Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,573,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
The traits he listed about his ex were personality based, I didn't see anywhere he mentioned her physical traits being positive. Also, he followed that by saying 'physically I go for white and Latina women.' Sounded like he thought her physical traits were not up to par, but her personality traits overrode that.

So I do see what you are saying on some level.
My ex actually had a nice smile and beautiful eyes, she wasnt COMPLETELY unattractive. FWIW, our sex life was awesome too, among the mountains of issues we had, the bedroom was one of the few (if not the only one) where I never failed to disappoint!

And as for me saying I dont find MANY black women attractive, there are SOME who I find physically attractive. Im open to date women of any race or nationality if they have the right characteristics. But USUALLY I go for white and latina women (and to whoever repped me...YES I do know there are black latinas)

Old 04-19-2012, 12:23 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,111 times
its not racism. this is a stupid thread. i dont like most asian women because they usually dont have curvy bodies and i like epicanthic folds on eyes. also i like curly hair not straight and naturally tanned skin. OMG I MUST HATE ASIANS.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:25 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
whoa this thread is still going on

Old 04-19-2012, 12:53 PM

507 posts, read 513,928 times
Reading what DavieJ8 wrote he clearly stated he didn't find many African American women attractive, but he clearly dates Black women and may very well like Black women from other cultures better...which is fine I don't find what he said or posted to have any harm in it...overall he said he usually goes for White or Latina...but clearly he doesn't discriminate since he has dated Black women

Don't see the big deal, he wasn't derogatory or offensive

Old 04-19-2012, 01:00 PM

507 posts, read 513,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
No one said that the Black woman has to leave behind all vestiges of her Black identity; instead, if she appears to be open to experiencing things based upon their own uniqueness, then she seems more approachable.

I get that.

I grew up playing the violin and playing tennis. My father was a military officer and I grew up on military bases until my teens. I've been exposed to rodeos, country music, and conservative politics; in high school, I went to ice hockey games but I also ran track with the other Black kids. I can switch on and off Black vernacular based upon my surroundings, and I am not afraid to walk into unknown situations with an optimistic outlook.

The problem with many folk is that we can accept the diversity within the Latino and Asian communities, but we seem to think there is this one size fits all thing with the Black community. What made me attractive to those outside of the Black community probably had more to do with their perception that I wasn't like the "others" when in fact, I am just like many other Black women (I've even heard: "You're not really like them").

Everything you mentioned that you do to me just sounds like what someone would do who has interests in those topics and activities, and it is not anything racial. Maybe because of the way I grew up in a very diverse enviroment (and yes there were stereotypes) I never felt like something was "Black or White" to be honest I wish more people would explore.

I enjoy going to jazz clubs, traveling to museums, sight seeing, zip lining, hot air balloon rides, I wouldn't mind seeing an opera, going to plays back home or on Broadway, etc. For some reason, these are stereotyped as not being Black or wanting to be "White" which I never understood.

What makes it even sadder is when you have to hear "you aren't like others" because of the way you speak (using proper English) or the way you act. You are just being you and enjoying what you like

Old 04-19-2012, 02:24 PM

639 posts, read 828,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
You'd probably be surprised at the obviousness of the title if it weren't presented in the relationship forum.
haha true, I don't care its their loss if some girl is racist lol

Old 04-19-2012, 02:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
I don't care its their loss if some girl is racist lol
The ridiculous and laughable "their loss" statement, regardless of the issue, pretty much translates to "sour grapes" and "self-consolation." You want somebody; they don't want you. You think about it; they don't give it a second thought. Whose loss is it really...?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:48 PM

639 posts, read 828,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The ridiculous and laughable "their loss" statement, regardless of the issue, pretty much translates to "sour grapes" and "self-consolation." You want somebody; they don't want you. You think about it; they don't give it a second thought. Whose loss is it really...?
how is it "sour grapes" if I'm commenting on an abstract OP? Its not like I posted that some white girl wouldn't go out with me or something

Old 04-19-2012, 03:49 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
So you thought your ex girlfriend was unattractive?What made her different since you are not usually attracted to AA women?
Please calm down....

What you are not understanding is that people often have a physical "type" or traits that they prefer or are attracted to. They do not necessarily end up with someone who fits the definition of their "type." Its like a man saying that he likes women with long legs ending up married to a petite woman. Or a woman who likes tall, dark and handsome who ends up married to an averaged height guy with fair hair and fair skin.

It really means very little when men say that they prefer White or Hispanic women because they may end up with someone who does not fit that description at all. So could we please stop being offended by those types of comments.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:43 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Please calm down....

What you are not understanding is that people often have a physical "type" or traits that they prefer or are attracted to. They do not necessarily end up with someone who fits the definition of their "type." Its like a man saying that he likes women with long legs ending up married to a petite woman. Or a woman who likes tall, dark and handsome who ends up married to an averaged height guy with fair hair and fair skin.

It really means very little when men say that they prefer White or Hispanic women because they may end up with someone who does not fit that description at all. So could we please stop being offended by those types of comments.
It means a lot to me. I certainly would not want to be with a man who does not consider me his preference. I don't want a guy to have to settle for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships