Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 02:56 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yea, they are probably in Africa somewhere, unfortunately for us, b/c I never met any here. LOL.

I like all colors..............

Old 03-29-2012, 03:01 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're right. Everyone has a right to be racist if they want to be.
Don't forget it either.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
When I talk about body scent, I don’t mean anything with positive or negative connotations. I’m talking about people’s natural scent, right after they’ve taken a shower and before they’ve even put their deodorant on—no sweat and no other perfumes/colognes.

I definitely don’t mean to imply that some races are “stinky” and some “smell good” or anything like that. But I do find myself more attracted to the pheromones that certain people emit, and in general, it tends to be woman of color more often than anyone else.
Hi Nimchimpsky. It wasn't your comment I was responding to. I was responding to Trimac20, who said Asians have less BO than other people. I was telling him otherwise.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I call BS on this one. I know that most people who talk to me have a picture of a "blonde california girl" (I occasionally get flack for this). They are usually surprised to find out I am African-American. Where I live everyone sounds the same, like the neighborhood they grew up in. Whether they are white, black, asian or latino (unless the emigrated at a late age.)

I meet people that sound just like me of all ethnicities who grew up in similar neighborhoods, and the converse as well.
Which is why I said "usually". There are times I'm dead wrong. Adele? I would have thought she was Black if I didn't know she was white. (Lol she's playing on the radio right now which is why that example came to mind). But often times I can tell that someone is Black or mixed based on the quality of their voice.

My only point is that people think the blind are completely oblivious to race and I am just here to point out we're not. Most of what I know about race, though, is how other people have treated me and my partners based on our skin color.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i know that AA guys see it that way. they wana call in the EEOC cops when that pretty blond does not jump at the chance to be with them., but she gets to choose and these days u got to have a job or she wont date u. . but good news-- EEOC can help u get and keep that job.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-29-2012 at 03:23 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Hi Nimchimpsky. It wasn't your comment I was responding to. I was responding to Trimac20, who said Asians have less BO than other people. I was telling him otherwise.
I just wanted to clarify cause people are jumping on me and branding me a racist because I notice the trends that companies have in terms of certain products and scents. It's like gum--most types of gum come in minty flavors (spearmint, peppermint, winterfresh, polar ice) and fruity flavors (watermelon, strawberry, bubble gum). There are some exceptions, like cinnamon gum. You'd be hard pressed to find onion or beef flavored gum.

The same is true of hair products targeted towards certain hair types. It's one of the many ways I gauge race. I don't understand why it's racist for me to point that out. I know I don't guess race with 100% accuracy. But sighted people can be wrong sometimes too. My cousin, who's half Ethiopian half Italian-American, gets mistaken for Latina all the time.

Race is largely sociocultural, with genetics only playing a small part. We can all be wrong sometimes, and a lot of attraction lies in perception. I'm sure someone who has a thing for Latina girls might be attracted to my cousin, only to find out later that she's not Latina.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i know that AA guys see it that way. they wana call in the EEOC cops when that pretty blond does not jump at the chance to be with them., but she gets to choose and now u got to have a job or she wont date u. . but good news-- EEOC can help u get and keep that job.
What a train wreck of a post.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:11 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
the OP probably has been disqualified because of his/her own race and feels slighted which is why they created the thread.why else would they start the thread.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:14 PM

106 posts, read 171,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
Ok, so if you prefer to call me racist, so what?? It's my free choice to not date any other ethnic group and I will defend it till the day I die.
Of course. I never said you don't have the right to be a racist. It's your choice. I just said its well...kinda wrong. And kinda comical that you feel the need to lie to yourself. Nobody is coming to arrest you for being racist. Calm down lol.

Last edited by Skyboy; 03-29-2012 at 03:24 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 03:46 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Couldn't rep you again.

Yeah...looks kind of like the Zzyzx Rd. off-ramp between LA and LV. You see it once, and never forget it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zzyzx,_California

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 03-29-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships