractive, etc., but annoying because when you tell them or let them know how you feel, they just discount it because of their own insecurities and issues. Wouldn't you say that is annoying?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Well, it all comes to something my grandmother said once: "If you don't like yourself, then how on earth can you expect anyone else to like you." Of course, this was followed up with a smack on the back of the head.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
What's weird is when a woman who you would think has every reason to have at least average self-esteem does not. I knew one girl like this in college. She was California-born but of Slavic heritage, and was very striking. Came from an upper middle-class background and was an A/B student. I never got it. I guess if you didn't get to preview what happened before age 20, you may not know. She married much later, from what I can see on FB.
I knew a few women like that in college and afterward. Just leaves you shaking your head.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Well, seeing all these mean posts about people with low self -esteem - is it any wonder they struggle with low self-esteem? Geesh!
Who's being mean? We're just answering a simple question.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
The funny thing is - I would consider myself someone with low self esteem. I'm much better now - but I suffered from an eating disorder for years. I don't know if there is a person around who has ever known me that hasn't heard me say, "I feel fat!" And yet - I've always had a boyfriend. However - even though I've always been down on myself - I have always had enough confidence to know that I deserved to be treated well - meaning I've never been attracted to the abusive types that prey on women with low self esteem. I've realized (and everyone around me has realized) that I'm always going to feel fat - I just try not to dwell on it or let it bring me down. And, if I do say so myself, I'm a lot of fun to be around - it's not like every moment is a pity party!
This is the norm. Almost 4 in 5 women in America consider themselves fat. So why is this being treated as an anomaly? I am almost considering self-esteem issues owing to weight pretty normal these days. Fitness is not for everybody. It's like a drill which has to be maintained without fail.

I'm pretty sure most people on this thread are fat, male and female. Yet it's only the fat women who get the stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships